Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crystal_sword

North Korea And More Missile Testing.

:sl: Dear Muslims

N Korea 'prepares missile launch'

North Korea is reportedly moving closer to launching another long-range missile, despite international concern.

South Korean media say the North has moved its most advanced missile to a new launch site on the west coast.

North Korea could fire the missile as early as 16 June, according to the Dong-a Ilbo and JoongAng Ilbo newspapers.

Other reports say there has been increased activity around military bases in the area and that troops have been ordered to increase their stocks of ammunition.
The international community is becoming increasingly concerned with North Korea's actions.

On 5 April, the North launched a long-range rocket which flew over Japan before crashing into the Pacific Ocean, drawing intense international criticism.

The hardline North, under President Kim Jong-il, has threatened military action against the South after Seoul's decision to join a US-led security initiative under which North Korean ships could be stopped and searched.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8076451.stm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8076451.stm[/url]

___

Interesting how this will play out, will the US, UK and Co. do anything?

Considering they invaded Iraq who could "Potentially attack the west within 45 minutes". Surely N. Korea should be no problem right? :sl:

PropellerAds

Salaams peeps,

I don't think North Korea has oil so I guess that means they're safe.

Peace

North Korea does not produce oil. You should pay attention to events there so as to avoid posting irrelevant and nonsensical comments.

Kim Jong II has used threats and intimidation before as a way to extort concessions from the West. One of those concessions is deliveries of fuel oil to his nation to avoid masses of people freezing to death during the brutally cold winters.

Salaams peeps,

North Korea does not produce oil. You should pay attention to events there so as to avoid posting irrelevant and nonsensical comments.

Was this aimed at me? I just said they don't have oil and you've simply repeated that. You should pay attention to what people are posting to avoid posting irrelevant and nonsensical comments.

Peace

Was this aimed at me? I just said they don't have oil and you've simply repeated that. You should pay attention to what people are posting to avoid posting irrelevant and nonsensical comments.

Your writing "they don't have oil", makes no sense. It makes even less sense in the context of a not too subtle conspiracy theory. As noted earlier, you should pay attention to what people are posting to avoid posting irrelevant and nonsensical comments.

Salaams peeps,

It would make perfect sense to anyone who knows of a not too subtle conspiracy theory. Oh hang on, it seems you do know of this theory. In the light of this, your writing, "'they don't have oil', makes no sense", makes even less sense. As noted earlier, you should pay attention to what people are posting to avoid posting irrelevant and nonsensical comments.

Peace

If you’re going to copy and paste my comments as your own, I’ll need to charge you a reasonable fee for my time and for your re-use.

Resigned, there is no need to be overly aggressive. We ask that all members treat one another in a cordial and respectful manner. There is also no need for anyone to reply to this reminder, please continue with the discussion at hand.

Salam.

Interesting how this will play out, will the US, UK and Co. do anything?

Considering they invaded Iraq who could "Potentially attack the west within 45 minutes". Surely N. Korea should be no problem right? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif)

You may wish to look at a map to confirm the geographic locations of Japan and China. Those two nations in particular are troubled by North Korean actions and they’re not typically labeled as “western†nations.

Japan has taken to deploying a missile defense system as a demonstration of their alarm at NK lobbing missiles into the ocean.

you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetmsnbc.msn(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/id/30035197/

Salaams peeps,

The question in the opening post was would the USA and its coalition of the willing be looking to invade N.Korea, considering weapons of mass destruction was the reason given for the invasion of Iraq. Japan's missile defense system does not denote an invasion.

You won't have to worry about charging me a fee, as thankfully I don’t use copy and paste when I re-use your words; I actually type it all up on my keyboard. Old fashioned, I know, but I am a sucker for the good-old days. Or perhaps, you could write something intelligent and envisioning, rendering it difficult and pointless for me to copy it and throw it back at you. Judging by your comments so far, it may take you an unreasonable amount of time for you to come up with something fitting this description. So I imagine this is a request too far? No matter, I can continue to school you of your light-mindedness by using your own words against you, but I’ll need to charge you a reasonable fee for my time and for your enlightenment.

Peace

:sl:

Brother Josh, I have already given Resigned a reminder to be respectful and I would ask the same of you.

:sl:

oh my word "Resigned". :sl:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_dictionary.reference(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/browse/sarcasm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_dictionary.reference(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/browse/sarcasm[/url]

Getting back to the issue of North Korea, North Korea is a totally different animal than Iraq. Any conflict with this obviously rogue nation has potential for a far greater loss of life than what we've seen so far in Iraq. The hope is that perhaps once Kim Jong-il a more stable, and less radical personality might come to power (i.e. someone we can actually deal with).

Hey Yank, long time no see.

Getting back to the issue of North Korea, North Korea is a totally different animal than Iraq. Any conflict with this obviously rogue nation has potential for a far greater loss of life than what we've seen so far in Iraq. The hope is that perhaps once Kim Jong-il a more stable, and less radical personality might come to power (i.e. someone we can actually deal with).

But that's the irony of it all isn't it?

Wasn't Iraq "Potentially" a much more deadly state when Saddam was in charge? What with all the WMD's that could be launched "within 45 minutes".

Surely N. Korea is small fish compared to what Iraq allegedly was?

But yes, of course, a war with North Korea would be far more deadly than with Iraq. Partly because it actually does have a massive arsenal, and not just accused of one. What with today's "technology" in the military, a war with North Korea would be far more devastating than it was in 1950-1953

crystal_sword, bare in mind that most Americans, my self included, have accepted the fact that we were basically duped into the Iraq War by Bush administration. There can be little doubt that his will be remembered as one of, if not the, worst of all time.

War with North Korea would bring destruction not only to their own nation, but also certainly to South Korea, and possibly even Japan and China.

crystal_sword, bare in mind that most Americans, my self included, have accepted the fact that we were basically duped into the Iraq War by Bush administration.

Indeed, but the worrying thing for me, despite knowing this, Bush was voted in for a second term.

Not to mention nearly half of the country voted for Bush II i.e. McCain.

Don't know what to really make of that.

I'm no military expert or anything, but if there was to be a war between N.Korea and the States+S.Korea. I agree both N.Korea and S.Korea would probably end up like Iraq and Afghanistan, that said, i dont think much would happen with China and Japan.

I really would not surprised if N. Korea launched missiles at Japan, but it would no where near enough to cause the major damage they would want.

As for China, no doubt their be against the US, but i dont see them helping N.Korea, considering the circumstances.

If North Korea starts the war then China will definitely not back them, as for the devastation, it could be far worse than Iraq and Afghanistan. The other thing is that North Korea is so completely willing to sacrifice anything and everything just to make a point.