Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lohavira

Islam In Switzerland

Saalaam,

I woul love to know some Muslim Brothers and Sisters in Switzerland?Where are you...we might be few but please show yourself.We can help each other and do something together for the sake of Islam.Or we might strengthen our shaken faith.

Ihr könnt auch in Deutsch,Französisch schreiben.No Problem aber seid nid schüchtern .Bitte meldet euch.Es kann sein das ihr vielleicht in den gleichen Problemen seid wie wir alle.

Friede und Freude,

'Lohavira'

PropellerAds

From switz? cool

lemme know when someone replies!

Salaam!

No replies...no problem!I hope that there will be a moment when a Swiss Muslim needs Help and Support and he/she will find it in this Forum and perhaps in this Section. :sl:

I was one like this and I still miss other Swiss Muslim people with whom I could discuss the situation in our Country.

I have found out that there is a Muslim Community in Basel.If you are interested just go to Google give "Muslim Community" and the name of your city!Its really gorgeuous to see that something is going on there!

Ou yeah Ive found a really good place for German speaking Muslims...its such a wonderful homepage!

I dont know how to do this Hyperlink stuff so I just write it down.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_muslima4jannah.wordpress(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_muslima4jannah.wordpress(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/[/url]

Go there you will find many many interesting and faithrefreshing things!

May Allah bless you all and forgive us!! :sl:

Lohavira

Assalamu Alaikum, I am sure someone will come and post here, if not you can keep posting things about the Muslim community in Switzerland, the Masjid that you go to, and othere things concerning Muslims there, so that we can learn about our Muslim brothers and sisters there too.

don't worry if you don't find any members from there, Alhamdulillah we are all here for you and inshaAllah we I hope we are friendly enough o make you stay here and benefit from your posts and at the same time you can learn and increase your knowledge too.

By the way, you cannot post any links until you make 50 posts, so go and and start making some interesting posts.

Assalamu Alaikum.

Salaaam!

thanks khala for posting these encouraging words...yeah Ill keep on posting.Well you people are friendly no doubt but you are hardly here so... :sl:

Again back to the Topic.

My father came and told me something really...disturbing.Muslims of Switzerland have a hard time,there is no one to guide them only people who lead them astray.Now the Christens have established a place where Muslims who want to convert can do so without any Convenience.Hold on,hold on....shoul it not be the other way round?

I felt soo crushed when I heard that.

I am learning Islam myself...its even difficult for me because I feel really faithdead.I dont know what that is.But I wanna do something when I go back...even if its something small like teaching children Koran.I actually believe that respect and fear does not keep a Person that much away from evil than Love.I dont do wrong because I love Allah not actually because im scared of Hell.Does this make sense...to me it does! :sl:

Switzerland is a beautiful place...I just love it.Hope that Ill be able to do something which will please Allah.Ameen.

:no: Love you all for the sake of Islam! :j:

May Allah show us the right path and keep us away from evil hands!

Lohavira

Salam,salam,salaaaaaaam!! :no:

Here am I again to see that Nooooo one posted.Not fair...but I have seen that 100 and something people visited.Hey come one if you visit,be so nice and post something as well. :j:

I was just reading some posts of euromuslims and yes it is true the disunity is great.Turkish,Bosnian and Arabic people have grouped themselves.Although my Father said that as a non-arabic Muslims in an arabic Masjid the environment is the most pleasant.In turkish and Bosnian Masjids they prefer people from their own country which is really sad.

There Muslim Unity is the most important.The environment and the conditions there are hard for Muslims who are alone.

Just look....I was the ooonly Muslim in my School.There were Muslims in the other school but...the Muslims I have seen are embarassed of their religion.They brag,try to be cool and the girls in the Hijabs are just there giggling at silly stupid things.I dont mean to discriminate or say something bad about someone but I have a feeling that Muslims are not reaching to the higher education systems.I have tried to talk to some of them but when I did not get any response I stopped thinking that it does not make any sense.

As I said it is because of the disunity and the other reason is that some whom I ve asked said that they just migrated from for example Bosnia a few years ago.For this reason they also capsule themselves among their national friends and refuse to accept anyoneelse.This makes the whole much more difficult for them.

I dont know if I have just displeased anyone but I have just described the Muslim Scene there which I have seen in school. :sl:

It would be a pleasure to read someone elses. :sl:

May Allah bless and forgive us all!Ameen!!

