Islamic Forum
Sabera

Prophet Biography

Bismillah AlRahman Al-Raheem

Alsalam alaykom wa Rahmat Allah wa Barakatuh,

A book I started reading a while ago, 1000 question and question in Seera, it is a simple book, for those who do not have much knowledge in the seera, simple and short, it is good both for new muslims, as well as our youngsters, I translated a few questions with their answers which I will put here, I hope I can finish this one day, because it is 1000 question, the book's author is Muhammad Ali Qutb, was published by Dar AlDaa'wa in Alexandriya, it is about 278 pages, I ask Allah The Almighty to aid me to translate the whole book insha'Allah.

I will begin with the Author's Introduction:

The Author started by praising Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala and the Prophet Sala Allah Alayhy wa Salam, then stated that the Seera is an open book filled with light and is filled with knowledge no matter how old the seera became, then he wrote about authors who first wrote in the seera, the first scholar was " Muhammad Bin Ishaq Al-Muhamady " who died in 151 hijri, he was the first one to write s book about the Seera, and he is also considered one of the first Islamic historians, then other authors started composing books about seera and all of them copied from him or they considered his book as an aid, like Ibn Hisham and Al-waqedy.

The writer then explains that the sera waas transferred from just writing history to researches and explanations as Al-Suhaly did in his book "Al-Rawd Al-Aanef", also making sure of true authentic ahadeeth of the seera.

The author also explained that the Prophet's life is the essence or the movement of the Islamic History since his birth till his death, his morals that enlightened the way of all muslim generations. Now the Prophet has become only as a symbol of sufism that has no connection to leadership and good profile,, he continues saying that The Umma has lost its leadership in science, civilization and innovation, and slept in the darkness of ignorance. Also he stated how some muslim youngsters can memorize the whole history and songs of foreign stars, and cannot answer a simple question regarding the Prophet Seera, on that basis he decided to make this book, making it in a simple easy language for those who are at the first steps of learning his biography alayhe al salat walsalam.

I ask Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala to accept from me, and if I am right it is by His Aid Subhanah and if I am wrong, it is from my Nafs and the Shaytan.

Salam

PropellerAds

Bismillah

By the Name of Allah Subhanahu I start the Questions and the answer:

Q1: When was our Prophet Muhammad(PBUH) born, and where?

Many differed in the year and date of his birth, the best answer is:Prophet Muhammad(PBUH), son of Abdullah, son of Abdul Muttalib, of the tribe of Quraysh, was born in Makkah fifty-three years before the Hijrah.

================================

Q2: What was that year(the year the Prophet(PBUH) born) called? and why?

That year was called the year of the elephant, because the Negus of Abyssinia. Abrahah, the ruler of the Yemen, wanted to attack Makkah to demolish The Holy Kabbah, he used an elephant for that attack, the elephant's name was Mahmmud, Mahmud's keeper, Unays, had trained him to obey some orders like 'sit!', 'go forward!', and 'turn around!' He told him to advance, but Mahmud stood still even if he was beaten. Then Allah(SWT) sent flock of birds which flew over them and dropped stones of baked clay. These stones killed Abrahah and his army, and Allah(SWT) saved The Holy Ka'ba. What was so special about these rocks? Were they sent by Allah? Let's look in the Quran and find out:

Bismillah Al-Rahman Al-Raheem:

1. Have you (O Muhammad ()) not seen how your Lord dealt with the Owners of the Elephant? [The elephant army which came from Yemen under the command of Abrahah Al-Ashram intending to destroy the Ka'bah at Makkah].

2. Did He not make their plot go astray?

3. And sent against them birds, in flocks,

4. Striking them with stones of Sijjîl.

5. And made them like an empty field of stalks (of which the corn has been eaten up by cattle). 105, Surat Al-Feel

Allah(SWT) saved the Ka'ba from destruction because He knew that one day the Muslims would become strong again and use the Ka'ba in the right way. Sixty years later Prophet Muhammad(PBUH) destroyed the idols in the Ka'ba and, once again, it became a place for the worship of the One and only Creator Allah(SWT).

Q 3: What did his mother say when he was born?

His mother said: when I got pregnant, I did not feel any fatigue or problems till he was born, and when I delivered him a beam came out with him that enlightened between the west and east, then he fell on the floor depending on his hands, then he took a clutch of sand in his hand and raised his head to the sky. The Prophet(PBUH) was born with his umbilical cord cut and circumcised.

More next time insha'Allah

Alsalam Alaykom

Bismillah

Al-Salam a'laykom, continuing insha'Allah from last time ....

