Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lncognito

Now I Am Confused...

I was doing a bit of reading, apparently there is someone who claims to be a descendant of the Prophet Muhammad... ?

Here is my question:

Do any of you believe this dribble?

Also, do you not find it a bit dangerous, when/if someone comes out and makes this claim? How do you not know this person does not say these things, to take advantage of the people?

Please, forgive me if I am incorrect here. It is just something I have read.

This is one of the many things, that worries me about religion. How easy it is, to take advantage of the hopes of people. People claim religion gives you strength. How can this be, when it blinds you to what could ultimately be a lie? Take no offense. I do not mean to say your faith is false, not by any means do I think this. Your faith is your faith, whether true or not.I am not concerned with what you believe, more so as to what i done with that belief. If it helps you to reach out to others, then it is good. If it causes you to hate, simply because you are told to do so, than that, to me, is true evil.

PropellerAds

Peace Incognito, There are people in this World who are descendants of RasoolAllah Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam, and hopefully they will keep their family name shining and be role models for the society like the Prophet.

I don't take it as dribble, if someone claims that he/she is a descendant of the Prophet peace and blessings be upon him, then I will believe them.

No I do not find it dangerous, what kind of advantage can a person take from others with such a claim, MAYBE MORE RESPECT, so where is any problem in that, what is wrong in respecting someone???

If someone takes undue advantage of people by claiming something false, then it is their problem and they will be answerable to Allah and pay the penalty for their wrong doing, we have nothing to loose.

Salaam.

Why does this worry you? Let me put it in other words, why should people respect others only for these claiming to be decedents of Muhammad PBUH? This doesn't necessarily make these people more respected because as far as I know, one's family history is not what should bring him/her respect. Some prophets had bad sons/daughters who were kuffar. So don't let this worry you, and respect only those who deserve to be respected.

Now on the other hand, people who claim being descendants of Muhammad PBUH wouldn't have claimed this hadn't they have a proof of it. at least by tracking their family's' history back to a sufficient point. This is not an easy thing to claim, and in case it was proven wrong, it would cause the claimer social problems as well as a bad reputation.

More than thousands upon thousands are descendents of the prophet Mohammed. He had seven children and they were married and had children. Egypt had a whole society who tracked their lineage and now it turned into a Union of all people who can prove their lineage to the prophet. The only thing they do is feel proud of the lineage of that great prophet.

You are trying to apply Christian holiness that they dressed upon Jesus -PBUH-, saying that he within himself had holiness and capabilities within his body and blood and therefore descendence if it existed. And even still, anyone who claims descendency to Jesus and tries to "make up" an aura of holiness and a cult is a scammer and will be followed only by fools, and has nothing to do with God's religion.

For you to say you have a problem with religion because of that is nonsensical at best. It's like you have a problem with cars and transportation because someone had an accident, or have a problem with money because someone stole yours. Use your mind man and remember you are making up excusing, arguing them and using them to defeat yourself with such nonsense, not anyone else. Little devil speaking in your ear to tell you to stay away otherwise you'll stop drinking alcohol and all the other fun stuff, and your own mind is rationing lies... sorry, I mean rationalising... for you. :sl:

God sent messengers with just that: a message. You are charged with a responsibility and told of consequences if you refuse and explained WHY the charge was made. Earlier messages were distorted by people who wanted power or wanted to make things easier for themselves, but everything from the days of Abraham through all prophets including David, Moses, Jesus and Mohamed is one the same. They were supported with miracles, acts of extraordinary power or ability to prove they speak truth of the all-powerful God, but they were humans nontheless.

May you find guidance.

All people are equal after advent of Islam. An Arab have no superiority over an African. It's not holy land or holy family which make anyone holy, but it's their deeds which make them holy.

Wassalam

Muhammed Shadab

Whether or not someone's a descent of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) doesn't change anything. A person's worth is his/her individualism. In the context of Islam, each person is judged according to what he/she does, based on piety and righteousness.

Someone can be a descent, even by proof - and that's fine. But it depends on how you treat this claim or reality... often, it doesn't make a difference. It's just interesting to know, that's all. A lot of things take up people's interest anyway. It doesn't change the fact that every human is entitled to certain important things and it's up to them to earn and achieve it, such as goodness or happiness.

Salam.

Maybe he is Maybe hes not. The prophet has lots of desendents, and he could be one, but Allah knows best.

Salam

Salaam,

I do not understand how being a descendant of the Prophet(pbuh) can make person have power over us? He is subject to the Islamic law same as we are. Let us assume that he/she becomes our leader, they still are not above the law.

Salam,

Simply being a descendant of the prophet (BUH) doesn't make someone superior over others. Islam never asks you to obey/follow someone who is evil. The Prophet's descendants may or may not be evil. We are not supposed to give them a superior position in society because they are the so called DESCENDANTS of the Prophet. It is said by Allah "Indeed, to us those are superior who the righteous".

Nowadays so many groups in a society are using the name of Prophet but they are the wolves in sheep guise. They mislead the nations. In 2007 a group of above 30 people were found who posed to be the Prophet's descendants but actually they were kuffar. They merely wanted to ublish the false Hadith and verses.

Peace...

Assalamu Alaikum, I found this Hadith in Sahi Bukhari which sheds light on the fact that beng the descendant of RasoolAllah Sallallahu alaihi Wa Sallam does not mean people get special treatments.

Volume 8, Book 81, Number 779:

Narrated ‘Aisha:

The Quraish people became very worried about the Makhzumiya lady who had committed theft. They said, “Nobody can speak (in favor of the lady) to Allah’s Apostle and nobody dares do that except Usama who is the favorite of Allah’s Apostle. ” When Usama spoke to Allah’s Apostle about that matter, Allah’s Apostle said, “Do you intercede (with me) to violate one of the legal punishment of Allah?” Then he got up and addressed the people, saying, “O people! The nations before you went astray because if a noble person committed theft, they used to leave him, but if a weak person among them committed theft, they used to inflict the legal punishment on him. By Allah, if Fatima, the daughter of Muhammad committed theft, Muhammad will cut off her hand.!”

This is the beauty of Islam.

Nowadays so many groups in a society are using the name of Prophet but they are the wolves in sheep guise. They mislead the nations. In 2007 a group of above 30 people were found who posed to be the Prophet's descendants but actually they were kuffar.

Sister Aisha, Could you please tell us where this incident happened and a link to the news will be appreciated.

Assalamu Alaikum.

Salam sister,

It happened locally. No news but I can refer the area. Its Dera Ismail Khan, Pakistan. Near the "TWala" chowk. Recently murdered 2 Shiites blamed to have belonged to that group. No idea if this was as well published anywhere. Seen and heard by my own family members.