Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Laith

My Conversion Story

Hello, as I have said in the welcome section, my name is Michael, I am 15 years old, and about 4 months ago I converted to the beautiful lifestyle that is Islam, and this is my story.

In December>January, I had become very interested in Islam, as I had learned a bit more about it, and saw the beauty of total submission to the will of God. I was a hard practicing Catholic, and as I still do today, loved God very much. Unfortunately, the people I was going to church with did not have such a burning passion and love for God as I do, and unfortunately many children (not just Catholic) my age do not share such a beauty that I have come to know and love, and this was very upsetting to me. I love the Catholic Mass, as I find it beautiful, but what the Priests were preaching, the parishioners would not listen. I would hear my friends use God's name in vain, and sin as if they didn't understand the consequences. This gave me righteous anger, I was tired of it, I was tired of the Church separating, I was tired of parishioners not listening, I was tired of the lack of love and discipline!

Islam became very attractive.

I was helping my friend study for a German test, because I have studied and have become very good at speaking German. Anyway, as I was about to leave his house, he had a Qu'ran for some reason (he's an Atheist, and his parents aren't religious), and he was about to throw it out. I became very offended he would do that and I said "i'll take it if you don't want it." He let me take it home and I looked into it. I was shocked by the beauty, the truth, and the passion for God that I found in this book. I kept reading, and I was so enjoyed to see what love for God was found in this book. I had decided this is not just some Harosy as I had been taught, it was more.

I have a friend named Rameen of whom I just got a position in a band to play with. Him and his parents are God loving, practicing Muslims. They had beautiful pictures of Allah's (swt) many names, and beautiful prayer set ups and so on. I had began to ask questions about Islam, and the more I learned, the more I became compelled to convert.

I had finally had a breaking point with Christianity, with the lack of loving God, the lack of respect for someone who has given so much for us, when we aren't deserving at all. Although I had a huge problem: My family (especially my father) are hardcore Catholics. There was no way that I could tell them I converted to Islam, and still haven't to this day.

Although, I had believed that I wasn't going to be stopped by my family to convert in order to show my absolute love for God. I converted.

I haven't been to a Masjid yet, and so I don't think i'm officially a Muslim, but I have said the words (not in arabic though :[##][/##]), and I label myself as a Muslim and I try so hard to be as good as can be.

I run into many problem though, for example, I can't pray 5 times a day and unfortunately haven't been praying at all lately :sl:, and I need to get to that. I only know the Al-Fatihah by heart, and I need to study more. Muslim friends have been extremely generous as to donate to me a rug and two books on Islam. I am hoping for my first trip to the local Masjid this saturday, and I will talk to the Imam there.

This is my story, and my story continues day by day. I try to live my day the Muslim way. I listen to Sami Yusuf and jam out to Allahu and Al-Mu'allim as much as I can haha

Anyway, thank you for listening, and I hope that you guys can be a big step to me becoming more Muslim as the days pass.

Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar!!!

Michael (Laith is my Muslim name)

PropellerAds

:sl: Brother Laith,

Welcome back to Islam, I hope Allah SWT keeps you on the right path and gives you much success in this life and the here after. . Ameen!

:sl: :no: :j: :D :D :D :D

:sl:

SubhanAllah I'm really happy for you, brother! Islam is the righteous way of life and I pray that your love for our wonderful religion will grow as you get older.

Salaam

Truely inspiring. All the best and welcome.

Wassalam

:sl:

An amazing story, it was wonderful to read. subhanAllah you have embraced Islam at such a young age, i hope Allah SWT keeps you on the right path!

Salam wa alaikoum brother Laith, my brothers and sisters. I am very glad to hear that you have reverted to the religion of Allah the Almighty, and found that inner peace and happinness that we all long for. You are blessed because you have found it, and inshallah more will find the way inshallah. I wish you the best in your journey, because it's a beautiful one.

Salam wa alalikoum wa rahmatou Allah wa barakatouhou.

Assalamo alaikum

A very warm welcome to Islam. You have made the best decision one can ever make in a lifetime.

If you haven't say your shahada in Arabic yet, I suggest that you do it now. Here is a link that will help you say it in Arabic, as well as many video tutorials to help you in your first steps in the wonderful religion of Islam:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/show.php/showtopic/257749.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/show.php/showtopic/257749.html[/url]

PS. once you say your shahada, you officially become a Muslim. People prefer to say so in a Masjid in the presence of an imam, but this is not obligatory at all.

May Allah subhanahu wataala bless you and always guide you to the true path, and shower you with happiness in both worlds, ameen.

asslamo alaykom

how are you brother laith

i wish you are good all time

great story and congratulation for became muslim

realy you deserve it

and our brothers increase another young brother

nice to meet you our new brother

and wish from Allah to safe you from all evel

asslamo alaykom