Q 4: What is The name of his father and mother, and his descendant's?

His father is: Abdullah, son of Abdul Muttalib, son of Hashim, son of Abdo Manaf, son of Qusay, son of Kelab, son of Murrah, son of Kaab, son of Lawy, son of Ghalib, son of Fehr, son of Malik, son of Al-Munfa, son of Kanan, son of Khuzaimah, son of Mudrikah, son of Elyas, son of Mudhar, son of Nazir, son of Maa'd, son of Adnan son of Isamaeel(PBUH) son of Ibraheem(PBUH).

His mother is Amenah Bint Wahab Ibn Zuhra Ibn Abd Manaf, her offspring ends with her husband to their great grandfather Abd Manaf

Q 6: Why was he called as "The Orphanage"?

When Amenah his mother was pregnant with him, his father Abdullah went into a trading trip to Bilad Al-Sham, on his returning trip he got sick in medina and died and buried there where his kins bany Al-najar from his mother side lived, after a few months Prophet Muhammad(PBUH) was born, and since that time he was known as The Orphanage.

6:Who called him "Muhammad" ? and why?

His grandfather Abdulmutalib called him that name, when he was asked why, he said so that he will be praised by inhabitants of the earth and skies.

The meaning of Muhammad, is The Praised One

Salam Alaykom

Bismillah

Q7: what were the universal signs that occured on his birth date?

At the night of his birth, the Kisra( The king of Persia) Palace shaked and 14 of its terraces fell, and the worshiped fires of Persia were distinguished(it was lit before for 1000 years continously), and the lake of Sawa(it was a lake in persia) decreased, some say dried.

Q8: who was the nurse who accepted his birth?

She was Al-Shafa'a, she was the mother of sahabi AbdulRahman ibn Awf.

Q9: Where did his grandfather Abdul Mutalib take him on the his birth date, and what did he say?

When his mother Amena told his grandfather of the signs she saw on his birth , he carried him and took him inside Tha Kabba, then said, I thank Allah for granting me such a blessed child, a boy who was born the best among his kins, and prayed to Allah to protect him with the blessings of the house(The Ka'ba), and its basis and corners.

Q10: What Happened to the Burma(Pot) that covered his head?

It was a tradition in Quraish that if there was a new born baby, they would give him or her to a certain woman to cover the head with a pot of clay. When prophet Muhammad (Peace be Upon him) was born, his grandfather Abdulmutalib gave him to these women who put the pot on his head. In the morning they woke up to find that the pot was brokeni nto 2 peices, and they found his eyes open looking towards the sky.

Salam

Bismillah

Alsalam 'laykom

Q11: What did the jew say to men from Quraish when he saw the Prophet's seal between the shoulders of the Prophet Peace be upon him?

There was a jew who used to live in Mekkah, the night the Prophet was born peace be upon him, he asked "was there a new baby born in Quraish today?" theyanswered "yes", he went with them to the house of Amenah, he looked between his shoulders and saw the seal of prophet hood, it was written with hair" La Ilaha Ila Allah Muhammad rasool Allah ",the jew lost conscious, when he woke up, they asked him what is wrong? he said " it is gone _ I swear by Allah_, the prophecy from the sons of israel, you took it, people of Quraish, I swear by Allah that he will rule you and his ruling will be spread from east to west

Q12: What did Yusha' the jew tell to people of Madeena(it was called Yathreb before the prophet's immigration( PBUH)) on the day of his birth( PBUH)?

Yusha' the jew told them: "The star of Ahmad has risen, he will be born tonight".

The Jewish rabbi of Yathreb" Al-zubair Bin Bata", told them also "the red planet has appeared, this planet appears only when it is time for a Prophet of Allah to show, and the only Prophet left is Ahmad, and he will immigrate here to Yathreb".

Q13: Who was his first baby-sitter?

His first baby sitter was "Baraka" known as Umm Ayman, he inhereted her from his father, and when he grew she was wed to his servant "Zayed ibn Haretha", and the fruit of this marriage "the brave Usama Ibn Ziyed was born"

Q14: Who was his first suckling mother along with his mother Amena?

It was "Thuwaiba" she was the servant of his uncle Abu lahab, she fed him with a son of hers called "Masrooh" she also breast fed " Hamza Ibn Abd il-Mutaleb", he is his uncle and brother from suckling, and "Abu Salama Ibn Abd Il-Asad" was his brother from suckling he was Um Salama's husband before his death( in shahada) then the Prophet Peace be upon him married her.

Salam