Islamic Forum
yarabb

Obama

I personally think Obama has been elected because of his skin color. Of course if he did not carry enough credibility, the party would have chosen Hillary Clinton (In fact this election was maybe more a vote against McCain and his party). Obama's election is the result of a social and cultural context in the US. The perception that I have of Americans is that electing a black person makes them look cool and tolerant. They also needed change, and what better change than to have the first black president in United States.

It's obvious that I am pessimistic with regards to obama's impact on the real issues our world is facing. But I prefer to be mistaken being pessimistic than the opposite.

Wassalamo alaikom

PropellerAds
I personally think Obama has been elected because of his skin color. Of course if he did not carry enough credibility, the party would have chosen Hillary Clinton (In fact this election was maybe more a vote against McCain and his party). Obama's election is the result of a social and cultural context in the US. The perception that I have of Americans is that electing a black person makes them look cool and tolerant. They also needed change, and what better change than to have the first black president in United States.

It's obvious that I am pessimistic with regards to obama's impact on the real issues our world is facing. But I prefer to be mistaken being pessimistic than the opposite.

Wassalamo alaikom

Have you discusseed this with any American Muslims who voted for Obama? But even if voters chose Obama because they wanted to apear "cool and tolerant", it's a good sign that a society regards anti-racist attitudes as cool.

Peace,

I'm pretty sure some people voted for him because he is mixed race, but I would hope that his policies were the main reasons.

Anyhoo, I guess I'm still a little optimistic about Barak, but im beginning to question him a little now that Ive read a few more things about what is actually going on from what was promised.

Peace,

I'm pretty sure some people voted for him because he is mixed race, but I would hope that his policies were the main reasons.

I agree - and of course some people didn't vote for him because he is mixed race.

Anyhoo, I guess I'm still a little optimistic about Barak, but im beginning to question him a little now that Ive read a few more things about what is actually going on from what was promised.

I am very cautious about negative comment about Obama. As well as the racists who hate him (and who have a disgustingly large internet presence) the ordinary right wing hates him, mainly simply because he won the election and they didn't. I don't think I've yet seen any US criticism of Obama that hasn't stemmed from one of those motives. Of course he will make mistakes and will be correctly criticized for them, but as I say, I am being very cautious about taking criticisms at face value so far.

Edited by melliodora

The American people voting based on POLICIES? That hasn't happened in a long time. People voted for Bush because they thought he was a "good Christian." This isn't the first time that a politician has gone back on campaign promises. Of course, Congress is the real thing that needs to change. It has reneged on responsibility after responsibility, violating the Constitution.

I seriously distrust people that let the Federal Reserve give the order to print over a trillion dollars without even so much as asking a question about why that is being done, and how doing the same thing is going to help the economy.

I seriously distrust people that let the Federal Reserve give the order to print over a trillion dollars without even so much as asking a question about why that is being done, and how doing the same thing is going to help the economy.

You might not agree with the decision but you cannot seriously say that congress didn't know why it iwas done and how it is supposed to help the economy. Also, you might not like the Federal Reserve, but it's incorrect to say that the FR gave the order.

You might not agree with the decision but you cannot seriously say that congress didn't know why it iwas done and how it is supposed to help the economy. Also, you might not like the Federal Reserve, but it's incorrect to say that the FR gave the order.

The Federal Reserve unilaterally introduced over $1 trillion into the money supply. That is separate from the bailouts of Bush and Obama. It also added $600 billion during the Bush bailouts. There is no congressional oversight of the Federal Reserve. There are also hints that billions more will be added. They create all this money out of thin air, and then charge the federal government interest. The fact that most people in government don't even blink an eye at this is disturbing.

Also, nobody in Congress was able to read the 1000+ pages of the bill. The same thing happened with the Patriot Act.

The Federal Reserve unilaterally introduced over $1 trillion into the money supply. That is separate from the bailouts of Bush and Obama. It also added $600 billion during the Bush bailouts. There is no congressional oversight of the Federal Reserve. There are also hints that billions more will be added. They create all this money out of thin air, and then charge the federal government interest. The fact that most people in government don't even blink an eye at this is disturbing.

Also, nobody in Congress was able to read the 1000+ pages of the bill. The same thing happened with the Patriot Act.

