Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hamada0530

Al-bidaayah Wan-nihaayah In English

Assalamu Alaikum to everyone. Forgive me if this has been asked on your boards already, but I would like to know if there is an english translation of 'Al-Bidaayah Wan-Nihaayah' by Ibn Kathir. I read excerpts of it on your forums here and I have noticed many people refer to this book for a lot of topics and unfortunately I don't know how to read my own native tongue of arabic. If anyone knows of a link or a website I can download it or buy the book, please let me know inshallah.

Salam

Ahmad

PropellerAds

Al-Bidaya Wan-Nihaayah unfortunately is a very hard book to find in English for some reason. There are extracts right and left including the stories of the prophets -pbut- that you can download, but the whole 25 volumes in English has eluded me for a while. If you happen upon it, let me know as I would love a copy to complete my digital library.

Assalamu alaikum, I checked with my son and he was saying that there probably are abridge versions in English that do not do justice to the Original one by Ibn Katheer RA. Brother Sampharo, I think you are asking for the English version for your digital library which is not available, but if bychane you are looking for the Original Arabic one then here is the link my son sent to me, there are 15 volumes, but in the link there are only 14 the 15th is the Table of contents which is ommitted here..

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetal-eman(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/islamLib/viewtoc.asp?BID=251"]Al Bidaayah Wan Nidayaah Online in Arabic.[/url]

Assalamu Alaikum.

the stories of the prophets -pbut- that you can download

:sl:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislambase(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislambase(contact admin if its a beneficial link)[/url] you can get them from there and all other lectures of Shaykh Anwar Al Awlaki (ha) and he allows free distribution of his lectures. It is not he who has put copyrights on his lectures..

bychane you are looking for the Original Arabic one then here is the link my son sent to me, there are 15 volumes, but in the link there are only 14 the 15th is the Table of contents which is ommitted here..

That's ok, thank you so much Um Ahmed. I already have that. I collect digital copies right and left of the Mother of Books so I have quite a decent collection. Let me know if someone is looking for something and I will make it available somehow, they are all offered for free of course and have no royalty or copyright attached. That includes musnad Ahmed, Mowatta Malek, Riyadh Assaleheen, Tafseer Ibn Katheer, Sahih Bukhari and Muslim and many other Ummahat Al-Kotob in Arabic, English, Russian and other languages. Al-Bidaya Wannihaya is only available in Arabic and I was looking right and left. I only found two links claiming to be the english of the full book but they weren't working.

Assalamu alaikum, JazaakAllahu Khairan or the generous offer, inshaAllah if someone needs then you will find the request in this thread inshaAllah.

My son was saying that the translation of the complete Al Bidayaah Wan Nihayaah is not available in English so far even in Book form. I have challanged him to do the translation, who knows maybe one day he might come up with it if no one else does, that would be really something.

Salaam.

JazaakAllahu Khairun umahmad and sampharo for your responses. I cannot find an english version of al bidaya wa nihaya. I wish I could read arabic, but I can't. I do apperciate the link because I have a few ebooks that I have downloaded from various websites but inshallah I will take advantage of the link you have provided.

Salam

I went to the link umAhmad provided and using google translate it will translate each part in english. But the page keeps freezing up on me. Let me know if it works for you guys. If it works for me that would be great because this has to be one of the best publications on Islam out there. Inshallah it works for us.

Salam