Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
KhawlaKhattab

Global Warming

Asalaamu Alaikum.

Global Warming?

It's a joke! How can the whole world end at the hands of man? Hurricanes, earthquakes, floods, All by the will of Allah.

It's either a test...or a punishment!

It is due to the sins of people.

Go back to the Quran and Sunnah how Allah destroyed previous nations via earthquakes, hurricanes and floods.

Disbelievers did not want to admit the fact that it was all by the will of Allah...so what did they come up with?

Global Warming!

In order for you to not believe in the Qadr of Allah!

I want all your thoughts!

Wasalaam Umm Khattab.

PropellerAds
In order for you to not believe in the Qadr of Allah!

I want all your thoughts!

Wasalaam Umm Khattab.

:no: sister

We know very well that at present mankind possess a huge arsenal of nuclear power, capable of destroying our planet. From this itself we know that if man goes down the road of nuclear warfare, man is very much capable for his own demise.

I believe Qadr of Allah means that Allah :sl: has encompassing knowledge of all things. I believe all things include whether man's actions at present and in the future causes global warming and its effects.

Hope someone can elaborate more on this.

:sl:

I believe Qadr of Allah means that Allah :sl: has encompassing knowledge of all things. I believe all things include whether man's actions at present and in the future causes global warming and its effects.

asSalaamu'alaykum.

me too. It's man's actions at present and in the future causes global warming and its effects.

The lands collision that makes tsunami could be explored further. Or is there any info of the latest research ?

:sl: brothers

You both are kind of missing my point :j:

Global warming does happen, pollution, the outer layer and the heat rays not being able to go back out and melting the ice caps yes all these things ARE happening.

But what i'm trying to say is the consequence of all this is totally untrue!

i mean think about it: The world ending at the hands of man? And if this does happen then what about the things that our Prophet S.A.W.S warned us about?

The Dajjal? The smoke? The sun rising from the west?

If global warming ends the world then none of this will happen!

If you both go to youtube and type in Global Warming Hoax you'll see the reality...

:no: for replying to my post though! I didnt think any1 was going to look at it!

:sl:

i mean think about it: The world ending at the hands of man?

And if this does happen then what about the things that our Prophet S.A.W.S warned us about?

The Dajjal? The smoke? The sun rising from the west?

Sister, no scientific organization has ever said that global warming will be the end of the world.

The effects of global warming varies from rising sea levels due to the melting of the ice-caps, altered patterns of agriculture, extreme weather events, an expansion of tropical diseases, changes in the timing of seasonal patterns in ecosystems, and drastic economic impact. These are some of the effects, and I believe that even when they're all combined, do not cause the end of the world.

If the effects of global warming occur, man will have to deal with the new climate changes, deal with changes in the patterns of harvesting crops, deal with the spread of tropical diseases, and deal with how all these changes would hurt the economy. No doubt some human life will be in danger due to rising sea levels, but I believe humanity will still survive, but they'll have a whole lot of new and increasingly difficult problems to solve.

All the things which have been prophesized by Rasullullah :sl: will still still happen.

If you both go to youtube and type in Global Warming Hoax you'll see the reality...

I doubt the arguments put forth by those who believe it is a hoax. Changes in climate have already been observed in areas where glaciers are melting, and temperatures in these usually cooler areas are also already rising. This has occurred over the last few decades, and appear to support the predictions of the effects of global warming.

Also, I doubt the sincerity of some of the people who put forth this 'Global Warming Hoax' idea. Read (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetguardian.co.uk/environment/2008/may/28/climatechange.fossilfuels"]here[/url]. Think about it, people are now more in tune in finding cleaner alternative sources of energy, and if they're successful in the future this will put the existing petroleum companies out of business. So what do they do? They hire scientists and to come up with the global warming hoax idea, to convince people there's nothing wrong, therefore saving their own business. They then go on to cut funding to groups who invest in finding cleaner alternative sources of energy.

While these people may have some valid points, I really doubt their motives in coming up with the hoax idea.

o.k o.k so no scientific organization has ever said that global warming will be the end of the world.

But that is what we were being taught in school! I left my junior school nearly over a year ago and every time global warming came up they said that with the ice caps melting and the sea levels rising the whole world is gonna be flooded! (Apparently...)

And hurricanes, floods and earthquakes are either a punishment or a test.

It could be a punishment because of all the sins people are commiting...or it could be a test for Allah to see how you deal with it. Losing a loved one, being homeless etc.

I must admit i dont know much on this subject and bearing in mind that i'm only 12 i'd love to know about it!

So.............SHOOT!

Tell me, tell me it ALL! :sl:

Wasalaam.

:no:

The website here gives answers to the most common questions about global warming.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/globalwarming.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/globalwarming.html[/url]

The link below gives evidence by showing photographs of different places around the world affected by global warming.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetworldviewofglobalwarming(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetworldviewofglobalwarming(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/[/url]

I understand there's an opposing view, but I believe this view exists because of protecting special interests. There is of course some debate about the seriousness of this issue, and by all means this debate is good, but to say that global warming does not exist is foolish and dangerous in my opinion.

I agree with you, Umm Khatab, that calamities which fall on man are tests from Allah :sl:. I believe that the consequences of global warming, i.e. worldwide flooding, is also a trial from Allah :sl:.

As-salam 'Aalykum,

You are a few years younger than me, yes I understand, schools heavily emphasise on these matters nowadays as Gloabal Warming is a big problem, affecting many things, such as melting ice caps, overall increase in temperature, etc. However, I don't think it will be the end of the World.

I think Humans are causing Global Warming by mistreating the Earth and it's resources that were given to us. We were meant to look after the Earth and the animals, not damage.

Yes sister, I too beleive the natural disasters that occur are tests from Allah, as nothing happens unless it is Allah's will.

Although, I think Gloabal Warming is happening because of humans, as we were given free will and we have chosen to cut down the beautiful forests that Allah made, and irresponsibly burn fuels. However, Allah knew all along what we would do as Allah is all knowing and all powerful. Now we suffer the consequences through gloabal warming and it's effects and nothing happens against Allah's will, so yes, it can be seen as a kind of punishment. A punishment to test us maybe, to see how we'll respond after realising the scale of the damage.

But who knows? Our intelligence is so small and almost nothing, compared to that of Allah's, we will never be able to understand things to the shere unimaginable detail and complexity that they are.

As for 'loving to know about it'? I didn't quite get what you were referring to :S Whether it was punishment and tests or global warming.

But if it was about gloabal warming a short summary is:

The sun emits heat radiation that gets through the Earth's atmosphere.

Some is absorbed by the Earth and the rest re-radiated back into space.

Carbon dioxide in the Earth's atmosphere absorbs/traps some of this heat that should usually have been re-radiated out of the atmosphere.

Due to this, the overall temperature of the Earth rises.

An increase in the Earth's temperature can cause a lot of problems, even if it is only by a couple of degrees.

Carbon dioxide and methane are produced by some of the following: deforestation, rice fields, cows and the main one - when we burn fossil fuels.

Hope that helps :sl:

I think global warming is a natural process the planet undertakes, the planet is warming up because we just came out of an ice age.

Why do you think something that goes against the conclusions of nearly 100% of climatologists?

Secondly, even if this potentially disastrous warming was natural, we could reduce it by decreasing the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere. Wouldn't that be a sensible thing to do?

I agree I mean Islamically we are supposed to keep evrything clean and what not but its just these secular education systems................................may Allah help us................