Why couldn't they read it? I can read a 1000+ page book in my spare time in a few days. Congress members have plenty of staff. Yes, it would no doubt be better if Congress had more time to consider legislation; no it is not true that they could not have read it; it is probably not true that nobody in Congress did read it.

There IS Congressional oversight of the FR in that the Congress can disband the FR if it wants. The fact that most people in government support the continuation of the FR system is prima facie evidence that there is nothing sinister about it.

Actually, a three-scond Google shows that there IS oversight of the FR. For example:

Congressional Oversight

Throughout the history of the Federal Reserve System, Congress has been concerned

with achieving a balance between assuring independence for the System’s operations and

making the agency accountable for its actions. Attention to Federal Reserve

accountability has resulted in increased disclosure by the Fed and dialogue between the

Fed and Congress on monetary policy and the agency’s operations overall. Avenues of

communication and oversight, both formal and informal, have developed over time.

Aside from its appointment role, Congress exercises oversight in a variety of ways.

The Federal Banking Agency Audit Act (P.L. 95-320) was enacted in 1978 to enhance

congressional oversight responsibilities. The law gave the General Accounting Office

(GAO; now the Government Accountability Office) the authority to audit the Board of

Governors, the Reserve Banks and branches. Such audits are limited, however, as GAO

is prohibited from auditing monetary policy operations, foreign transactions, and the

FOMC operations. Congressional oversight on these matters is exercised through the

requirement for reports and through semi-annual monetary policy hearings.

Reports and Hearings

The Federal Reserve publishes numerous reports during the year which are important

to the oversight work of Congress. The Board of Governors publishes an annual report

of activities which includes the minutes of the FOMC meetings. The board is required

by law to report annually on compliance with its consumer regulations. The Federal

Reserve issues reports and surveys on a variety of subjects, for example an annual survey

of bank fees and services and a report on the profitability of credit card operations.

The Fed is frequently called upon to testify on a wide range of issues affecting the

economy and the banking industry. In addition, a monetary policy reporting system,

accomplished through hearings, was made a matter of legislative mandate in the Federal

Reserve Reform Act of 1977 (P.L. 95-188). The process was modified by provisions

embodied in P.L. 95-523, the Humphrey-Hawkins Act of 1978. The provisions are

designed to enhance the dialogue on monetary policy between Congress and the Federal

Reserve through a more detailed reporting and evaluation process than existed earlier.

Further, the provisions are intended to contribute to the ability of Congress to take a

coordinated look at government economic policies. The two goals are sought through a

system of regularly scheduled oversight hearings at which the Federal Reserve reports to

the banking committees on its policy intention. The banking committees in turn report

to their respective houses.

The statutory requirements for semi-annual monetary policy reporting, the board’s

annual report and several other reports would have been discontinued by provisions of

the1995 Federal Reports Elimination and Sunset Act (P.L. 104-66). Provisions contained

in P.L. 106-569, enacted on December 27, 2000, reinstated these requirements.

From (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetfas(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/sgp/crs/misc/RS20826.pdf"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetfas(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/sgp/crs/misc/RS20826.pdf[/url]

Why couldn't they read it? I can read a 1000+ page book in my spare time in a few days. Congress members have plenty of staff. Yes, it would no doubt be better if Congress had more time to consider legislation; no it is not true that they could not have read it; it is probably not true that nobody in Congress did read it.

There IS Congressional oversight of the FR in that the Congress can disband the FR if it wants. The fact that most people in government support the continuation of the FR system is prima facie evidence that there is nothing sinister about it.

With only a few copies floating around for the 400+ congresspersons, and only about 12 hours to read, that's a challenging task for anyone. Reading a book is a bit different than reading dry legal documents.

The Iraq War is also a wonderful thing as well, as Congress refuses to cut funding, effectively ending the war. Warrantless wiretaps are also good and holy, because Congress won't get rid of those, either. Most people in government also don't realize that it is a violation of the Constitution for Congress to renege its responsibility to coin money.

With only a few copies floating around for the 400+ congresspersons, and only about 12 hours to read, that's a challenging task for anyone. Reading a book is a bit different than reading dry legal documents.

They don't have photocopiers? What a scandal!