Salam Lohavira

Salaam Sis,

I think there are lots of Muslim kids that need to learn more about their religion. Its a responsibility of the ummah to teach the kids. The kids in the bigger US cities Alhamdulillah are getting a good Islamic education and since 911 they are reading more about their religion and getting the facts straight and not just buying into what the media says. There are also Islamic schools that teach up to 6th grade. Situation is encouraging in the US.

Wa Salaam.

Salam!

Mashallah such a nice feeling seeing that in the US something is going on.

Hmm perhaps there is something going on in a bigger city (although the one I belong to is the 2. ...hehe). Now slowly I thing there is something going on and you all pray that if I go back I might have the strength to do something.

I have just seen a homepage (in german) titled Koran analyse (quran analysis)....believe me Im burning with anger.They wrote soo wrong,so shameful things about our pure religion.I felt like crying because of these horrible things...but we know better what our religion is all about.This site itself descibed that it is Anti-Islamism.

Will they stop Islamism with wrong statements....or wrong translations of the Quran??????? :sl: :sl: :no:

Uuuuuuh I feel like hitting them....not really but lets pray for their guidance.Ameen.

May Allah bless and forgive us!!Ameen!!

Lohavira

Salam u Alaikum everyone!!

Happy Ramazan and soon Happy Eid!Hope you are all fine and happy!

I recentyle went to Youtube and saw Videos of Islam INFO STANDS held at various Places in Switzerland.It made me soo truly happy.Although there were not that much People showing interest but the one who did,did it very heartily.

I still had one Point to ponder about.There were no Sisters involved in those Projects which made me really sad.This is exactly what is required.If Muslim confident sisters would show themselves like in America and UK people there would stop thinking that women are supressed or kept behind.

Still mashallah its a good effort and Im very Happy.

May Allah grant them all Paradies for their Efforts.Amin!

Thanks to Gawaher I can let out my thoughts about Islam in Switzerland and know its a good Platform.Thank You for this! :sl:

May Allah bless you all and give us strength to be proud Muslims.

Assalam o Alaikum :sl:

Its been a long long time and reading my old posts I really feel that I have grown up....and my Islam too.:no: All doubts are cleared and my faith is as fresh Alhamdolillah!There is also alot of work being done in Switzerland now Alhamdolillah!:j:

Ramazan Mubarik to all out there!May Allah bless us with the best of faith in this beautiful Month!

I have found an awesum homepage about Islam in Switzerland which really sums up everything.:D

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetIslam.ch"]Islam in der Schweiz[/url]

There is a Youth Forum too,which has its Link stated on the website above!Go and participate its time we step out and do something!:D

Wassalam to all Brothers and Sisters

May Allah forgive us and bless us!Love you all for the sake of Islam! :sl:

:sl:

Feels great to read this, and Inshallaah there will be more Muslims there now.

Jazakallaaj

:sl:

Assalam o Alaikum,

I was thinking about Islam in Switzerland and I do know that the Minarett Issue must be mentioned as it outraged Muslims throughout the world including Switzerland.As it is Ramazan,I feel that after this Holy Month I ll make a detailed Post about it so to complete the information in this Section.

If someone in Switzerland has some Infos or even Issues,more than welcome this section is for you!:sl:

May Allah forgive me for anything wrong I might have said unintentionally in this section.Wallah o Alim...!

Jazakallah Khair

Assalam o Alaikum,

I was thinking about Islam in Switzerland and I do know that the Minarett Issue must be mentioned as it outraged Muslims throughout the world including Switzerland.As it is Ramazan,I feel that after this Holy Month I ll make a detailed Post about it so to complete the information in this Section.

If someone in Switzerland has some Infos or even Issues,more than welcome this section is for you!:sl:

May Allah forgive me for anything wrong I might have said unintentionally in this section.Wallah o Alim...!

Jazakallah Khair

Hi, I think this is an immigration issue. I mean why on earth are there Muslims in a country such as Switzerland in the first place? I can't understand it. So culturually differrent!

Salaam,

ron

Hi, I think this is an immigration issue. I mean why on earth are there Muslims in a country such as Switzerland in the first place? I can't understand it. So culturually differrent!

Salaam,

ron

What about swiss nationals who reverted to Islam are they also an immigration issue? Not all Muslims come from some country in the middle east.

Assalam o Alaikum,

Islam is not a Cultur and it is not restricted to an area.It is a religion which is the fastest growing!

