Islamic Forum
eeps24

Missed Step Of Salah

asalamu alakuim

lets say you pray asr, and you did a extra rakah, but at the end of the prayer you forget to do the prosttration of forgetfullness..... then after maghrib you remember you forgot to do the prostration of forgetfullness for asr ....is asr still vaild or do i have to re-pray it again?

Edited by eeps24

PropellerAds

Assalamu Alaikum, Your Asr will not be Valid, you will have to make it up, but you will not get sin for forgetting Sajda Sahw (prostration of forgetfulness).

I have checked this with a Mufti.

Assalamu Alaikum.

Hi UmAhmed,

Can you get the source of evidence regarding this please? I am only saying that because I know different and I just asked two of my scholar teachers and they confirmed that the extra rakaa by mistake even without sajdat sahw does not invalidate the prayer. We can all learn here. :sl:

Wassalam

Assalamu Alaikum, InshaAllah I will post as soon as I can get in touch of the Mufti and confirm with him, which might be a day or so.

Salaam.

Assalamu Alaikum brother Sampharo, I checked with the Mufti, his name is Abu Zaid Uthman Bin Mahmood, he said that the answer is based on Hanafi Fiqh. If the person did not remember that he had to make Sajda Sahw, then it would'nt matter, but because of the fact that he remembered he should remake his Salaat. If you want to get in touch with him you can go to the link below and contact him.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetquranicsciences(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/uf/ScholarPage.asp?visitormonid=367280"]Ask The Scholar:[/url]

Assalamu Alaikum.

No need for the Mufti's website, I was asking about the source and evidence.

Based on my teachers and what I know, and what I would advise brother eeps with is that he can face the Qiblah on wudu and go down to make sajdatay al-sahw, that's all. They said the rule is based on authenticated hadith sahih:

وحديث ابن مسعود - رضي الله عنه - أن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم صلى بهم الظهر خمساً فلما انصرف قيل له أزيد في الصلاة ؟ قال: ( وما ذاك ))؟ قالوا : صليت خمساً . فثنى رجليه واستقبل القبلة ، وسجد سجدتين (رواه الجماعة)

From Ibn Masood -ra- that the prophet -pbuh- prayed five rakaas for Dhuhr and when he finished completely they asked him whether there was new addition to prayer? He said: "What are you talking about?" They said: "You prayed five rakaas" So he turned to Qibla and went down for two sajdas" Narrated by Jamaa

So if one prays extra and forgets the sahw sajdah, he can do it later on. That's why I asked for evidence for us to learn what is the opinion based on. It is important to know to understand Fiqh methodology and the correctness of the opinion, that's all.