The Iraq War is also a wonderful thing as well, as Congress refuses to cut funding, effectively ending the war. Warrantless wiretaps are also good and holy, because Congress won't get rid of those, either. Most people in government also don't realize that it is a violation of the Constitution for Congress to renege its responsibility to coin money.

If it is in fact a violation of the constitution, why hasn't the Supreme Court (the only body qualified to decide what is and what isn't constritutional) said so?

Exactly, a lot of people don't realize what the FED is and those in charge of this system are actually the people in power over the whole world unfortunately. Its a shame that not even the highest Islamic scholars have given a correct verdict on the economy even untill today. The whole economy is based on interest... :sl:

The FED is not part of the government, its a private company...the biggest deception people have fallen into...what a mess...now that the collapse of the US economy is so close at hand which is all a set up by the same people who organized it back in 1920s, I wonder if people will recognise the truth yet...lets hope so.

:no: :j: :D

:sl:

Edited by world_footy_Gunner_laDy

While I was initially excited to see Obama in the white house, I'm a bit stifled on how he's handling the economic situation. It's still WAY too early to judge however, as he's barely been in office in comparison to Bush's 8 year reign. Please keep in mind, just as it took Bush 8 years to drill us into debt, it will take Obama some time to surface us back out. My only worry now is his potential to cause inflation with all that money he continues to print, and the long term effects that will hold over our economy.

While I was initially excited to see Obama in the white house, I'm a bit stifled on how he's handling the economic situation. It's still WAY too early to judge however, as he's barely been in office in comparison to Bush's 8 year reign. Please keep in mind, just as it took Bush 8 years to drill us into debt, it will take Obama some time to surface us back out. My only worry now is his potential to cause inflation with all that money he continues to print, and the long term effects that will hold over our economy.

On one hand yes but on the other hand Bush isn't the main driving force that ended us up in debt. I don't know how much you understand the way the FED works, if you know the whole history then thats great.

A little summary for those who don't know:

Ever since the FED has been established, back in the 1920 after WW1, power has been in the hands of those who own it (FED) - Rockefeller and Rothschilds are the two main family owners. This system actually prints and rents out money to the government on INTEREST. This sytem or company is in by no way part of the government and has always been a private coorperation.

Here is an example, taken from a website, link is at bottom of page

For the mass majority of the history of the nation THERE WAS NO INCOME TAX.

The money of our nation is currently issued according to what I shall label as Principle 2. Principle 2 is the OPPOSITE of Principle 1 :

The government ( A ) issues money, BASED UPON UNCONSTITUTIONALLY GIVING ITS MONEY MAKING AUTHORITY TO A PRIVATE BANK, by BORROWING it from the private bank AT INTEREST.

PRINCIPLE 2 :

C---------------------A-----------------B

( private bank ) ( government ) ( people )

Private bank makes money out of nothing.

I will repeat that again ( it is extremely important ) :

The private bank ( stealing the constitutional function of the government ) MAKES MONEY OUT OF NOTHING - AND THEN LOANS IT WITH INTEREST TO THE GOVERNMENT

Example - For simplicity we will here presume that the nation is just starting out and that there is no money in existence. The process will hence proceed as follows :

1. Government wants to have 1 billion dollars in circulation to aid commerce within the nation.

2. Government goes to private bank and asks for 1 billion dollars.

3. Private bank, usurping authority of government, creates 1 billion dollars from nothing.

4. Private bank loans bank created money AT INTEREST to government.

5. Government issues 1 billion dollars into circulation.

6. Government now owes 1 billion dollars PLUS INTEREST to private bank.

7. Private bank demands " collateral " for " loan."

8. " Collateral " for " loan " comes from the hides of the American people.

9. Personal income tax is imposed upon the American people to pay for the INTEREST AND NOT THE PRINCIPLE OF THE " LOAN."

Greater explanation of example :

1. government BORROWS 1 billion dollars as a " loan " from the private bank.

2. private bank gives a 1 billion dollar credit to the government ( makes the money out of thin air ).

3. government now OWES 1 billion dollars PLUS INTEREST to private bank.

4. private bank only created " money " for the principle and NOT the interest.