There are many reverts,nd there are maaanyyy Muslims in Switzerland.Its the second biggest religion there!

Jazakallah Khair

What about swiss nationals who reverted to Islam are they also an immigration issue? Not all Muslims come from some country in the middle east.

I don't understand your use of the word 'reverted'. You mean some Swiss nationals gave up Islam and then returned to it?

I was speaking in general terms. I somehow don't think that there are very many natural Swiss people who are muslims. It just seems incredible to me how they allow Muslims to come to Switzerland (Why? How?). And then they ban the building of minurettes!

ron

Assalam o Alaikum,

Islam is not a Cultur and it is not restricted to an area.It is a religion which is the fastest growing!

There are many reverts,nd there are maaanyyy Muslims in Switzerland.Its the second biggest religion there!

Jazakallah Khair

Why? How? Switzerland is one of the last places I would expect to find Muslims.

ron

I don't understand your use of the word 'reverted'. You mean some Swiss nationals gave up Islam and then returned to it?

I was speaking in general terms. I somehow don't think that there are very many natural Swiss people who are muslims. It just seems incredible to me how they allow Muslims to come to Switzerland (Why? How?). And then they ban the building of minurettes!

ron

It refers to a non muslim choosing to be a Muslim.

So a native Swiss decides to be a Muslim and what your saying is basically what is their business in Switzerland? Did it not occur to you that they have family, friends, a job there. They may like the beautiful surroundings and the climate of Switzerland. You can't just speak in general terms and label Muslims in Switzerland immigrants when quite obviously there are native swiss people who decided Islam is the religion for them.

Muslims are not one nation - Allah says in the quran that:

O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things). (49:13)

Therefore it is clear that here God is saying He created us into different nations so that we would be different and that we would get to know each other. If He wanted to He could have made us all one nation but He didn't. Allah did not give His message just for one nation it is for all of mankind regardless of where they live, regardless of their gender, regardless of their financial status etc. In Islam Allah judges people based on their good and bad deeds not by their race.

It is quite clear (and history shows this) religion is fluid it is not confined to borders.

Edited by Lost_In_Paradise

It refers to a non muslim choosing to be a Muslim.

So a native Swiss decides to be a Muslim and what your saying is basically what is their business in Switzerland? Did it not occur to you that they have family, friends, a job there. They may like the beautiful surroundings and the climate of Switzerland. You can't just speak in general terms and label Muslims in Switzerland immigrants when quite obviously there are native swiss people who decided Islam is the religion for them.

Muslims are not one nation - Allah says in the quran that:

O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things). (49:13)

Therefore it is clear that here God is saying He created us into different nations so that we would be different and that we would get to know each other. If He wanted to He could have made us all one nation but He didn't. Allah did not give His message just for one nation it is for all of mankind regardless of where they live, regardless of their gender, regardless of their financial status etc. In Islam Allah judges people based on their good and bad deeds not by their race.

It is quite clear (and history shows this) religion is fluid it is not confined to borders.

I see. Well, I can only say that this is a misuse of the word 'reverted', which means to return to something that a person was earlier. I suppose you would say that everyone is born a Muslim so it would be true to say they had 'reverted'. Twisting of language to suit belief, I think.

If a Swiss native decides to become a muslim then I think it's entirely their own business. I think you're talking about immigrants.

regards,

ron

I see. Well, I can only say that this is a misuse of the word 'reverted', which means to return to something that a person was earlier. I suppose you would say that everyone is born a Muslim so it would be true to say they had 'reverted'. Twisting of language to suit belief, I think.

If a Swiss native decides to become a muslim then I think it's entirely their own business. I think you're talking about immigrants.

regards,

ron

1. Reversion yes Muslims use it to say returning to being a muslim because we were all born muslims - you can use whatever word you like and twist it to your belief.

2. How am I talking about immigrants I quite clearly was talking about swiss natives

3. so basically you have a double standard - its ok for a swiss native to be a muslim but its not ok for a muslim from elsewhere to decide to live in switzerland.

"1. Reversion yes Muslims use it to say returning to being a muslim because we were all born muslims - you can use whatever word you like and twist it to your belief. "

Actually that is your belief, non muslims arent twisting anything.

1. Reversion yes Muslims use it to say returning to being a muslim because we were all born muslims - you can use whatever word you like and twist it to your belief.

