Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jinnah

Using Stones In Islam

I want to know if using stones in fingur ring is allowed in Islam. Do stones have any kind of power? I know that Mohammed (PBUH) used to wear ring with stone. Why did he use that? I know that he used it as a seal. But was that only reason? I will be very glad if some one could answer me as I am planning to use one.

PropellerAds

There is no specific reference for or against a ring with a precious or semi-precious stone in it. It is not forbidden. What is forbidden is wearing gold (real Au yellow gold, not platinum as white gold) by men in any way or form (jewellery, accessory, threading in clothes), according to the Hadith "Gold and Silk is forbidden to men"

God knows best

Assalamu Alaikum, just want to make a correction here that White Gold is not Planitum in fact now a days they have the regular Yellow Gold, White Gold as well as Bronze Gold (which is a little orangish kind of color) These are all Gold. It is just a misconception which has been spread by some Jewellers and now everyone thinks White Gold is Platinum.. Platinum is much more expensive than Gold of any kind.

RasoolAllah Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam's ring was made of Silver.

I am sorry brother Sampharo an hope you do not mind.

Assalamu alaikum.

I am sorry brother Sampharo an hope you do not mind.

Not at all, I am not a Jeweller and I didn't know that jewellers who say white gold refer to just chromed regular gold rather than platinum, and I used to be in financial markets as I may have mentioned and we used to say "white gold" regarding platinum commodity prices. I do thank you now because as a matter of fact you just alerted me!! I have what SHOULD BE a platinum 21 carrat marriage band that I was under the impression has no gold in it. I better take it off and recheck with my wife's jeweller before giving him a piece of my mind if it's truly chromed gold! He's muslim and knows I am, and knows I am trying to be as devout as I can be.

Thanks a bunch!

Sam

Assalamu Alaikum, Your Welcome, my pleasure.

Back to the Topic of having stones in the Rings. I haven't read anywhere tha having stones in rings is not allowed, but mos of the men I have seen wear rings which are stoneless usually silver bands. RasoolAllah Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam used to wear his ring on the littls finger of his right hand. He had this made specially to use it as a Seal.

Assalamu alaikum.

Sam,

I know that many people, men and women, from the west wear ‘marriage band/ring’. Just wondering what is the significant of this practice? Is this a traditional thing, or what the society expects, or for any other reason?. Just curios, that’s all.

Where I'm from, some men wear rings (Silver, brass) but most don't, regardless of whether they're married or not.

ard

tnx brothers for perticipating in discussion. But purpose of my topic was not that if wearing ring is allowed or wrong. I need to know if gemstones have any impact on human! ###### far I know Rasulullah (pbuh) used a ring made of silver. It had a stone called "Akik". someone told me to use a "sephier". I want to know if stone has some healing power or medicative power or enthing else?

Some peole believe that stones like Diamond, Sephier, Topaz, etc has power on human's fate. I don't believe that. I just want to know if they have any healing impact on human.

plz advise.

Assalamu alaikum, Allah has put healing powers in certain things and yes certain stones have effect on certain internal organs, like for example certain stones when worn in a way that they rub against the skin have an effect on kidneys or liver or Gall bladder and are often used for long term or preventive treatments.

The thought that any stone has on human fate is superstitious and pure Shirk, May Allah protect us from this grave sin, ameen.

Assalamu alaikum.

I know that many people, men and women, from the west wear ‘marriage band/ring’. Just wondering what is the significant of this practice?

The marriage/wedding band is what traditionally distinguishes a married person. It is a tradition where each ring on the inside is inscribed with the name of the spouse and the date of marriage. It is nothing Islamic in specific but there is nothing against it (except if it contained gold as previously mentioned). It is a symbol of faithfulness. Some like the convenience of an instant recognition that the person is married, so he or she's "taken", or that they are not for singles lifestyle anymore.

Assalamu Alaikum, Oh this topic is up again,

Some like the convenience of an instant recognition that the person is married, so he or she's "taken", or that they are not for singles lifestyle anymore.

I am glad you mentioned that brother, I think here is in the west any girl who want's to keep boys away from her should wear a ring in her left hand ring finger. I was a full Hijaabi and Abaaya lady who was married but did not like rings on my fingers, and guess what? I was asked by a class fellow in my University to go out with him. I introduced him to my husband and this boy was embarrased and told my husband brother make your wife wear a wedding ring.

Did you sort out the White gold issue brother Sampharo?

Assalamu alaikum.

Did you sort out the White gold issue brother Sampharo?

I have taken it off since the posts, but I still didn't hear from the jeweller yet. My wife is doubly not happy, first at the jeweller for possibly not respecting our wishes and being deceived, and the second for the situation leaving me ringless and walking around looking available. :sl:

Sam