5. Even if government paid back the 1 billion dollars it would STILL owe the " INTEREST " on the " loan."

6. Therefore government must take out a second loan ( L2 ) to pay the interest on loan number 1 ( L1).

7. Private bank creates " money " for principle of loan L2 but NOT the interest of loan L2.

8. Government, even after paying off the interest of loan L1, and the principle of L2, still owes the interest of L2 as that was ( in our example ) never created yet.

9. Government must take out loan number 3 ( L3 ) to pay the interest on L2.

10. This process must be infinitely repeated as the interest to pay a loan is never made when the loan is made and must be obtained for payment of the previous loan by a new loan for the interest itself.

Ultimate results of Principle 2 :

1. The nation is FOREVER in debt to the private bank.

2. The accumulated debt and interest on the loans from the private bank only grows greater. It will NEVER be smaller.

3. More and more of the labor of the citizens of the nation must be spent in paying interest to the private bank for their " loans " to the nation.

4. Income taxes are unconstitutionally imposed by the hijacked government which is now under the control of the private bank and they are continually raised to pay interest to the private bank for the " privilege " of its " loan " to the nation.

5. The debt to the private bank, WHICH YOU KNOW AS THE " NATIONAL DEBT," can NEVER be smaller nor or can it ever be paid ( go to you are not allowed to post links yetalgaoaktree(contact admin if its a beneficial link) and click on the " money " link for the reasons why this is true ).

6. The financial and monetary policies of the nation are dedicated not to serving the interests of the citizens of the nation but to serving the interests of the real controllers of the nation and its future - the private, and unaccountable, bank which enslaves the citizens to it as it drains off the resources of the nation as its profit for allowing the nation to use the money substitute which it created out of nothing.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yettruthusa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/articles/fed/fedtruth2004.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yettruthusa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/articles/fed/fedtruth2004.htm[/url]

This is the economy of today. :sl:

Why else do you think President Kennedy was assasinated for? Because he was about stop the FED from printing out the money and make the governments print it out instead. :sl:

The FED is not part of the government, its a private company...the biggest deception people have fallen into...what a mess...now that the collapse of the US economy is so close at hand which is all a set up by the same people who organized it back in 1920s, I wonder if people will recognise the truth yet...lets hope so.

:sl: :no: :j:

:sl:

The Federal Reserve System (which is made up of 12 privately-owned banks - that is, shareholder-owned - controlled by the Federal Reserve Board, the members of which are appointed by and are answerable to Congress) is not "a private company". Before you repeat falshoods from anti-semitic sites you should try to do a bit of research for yourself. I really don't understsand why so many Muslims are happy to take at face-value information from people who believe that non-whites are inferior.

Edited by melliodora

The Federal Reserve System (which is made up of 12 privately-owned banks - that is, shareholder-owned - controlled by the Federal Reserve Board, the members of which are appointed by and are answerable to Congress) is not "a private company". Before you repeat falshoods from anti-semitic sites you should try to do a bit of research for yourself. I really don't understsand why so many Muslims are happy to take at face-value information from people who believe that non-whites are inferior.

Okay so you believe they are legitimate and have nothing to do with why we are all in debt today? So what research have you done to prove otherwise?

Right...

*gobsmacked* Are you saying that the only posiible explanation for poor economic performance is Teh Zionist Konspiracy?

Haha, it seems as though it is you who is in need of proper research dear. So John Kennedy died by some mafia was it because they wanted to eh? lol

Maybe you still don't know what was the real purpose of the Women's Liberation. It follows up with the FED. :sl:

Haha, it seems as though it is you who is in need of proper research dear. So John Kennedy died by some mafia was it because they wanted to eh? lol

Maybe you still don't know what was the real purpose of the Women's Liberation. It follows up with the FED. :sl:

As I said before, it amazes me that Muslims get their information from the racist (and misogynist) dregs of American society.

As I said before, it amazes me that Muslims get their information from the racist (and misogynist) dregs of American society.

Really? Haha you make me laugh, my information comes from people you don't know so please don't judge...if you disagree with my views thats fine but don't go to the extent where you need to judge from who I receive my information.

P.S - Oh btw the man isn't even American let alone being part of the American society. Jokes! :sl:

It seems to me by your reaction on my posts concerning the FEB you are either being deceived by the information you get or you are part of this [censored] agenda.

