Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Safiyyah UmmMaher

Musical Instruments!

Listening to music with musical instruments  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Do you listen to music which has musical instruments?

• Yes I do, is there something wrong with that?
    • No, but I listen to nasheeds without the instruments.
    • Yes, although I've heard it is wrong.
    • No, Qur'an is all I want to hear.
  2. 2. Do you know listening to music with musical instruments was prohibited by the Prophet sallallahu alayhi wa sallam?

• yes, that's why I don't listen to music!
    • No!! What are you talking about?!?!
    • Yes, I've heard the hadith, but I think that times have changed, so there's nothing wrong with that.
    • No, are you an extremist?

Assalamo Alaykom wa RahmatuAllahi wa barakatuh

Just wanted to see what you think! I myself stopped listening to music which has musical instruments and now listen only Qur'an and nasheeds which have no musical instruments. And here's why I do that :

Hadhrat Abu Maalik Ash'ari (radhiyallahu anhu) says that he heard Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) say: "Most certainly, there will be in my Ummah people who will make lawful fornication, silk, liquor and musical instruments." (Bukhaari)

In another version of this narration, Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Most certainly, people from my Ummah will consume liquor which they will describe with some other name. Over their heads will be playing musical instruments and singing girls. Allah will cause the earth to swallow them, and from among them He will transform into apes and pigs." (Ibn Maajah)

Imraan Bin Husain (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "In this Ummah will be earthquakes, disfiguration (of faces which will be transformed into apes and pigs) and showers of stone (descending o­n them from the heaven)."A man from among the Muslimeen said:"O Rasulullah!When will this be?"Rasulullah(sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said:"When singing girls and musical instruments will become profuse and when liquor will be consumed (in abundance)."(Tirmizi)

Hadhrat Abdullah Bin Umar (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates: "Verily, Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) made haraam liquor, gambling, the musical drum and the tambourine. And, every intoxicant is haraam." (Ahmad and Abu Dawood)

Hadhrat Ibn Abbaas (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Verily, Allah has made haraam liquor, gambling, the musical drum, and every intoxicant is haraam." (Ahmad, Abu Dawood, Baihqi, etc.)

Hadhrat Abu Hurairah (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Love for singing germinates hypocrisy in the heart just as water causes plants to grow."

Wasalaam,

UmmMaher

PropellerAds

baraka allahu feeki

Assalamu Alaikum, Check this link Umm Maher, it is a whole 9 pages of discussions and Fatwas regarding Singing and use of Musical instruments. You will find it very informative and interesting at the same time.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=33527.html&"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=33527.html&[/url]

Assalamu Alaikum.