Islamic Forum
umAhmad

Why Go To The Masjid.

Assalamu alaikum, My son in law sent this to me and I wanted to share it with my fellow brothers and sisters on Gawaher, I don't know who wrote it, but enjoy and think about it. Assalamu Alaikum.

Why Go To Masjid? [using large font size is not allowed]

A Masjid goer wrote a letter to the editor of a newspaper and complained that it made no sense to go to Masjid every Friday. 'I've gone for 30 years now,' he wrote, 'and in that time I have heard something like 3,000 sermons. But for the life of me, I can't remember a single one of them. So, I think I'm wasting my time and the Imaams are wasting theirs by giving sermons at all.'

This started a real controversy in the 'Letters to the Editor' column, much to the delight of the editor. It went on for weeks until someone wrote this clincher:

'I've been married for 37 years now. In that time my wife has cooked some 32,000 meals. But, for the life of me, I cannot recall the entire menu for a single one of those meals, But I do know this... They all

nourished me and gave me the strength I needed to do my work. If my wife had not given me these meals, I would be physically dead today.

Likewise, if I had not gone to Masjid for nourishment, I would be spiritually dead today!' When you are DOWN to nothing.... Allah is UP to something!

Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible and receives the impossible! Thank Allah for our physical AND our spiritual nourishment!

PropellerAds

:sl:

I love it! :sl: I'm going to pass this along.

I love it! :sl: I'm going to pass this along.

asSalaamu'alaykum. Masjid is the center for all activities. We, especially men, should go everyday. We discuss after sholat. Including share what ever news we got, like as progress in this forum. So our jama'ah can know about what happen at over the ocean.

This is really nice. MashaAllah. I'm going to pass it on too!

:sl:

Masha'Allah! What an excellent reply.

Also going to the masjid creates unity and love amongst Brothers and Sisters.

Jazaki Allahu khairun Um Ahmad.

Edited by Tamarbutah

... What an excellent reply.

Jazaki Allahu khairun Um Ahmad.

asSalaamu'alaykum. Is it pointing to the topic first post (not count as reply) or all 5 reply

?

asSalaamu'alaykum. Is it pointing to the topic first post (not count as reply) or all 5 reply

?

Wa alaykum salaam wa rahmatAllah wa barakatu,

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear I mean't the reply about the man who had been married for 37 years (on the first post)

... I mean't the reply about the man who had been married for 37 years (on the first post)
asSalaamu'alaykum. Now I can see, it's the reply/answer from the man. I'm sorry too, I do want to "stay away from chit chat idle talk", but the essential of going to masjid is so determining. It should be done not only on Jum'at/friday but everyday. Follows sholat with discussion. It had done by shohabah/companions.

That gave me a good smile :sl: I like that quote alot, very much. "When you are down to nothing... Allah is up to something." That is very cute and very cute.

I think I'm going to change my signature to that quote!