Melliodra let me ask you again, if you really believe I get my information from racist or whatever you call it why don't you prove otherwise that the FED is our ally, our friends??? Yeah such friends who belive that they have every right to lend money on interest to those who are not Jews but not to their own Jewish brothers and sisters, how strange...!

Stop defending your own enemies mate! Learn to recognise the truth from falsehood!

Really? Haha you make me laugh, my information comes from people you don't know so please don't judge...if you disagree with my views thats fine but don't go to the extent where you need to judge from who I receive my information.

P.S - Oh btw the man isn't even American let alone being part of the American society. Jokes! :sl:

Then why is he concerned about the US Federal Reserve Board and womens' liberation in America? And he uses exactly the same language and arguments as used by US white supremacists. You are following someone who is not only racist and misogynist, but a plagiarist.

The more you divert from the main topic the more it proves how much you love defending the real racist, evil, masonic devils they are. Don't worry if you don't want to talk about the FED then I might as well forget replying to your posts. You are a time waster.

Just to let you know the man is actually a scholar of Islam thats why he is concerned about the wordly events and even more so those who own the FED also own all the currencies of the world so its not just an American thing.

And since when did I say the women's liberation only concerns the USA? Stop assuming things, its becomes pretty annoying and you are really bad at it as well.

The more you divert from the main topic the more it proves how much you love defending the real racist, evil, masonic devils they are. Don't worry if you don't want to talk about the FED then I might as well forget replying to your posts. You are a time waster.

You dpn't know the first thing about the Federal Reserve System. If you did, you'd realize that most countries in the world have a Reserve Bank, many of them of much longer standing than the US Federal Reserve System. The US Federal Reserve's charter and operations aren't very different from the others. You might disagree with some of the policies of reserve banks, but surely you aren't saying that every Reserve Bank in the world is part of the Evul Zionist Konspiracy! Of you are saying that, why aren't you complaining about the Bank of England (the UK's reserve bank)?

Just to let you know the man is actually a scholar of Islam thats why he is concerned about the wordly events and even more so those who own the FED also own all the currencies of the world so its not just an American thing.

I'd be a lot more impressed if he was an economist. Do you know who "owns the Fed"? A quick google would tell you that the Federal Reserve System is made up of 12 different banks (and also associate banks), overseen by a board which is appointed by the President and ratified by the Senate. It is answerable to the President and the Senate. Its charter requires that it conforms to the economic policies of the government of the day. Just where exactly is the nefarious activity in this?

And since when did I say the women's liberation only concerns the USA? Stop assuming things, its becomes pretty annoying and you are really bad at it as well.

I've never seen anyone but loopy right-wing Americans (and those who get their information from loopy right-wing Americans) claim that the Women's Liberation Movement is a Zionist Plot.

Edited by melliodora

A three-second google got me a list of reserve banks worldwide. Are you seriously saying that the Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency, Bank Indonesia and the Central Bank of Yemen are all part of Teh Zionist Conspiracy?

Afghanistan - Da Afghanistan Bank - Central Bank of Afghanistan

Albania - Banka e Shqipërisë - Bank of Albania

Algeria - Banque d'Algérie

Angola - Banco Nacional de Angola

Anguilla - Eastern Caribbean Central Bank

Antigua & Barbuda - Eastern Caribbean Central Bank

Argentina - Banco Central de la Republica Argentina

Armenia - Central Bank of Armenia

Aruba - Central Bank of Aruba

Australia - Reserve Bank of Australia

Austria - Österreichische Nationalbank

Azerbaijan - National Bank of Azerbaijan

Bahamas - The Central Bank of The Bahamas

Bahrain - Bahrain Monetary Agency

Bangladesh - Bangladesh Bank (Central Bank of Bangladesh)

Barbados - Central Bank of Barbados

Belarus - National Bank of the Republic of Belarus

Belgium - Banque Nationale de Belgique

Belize - Central Bank of Belize

Benin - Banque Centrale des Etats de l'Afrique de l'Ouest

Bermuda - Bermuda Monetary Authority

Bhutan - Royal Monetary Authority of Bhutan

Bolivia - Banco Central de Bolivia

Bosnia & Herzegovina - Central Bank of Bosnia & Herzegovina

Botswana - Bank of Botswana

Brazil - Banco Central do Brasil

Bulgaria - Bulgarian National Bank