Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
KhawlaKhattab

Historical Battles Of The Sahabaas.

Today many apologetic and misguided muslim scholors, who giv fatwa accordin 2 the order of the rulers of muslim lands, make jihad (physical jihad) haram.

They are misguided themselves and misguide many with them while sellin their deen for the wealth of this world.

May the wraath of Allah, His Rasool, and the curse of the angels b upon them if they do not repent and cum bck 2 the truth.

I am gonna briefly write abwt a battle which took place in the time of Abu Bakr's caliphate. When Abu Bakr (R.A) sent the greatest warrior known in the history of mankind, no other than the noble warrior,the sword of Allah: Khaalid Bin Waleed (R.A.) .

As i hav 2 go now i will post mor info very soon Insha Allah.

PropellerAds

I'm really sorry but this topic is going to be delayed a bit. Check back on Sunday and you'll have all the CORRECT info. Wasalaam.

Khalid Bin Waleed Radiallahu anhu took oath on Battle of Ullais which he fulfilled too

"O Lord! If You give us victory, I shall see that no enemy warrior is left alive until their river runs with their blood!" Tabari: Tareekh-ul-Umam wal Muluk, Cairo, 1939 Vol. 2, p. 561

Thank you for that. I will finish the rest off later on today InshaAllah.

Walaikum Salaam.

Jazakallah for the offer. I'll let u know!

The River Of Blood.

After the battle of Walaja took place, Khaalid's exhausted army rested while sharing out the war booty and sending one fifth of it back to Abu Bakr, as they always did, who was at that time the Caliph. Although they were resting Khaalid was aware of Bahman's army.

The Arab survivors of the battle who had fled crossed the river Khaseef and moved between it and the Euphrates. Their flight ended at Ullais.

Khaalid was not unaware of the Arabs in Ullais but he decided that they were not a big threat to the muslims. That was until he was informed about more arab forces reaching Ullais 10 days later. When Khaalid ordered the other muslim detachments, which was left on the lower of the Tigeris river, his army consisted of 18,000 sahabas and tabiyeen (students of the sahabas).

When Bahman recieved orders from the Persian Emperor, he returned to Ctesiphon, while he sent his army towards Khaalid under the command of his senior general Jaban. When Jaban reached Ullais he found a vast number of Christian Arabs who had come from the region of Hira and Amghishiya.

Near by there was a river which once may have been a canal, for it was damned at it's junction with the Euphrates, just abouve Ullais. At the time of the battle the river was too dry because the dam was closed.

Meanwhile Khaalid increased his pace hoping to meet the Arab reinforcements before the reached the Persian forces. But Jaban beat him to Ullais, by perhaps a few hours.

Khaalid was faced by a huge army. But Khaalid being the sword of Allah was determined to kill as many enemy warriors as he could in order to reduce the enemy forces for future battles. Khaalid decided to fight on the very same day in order to give the enemy less time to co-ordinate their plans.

The fact that Jaban was about to be attacked reached him while it was time for them to eat. They were undoubtably brave men but they were also very hungry men. So while the arabs were ready to fight the persians told Jaban,

"Let us eat now, We will fight later."

Jaban replied,

"I fear that they will not let you eat in peace."

The persians retorted,

"No! Eat now, fight later."

After one or two mouthfuls, the persians realised that a full stomach would not be of any use if they delayed the battle any longer, for they were about to be slaughtered.

It was a very difficult battle, although the battle of Walaja was the most fierce battle that they had come across so far against the persians, this was fiercer still. For Khaalid it became a battle that he would never forget.

The historians do not know the manoeuvres of this battle but it has been said that Khaalid killed the Arab commander, Abdul Aswad, in personal combat.

For a couple of hours the slogging continued. The fighting was heaviest on the bank of the river which a number of enemy soldiers fell in combat.

The muslims were tired, angry and frustrated and could not see the enemys becoming weak. So Khaalid raised his hands in supplication and prayed to Allah:

"O Lord! If You give us victory, I shall see that no enemy warrior is left alive until their river runs with their blood!"

The muslims renewed their assult with greater fury and Allah gave them victory. Thousands of imperial persians where shattered and fled from the battle field and thousands were also killed. Especially on the bank of the river, where the sandbeds were red with their blood.

Khaalid chased the fleeing persians and shouted,

"Bring them back alive!"

Because the bed of the river was soaked with blood but the river itself was not, as Khaalid had promised.

As each group was brought back, they were lead to the river, and every man was beheaded in the river bed or on the bank whence his blood ran into the river. The beheading carried on for 3 days and on the 3rd day Qaqa said to Khaalid,

"If you kill all the people of the earth their blood will not flow as long as this river is damned. The earth will not absorb all the blood. Let the water run in the river. Thus you shall keep your pledge."

There was so much bloodshed that other muslim warriors added,

" We have heard that when the earth absorbs some of the blood of the sons of Adam (A.S) it refuses to accept more."

Khaalid ordered the dam to be opened. As it opened the water rushed over the bed of the river and the blood lying in pools on the bed flowed with the water.

Then this river was known as The River Of Blood.

Historians put it that, according to Tabari, 70,000 persian and christian arabs were killed including those who were beheaded on the river bank.

In this battle the persians and the arab christians fought very courageously. But they were facing REAL men who do not recognise death as the enemy or the weak and misguided muslims of present day, (including the scholors) recognise death. The sahabas, tabiyeen, the atbah tabiyeen and the true muslims, of present day who follow the footsteps of the companions, think death in the battlefield is a victory for them and it is a promise from Allah that this death is a one way ticket to Paradise beacuse they were fighting for the promise of Allah. So it's better to die in the battlefield than living humiliated for a thousand years as what is happening in the Ummah now. The scholors are making fighting in the way of Allah haram. What would they say to this battle as the belief of Akhli Sunnah Wal Jam'ah that the sahabas will enter Jannah. Will they also be called terrorists and fundementilists?

Please do not make comments without any knowledge. Give evidence for your comments and don't refer it to an opinion of a scholor which contradicts the Quran and Sunnah.

Thank you for reading I hope you ponder upon this battle and may Allah guide us all to the sraight path. Ameen.

Wasalaam Umm Khattab.

Edited by Umm Khattab