Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dot

Help Me Decide Which One Is Better

Which arrangement do you prefer?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which arrangement do you prefer (read the post for details)

• 2 lines for each aya
    • 3 lines for each aya

:sl:

Dear members,

Insha'Allah I'll add a new section in our forum for those who would like to read and listen to the Quran along with audio English translation. Each sourah/chapter will have 2 audio players to choose from 2 beautiful reciters: Abdul-Baset Abdul-Samad, and Al-Afasy. Once you start the recitation, you can then scroll the text to follow the words in each aya/verse. This is where I need to know your preferences. There are 2 types of text that I would like you to choose from:

[1]Each verse has 2 parts:
    The text of the whole verse in Arabic, followed by the English translation of the whole verse below it.

[2]Each verse has 3 parts:
    The text of the whole verse in Arabic, followed by word for word translation, followed by the English translation of the whole verse.

Please let me know which arrangement do you prefer. I'll post examples of both the 2-line and the 3-line versions below to help you decide which is better.

One other thing that I'd love to know, is how do you like the soura frame height (the boxed window that displays the text). Do you prefer less, or more height? or is that height suitable? The idea is to keep the audio player visible to you, and within your reach, all the time, while following the text, so that you can pause/resume the recitation anytime you like.

PropellerAds

Assalamu Alaikum, JazaakAllahu Khairan brother dot for another very beautiful facility, I hope people will benefit from it.

I voted for the first choice because I personally find the word to word translation confusing because we could get mixed up, specially if someone has just started reading translation. One other thing that I see here amongst my colleagues is they take the word to word translation and memorise it and think that they have mastered in Arabic language, which is not the case, because SubhanAllah Arabic is such an enriched language that you can take a word and use it in different places in different context.

Where as when we read the translation of the whole Ayah together it makes more sense, and it is easier to understand what the Ayah as a whole is trying to convey to us. This is my own personal opinion, I respect others opinions.

Assalamu alaikum.

Many thanks sis for the quick response. Insha'Allah I'll take your preference into consideration.

One other thing that I'd love to know, is how do you like the soura frame height (the boxed window that displays the text). Do you prefer less, or more height? or is that height suitable? The idea is to keep the audio player visible to you, and within your reach, all the time, while following the text, so that you can pause/resume the recitation anytime you like.

Assalamu Alaikum, the way it is now looks perfect to me, because the way it is we can scroll down to go to the next Ayah and at the same time since the audio player is visible all the time we can use it for our benefit as you mentioned above without having to scroll the whole thing, specialy when we go to the longer Suwar.

InshaAllah I have to got to my Friday class right now, I will check out the way it works in detail and and post here.

Assalamu Alaikum.

Assalamu alaikum, Alhamdulillah I went through the recitaion and translation. The way the Englsh translator says the Arabic terms is a bit off like for example the way he says Allah.

After hearing it I still stick to my choice of 2 lines per Ayah. I was hoping though that I would be able to replay the same ayah a couple of times, but couldn't. It's no problem though because the other fecilities on the Forum have the option.

JazaakAllahu Khairan brother for taking time from your busy schedule and do this for the members.

Assalamu Alaikum.

It is true that there is no facility to repeat specific ayat, but you can hold the position indicator (the gray little rectangle that moves as the recitation continues) and drag it back a little to repeat what was just recited. You can also pause the player at any point, then click to continue from where it stopped.

Sister, I've finished posting 40 souras so far. I used the 2 lines version, as you suggested above. If you have the time, or if anyone reading this does have some free time, can you please review the sowar to check if anything is misplaced? Specifically, I want to make sure that each soura has its correct audio recitation on top of it, and not a recitation of another soura, to make sure that I did not mix up the wrong coupling anywhere there. I also need to make sure that each audio recitation is working properly, and that no errors are experienced.

Here is the link to the new section:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showforum=577"]Quran audio+text (Arabic/English)[/url]

Assalamu Alaikum, InshaAllah I will check it out tonight and tomorrow and if there is anything that needs correcting I will let you know.

Assalamu Alaikum.

:sl: brother

:sl: for the effort to make reading and understanding the Qur'an easy for all of us

I prefer the second format. It has all the features of format 1 plus the advantage of learning the meaning of the arabic words. so while reciting any surah one is aware of the meaning of each word . Of course as sister umahmad says we should not assume that a particular word has the same meaning in every context

"The way the Englsh translator says the Arabic terms is a bit off like for example the way he says Allah. "

I agree with sister's opinion regarding the pronunciation.

As Salaamualaykum