Islamic Forum
Saaabz

Electric Piano?

Assalamualaikum dudes

Is playing the piano, the electric piano allowed in Islam? I've heard that we shouldn't play instruments that are played using strings, like guitar etc.. But what bout an electric piano?

Any advice'd be much appreciated :sl:

Shabeer

PropellerAds

Salam,

Wherever you read, its named as "Duf" that was played by the Arabs when the Prophet (PBUM) arrived and he didn't object it. When he came back from the Ghazwat, people played it. Please mention the source where the instruments played using strings are mentioned not to be allowed.

Salaam.

I agree with the sister above. Any other instrument is not allowed.

In fact music is so haram that some scholors have even considered the Duff forbiddon.

Wasalaam.

Btw wats with the dudes?

Cant sisters reply? lol

I was reading about this Muslim Boy band "seven8six" when I came across it. It says " Some Muslims believe that string and wind instruments are haram (unlawful) and should be forbidden. "

I can't post the link but it was on the BBC website.. mmm yeah probably not the best source hey ^^

Peace :sl:

Haha, I didn't mean it like that.. where I stay "dude" is used for girls and boys.. dude :sl:

Salams :sl:

i prefer "Dudette" actually...

lol

Salaam.

AA

what's the duff and is the eltroinc piano haram?

:sl:

Controversial issues like this one, are often discussed repeatedly between moderate and strict Muslims. To save our members' time and minimize the confusion, specially for those new to Islam, we have prepared a centralized topic, where you can read what scholars had to say about it. These issues should only be discussed each in its designated topic (some topics are prohibited to discuss in IF, and so you'll only be able to read what we have for you there).

Please click to see a list of our (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showforum=468"]topics on controversial issues[/url]. That list covers issues that members cannot discuss elsewhere in IF.