2. How am I talking about immigrants I quite clearly was talking about swiss natives

3. so basically you have a double standard - its ok for a swiss native to be a muslim but its not ok for a muslim from elsewhere to decide to live in switzerland.

1. To twist is to do just that. Personally I like to be precise with words, otherwise there would be no point in trying to communicate with anyone.

2. You proceed to talk about immigrants (see 3. below) otherwise this is a case of crossed wires.

3 I'm sorry I got sidetracked onto the issue of immigration. what I don't understand is how it's possible for a person to simply 'decide' that they want to live in Switzerland. Especially a person (a Muslim, in this case) from a country not having any ties with Switzerland and having a vastly different culture. Culture and religion tend to be interlinked, to some degree.

Hope this clears things up.

ron

"1. Reversion yes Muslims use it to say returning to being a muslim because we were all born muslims - you can use whatever word you like and twist it to your belief. "

Actually that is your belief, non muslims arent twisting anything.

Lets not get to technical about words here I use reversion because it is my belief yes but I sometimes use conversion I don't see what the big deal about the word is - I can use whatever word I like.

1. To twist is to do just that. Personally I like to be precise with words, otherwise there would be no point in trying to communicate with anyone.

2. You proceed to talk about immigrants (see 3. below) otherwise this is a case of crossed wires.

3 I'm sorry I got sidetracked onto the issue of immigration. what I don't understand is how it's possible for a person to simply 'decide' that they want to live in Switzerland. Especially a person (a Muslim, in this case) from a country not having any ties with Switzerland and having a vastly different culture. Culture and religion tend to be interlinked, to some degree.

Hope this clears things up.

ron

1. Be precise all you like, I am not going to argue over a word, if it suits you to use another word then use another word.

2. I am talking about native swiss since you brought up the issue of immigration and forgot about the natives.

3. Unless Switzerland has a law that says no Muslims allowed, Muslims can go there and it doesn't matter if you don't understand why they would want to. Like I said before Islam is not confined to borders it is everywhere. Muslims come from a range of different cultures not one.

Nothing was unclear for me.

Lets not get to technical about words here I use reversion because it is my belief yes but I sometimes use conversion I don't see what the big deal about the word is - I can use whatever word I like.

1. Be precise all you like, I am not going to argue over a word, if it suits you to use another word then use another word.

2. I am talking about native swiss since you brought up the issue of immigration and forgot about the natives.

3. Unless Switzerland has a law that says no Muslims allowed, Muslims can go there and it doesn't matter if you don't understand why they would want to. Like I said before Islam is not confined to borders it is everywhere. Muslims come from a range of different cultures not one.

Nothing was unclear for me.

There seem to be various elements of contradiction from you. But I'll just concentrate on the things that strike me about your post.

You seem to have the idea that words, being simply words, can be used in 'whatever way you like'. This will surely cause you difficulties in communication, if you tend to think that all words are more or less the same. I am beginning to wonder how old you are.

You seem to have no knowledge of the notion of immigration policy, relating to Switzerland.

Yes, I do understand that Islam is not confined by borders. That's because Islam is not a concrete thing. It is word which refers to a particular religion. Words cannot be either defined or confined by borders. Islam is also wherever there are Muslims. Islam only exists as an idea where there are no Muslims.

Muslims tend, in general (and certainly in general, originate from) a number of specific countries. In particular, almost all middle eastern countries and Pakistan and Indonesia. These countries, with the exceptions of Pakistan and Indonesia have rather similar cultures (i.e they are Arabs)

salaam

ron

Muslims tend, in general (and certainly in general, originate from) a number of specific countries. In particular, almost all middle eastern countries and Pakistan and Indonesia. These countries, with the exceptions of Pakistan and Indonesia have rather similar cultures (i.e they are Arabs)

salaam

ron

Like I said I am not going to argue over a word.

I agree that many Muslims do come from a particular part of the world. However, an Egyptian Muslim will tell you their culture is very different from a Iranian Muslim just like an Iranian Muslim will tell you their culture is very different from a Turkish Muslim. They will tell you that simply because their cultures are different. I think they ought to know their own culture better than what you think their culture is unless of course you have lived in many middle eastern countries and experienced the cultures.

Muslims can live wherever they want. The main reason most immigrants went to Switzerland is because they could get a job there. Muslims in Switzerland are there because that is what they chose just like Swiss people chose to live in other countries too. It really is not complicated.