Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SaracenSoldier

The Voting For Sharia In Somalia

The Somali parliament has voted unanimously for the implementation of Sharia which is seen as good news by many in the Muslim world - and it is - as it reflects the desire of the Somali people to live by the laws of Allah.

However there are some issues that need to be highlighted. First, there is a fundamental problem with the procedure in which the decision was made. The law of Allah should not be voted over. To give the people the choice whether to apply Sharia or not reflects a fundamental problem in the understanding of Tawhid.

Allah says: But no, by your Lord, they will not believe until they make you, [O Muhammad] judge concerning that over which they dispute among themselves and then find within themselves no discomfort from what you have judged and submit in [full] submission. [al Nisa 65]

So people cannot be believers until they submit to the law of Allah and accept it without any reservations. The Islamic government exists to impose Sharia rather than submit it to a vote. Therefore a government that declares that it will accept the results of a vote for Sharia, even if the results are not to implement it, is by necessity a non-Islamic government.

Second, the Sharif government is using its application of Sharia to convince the other resistance groups to lay down their arms and join the government. But from a Sharia point of view the objectives of the Jihad in Somalia have not been achieved yet and therefore the Jihad of these groups needs to carry on. Yes, the implementation of Sharia is the most important of these objectives, however, the Sharif government cannot be seen as a valid government for three main reasons. The first: Just as it applied Sharia by a vote it could dismantle Sharia by a vote. They have not implemented Sharia as a matter of principle but because it is the will of the people and therefore the Sharif government is closer to being a democratic government than it being an Islamic one. Second: The Sharif government is still allowing the existence of a foreign invading force represented in the forces of the African Union. The Jihad in Somalia should carry on until the last AU soldier leaves the country and any forces that side with the AU -including the Sharif government- become legitimate targets. And third: The Sharif government is basing its foreign relations with the outside world on a nationalistic basis rather that an Islamic one. The support it receives from the US, the EU and the UN is a reflection of it being a tool to advance the imperialistic interests of the West and to eradicate the strong Jihad movement in the country.

Therefore, even though it is good news for the ummah that Sharia will be implemented again in Somalia but we should not see this as an end to the struggle to establish an Islamic state and community and to free the country from foreign intervention and corruption.

By Imam Anwar-alAwlaki

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetanwar-alawlaki(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/?p=119"]Source[/url]

PropellerAds

So do we have enough people willing to move to Somalia to charter a jet for the 'Sharia Express' ? Saracen, I expect you to be the first one on.

:sl:

Even though the means of establishing an Islamic State were not satisfactory, shouldn't we at least attempt to benefit from the results? If the Islamic groups join forces with the government, they might be able to have influence over the government and prevent Shari'ah from being replaced with democracy.

This is really the first time I've ever found myself at odds with Sheikh Anwar Al-Awlaki's opinion. Not that I outright disagree with him, but I find myself torn on the issue.

Walaikumsalam,

That's the thing, It is not only the Sharif govt. that has the power or is incontrol. Al-Shabaab control pretty much all regions south of Mogadishu to my knowledge. Even Bay and Bakool, etc are all under the Shabaabs control and they have set up shariah law there. It is because the west approves of Shariff and not Al-Shabaab that we are being told that Shariff's govt. is legit while the government set up by Shabaab is nothing and they are just some rag tag militia.

You said that Islamic groups should join forces with govt, etc. Same could be said about the other side joining the govt. of Al-Shabaab. The thing is Al-Shabaab are in control, it is only the AU force keeping Shariff in power.

But inshAllah obviously you have ur opinion and thats fine. And theres no reason to feel torn. Just give it time and inshAllah with time more clarification will reach all of us and truth and falsehood will be clear for all to see inshAllah.

Edited by SaracenSoldier

:sl:

:sl: shaykh made a good point and gave a proper explaination. May Allah swt give us all hidaya and allow us to understand these matters by making the haqq crystal clear to us, ameen.

Allah (swt)'s hukm does not need a vote.

So do we have enough people willing to move to Somalia to charter a jet for the 'Sharia Express' ? Saracen, I expect you to be the first one on.

Sharia is an Islamic matter .. so by saying "shaira express" you are making fun of Islam ..respect our religion

and fyi ..there are already somalians who were living the "west" that went back there .. but i am sure you don't follow news

Allah says: But no, by your Lord, they will not believe until they make you, [O Muhammad] judge concerning that over which they dispute among themselves and then find within themselves no discomfort from what you have judged and submit in [full] submission. [al Nisa 65]

So people cannot be believers until they submit to the law of Allah and accept it without any reservations. The Islamic government exists to impose Sharia rather than submit it to a vote. Therefore a government that declares that it will accept the results of a vote for Sharia, even if the results are not to implement it, is by necessity a non-Islamic government.

This is by and large the farthest length of Ta'weel I have seen in a long time! I do not know this Imam, but this opinion is completely misguided! It is loading a meaning on to a Quran verse which it did not have, and further uses conclusions to arrive at takfeer and declaring muslim people as apostates which is forbidden. This verse was about the prophet and his special standing as a judge between the people, in that when the prophet judged in a dispute for Zubeir and another man, he ruled for Zubeir and some people thought and said that he favoured Zubeir and wanted to "appeal" the messenger's decision. So this verse came down to affirm THAT, to accept the prophet's rulings when he judges amongst people.

Regardless of that, Shura has been commanded by the prophet, so there's nothing wrong with deliberation and discussion and taking a vote to see what the opinion is, especially if management is put in hands of many. Further more the prophet -pbuh- always instructed his emissiries and later his governors to apply things gradually. It is a victory to Islam that Shariah gets voted in, but to twist the situation like that seems to me nothing more than a politically motivated opinion to get more fighting and bloodshed amongst muslims. The prophet stated that as long as people declared God is one and prayed and paid zakat, he had no right to shed their blood. On what basis now is a government that even applied Shariah, is to be submitted to Jihad?

God forbid such misguided bloodshed, and provide guidance for all.