Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
umAhmad

Beautiful Islamic Quotes To Ponder Over.

Assalamu alaikum, I don't know if there might be another similar Topic on the forum, if there is I would request the Moderators to merge this with it, JazaakAllahu Khairan.

Recently my daughter UmEesaa started using this Quote with her emails. I love it, and would like to be one who would say something similar if I fall into some Calamity (Allah Forbid). Please add any Islamic quotes that you find you would like to implement in your life.

I saw a holy man on the seashore wounded by a tiger.

No medicine could relieve his pain; He suffered much,

but he nevertheless constantly thanked Allah , The Most High, saying:

"Praise be to Allah that I have fallen into a calamity and not into sin."

Assalamu Alaikum.

PropellerAds

:sl:

Masha'Allah. It shows that the pious among us are always able to see the blessings in everything. It is an admirable quality.

I was listening to a lecture about death by Sheikh Feiz and he mentioned that someone had set out once to ask many scholars what they would do if they knew that they would die the following day. The goal was to compile everything into a book so that the Muslims might benefit from it.

One scholar in particular (I forgot the name) gave a remarkable answer. He said something to the effect of 'If I knew that I would die tomorrow, there is nothing that I could change of my life in that last day. Because I already live every day as though it were my last."

Salaams peeps,

Sufyan al-Thawri defined the meaning of real asceticism by saying,

“It is for a man to be detached in respect of this world when he has wealth and not to desire it when he is poor.â€

Peace

Assalamu alaikum, here is one by Shaikh Sa'di.

A learned man who doesn’t restrain his passions is like a blind man holding a torch, he guides others but not himself.-Shaykh Sa’di

Salaams peeps,

Sari al-Saqati said,

“Time consists of only three days: yesterday, whose distress, hardship, and sorrow is gone and nothing of it remains; today, in which you are living and which will soon leave you; and tomorrow, of which you have expectations but which you may never see.â€

Peace

"O Allah, You know me better than I know myself, and I know myself better than these people who praise me. Make me better than what they think of me, and forgive those sins of mine of which they have no knowledge, and do not hold me responsible for what they say." Hadrat Abu Bakr Siddique (radi-Allahu-anhu)

Wa Alaykom Assalam Wa RahmatuAllahi Wa Barakatuh

“For instance, if a man ceases to take any concern in worldly matters, conceives a distaste for common pleaures, and appears sunk in depression, the doctor will say, “This is a case of melancholy, and requires such and such prescription. The physicist will say, “This is a dryness of the brain caused by hot weather and cannot be relieved till the air becomes moist.†The astrologer will attribute it to some particular conjunction or opposition of plantes. “Thus far their wisdom reaches,†says the Koran. It does not occur to them that what has really happened is this: that the Almighty has a concern for the welfare of that man, and has therefore commanded His servants, the planets or the elements, to produce such a condition in him that he may turn away from the world to his Maker.The knowledge of this fact is a lustrous pearl from the ocean of inspirational knowledge, to which all other forms of knowldge are as islands in the sea.â€

-The Alchemy of Happiness, Imam Al-Ghazali

Wasalaam,

UmmMaher

“What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, insepa­rable from me. For me, prison is a place of (religious) retreat; ex­ecution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel.â€

-Ibn Taymiyyah

Assalamu Alaikum,

Knowledge is not what is memorized.

Knowledge is what benefits.

- Imam Shafi'i

Assalamu Alaikum.

Salaam,

Show mercy to the weak and you will be happy; give to the needy and you will be well; do not bear grudge and you will be healthy

Be optimistic, for Allah is with you, and the angels are praying for forgivness for you, and paradise awaits you

Be like a tree with high aims; if a stone is thrown at it, it simply lets its fruits drop

Have you ever heard grief brings back what has been lost, or that worry corrects mistakes? So why grieve and worry then?

Allah says: "And if you were to count the blessings of Allah, you will never be able to count them." [using large font size is not allowed]Qur'an (14: 34)

"And whatever blessings and good you have, it is from Allah ..." [using large font size is not allowed]Qur'an (16: 53)

Jazakumuallah khair for this thread

Ease [yusr] and hardship ['usr] are the feathers that give strength to the wings of your faith [iman], so that your heart and your innermost being [sirr] can use them to fly to the door of your Lord (Almighty and Glorious is He).

- Shaykh 'Abd al-Qadir al-Jilani

[The Removal of Cares (Jala' al-Khawatir)]

Salam

It takes years to gain reputation, but seconds to lose it. So fear Allah and do not sin. Neither in secret nor in public. Verily the more you sin in secret the more the chances are that you would reveal / commit it in public - vishah

So what do you think?

While you are reading this sentence, thousands of chemicals react in your eyes. Each of them, much more complex then you can imagine.More complex then the screen you are gazing at. Of course a Hi-Tech company built your screen, then who built your eyes?

Assalamu Alaikum,

A bachelor once asked Imam-al-Ghazali, : Which should I choose: marriage or total devotion to God?,

"BOTH" he replied.

Salaam.