Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Laith

I Need Help Understanding

Okay, for a long time I have supported israel for one reason and one reason alone: Yasir Arafat. I am an immigrant from Germany to the United States, and hold much anger from the Munich 1972 Olympics when Yasir Arafat and the PLO killed innocent israelis. My friend from Lebanon (who is actually Catholic, I used to go to Church with him when I was a Catholic) has told me of the mistreatment of Palestinian muslims, and how it relates much how Hitler and the Nazis terrorized Jews. I want to support Palestine, but it becomes very hard when Palestinians shout "back in the oven!" and use the same propaganda against the Jews. Many Palestinians I know support Arafat and the rants about the Jewish people.

I'm a lover, not a fighter, nor do I believe that these hateful acts by the PLO and Hamas are at all in line with Islam. I'm afraid of supporting israel, because I know that is Zionist, and against what Islam teaches, but i'm afraid of supporting Palestine, for many of the Palestine supporters I know:

1. Support Arafat and Hamas

2. Hate religion

3. Support Abortion

4. are Atheists or Agnostics

5. Hate freedom

I bring up "abortion" because that is total Haram, and I don't know many Palestine supporters who recognize that, but enjoy the "freedom" of such a disgusting act. I don't want to support Palestine with such a foundation!

Where do I turn? I am NOTNOTNOT a Zionist, nor will I ever support that EVIL, but I don't know how to support Palestine with people who seem to me as no better as the Zionists (I am NOT saying people who support Palestine are like the Zionists, I am saying that many of the people that support Palestine that I know personally are no better than them

I come in peace

Asalaam Alyai'kum!

PropellerAds

salam

you should make a difference between those supporters of Palestine and the Muslim and Christian Population of Palestine who suffer from a very severe apartheid and ethnic cleansing.

salam

you should make a difference between those supporters of Palestine and the Muslim and Christian Population of Palestine who suffer from a very severe apartheid and ethnic cleansing.

That simple answer is what I needed. Salam brother, and thank you.

salam

you as German should know more than anyone else how generalizations feel, because ignorant people easily attack Germans for what the NS-Regime did several decades ago. Everytime, people know a German they ask him if he likes Hitler or not. There are many stereotypes against Germans and in TV Germans are sometimes show in a bad light. Do all Germans behave in the same manner? If all were the same there would be one political party, but the Social-Democrats are different from the Christian Democrats and the Greens are even much more different. If you study marketing you may learn that the market have 9 segments. The marketing person determines what kind of product they produce if they sell it to a certain group of people.

In Marketing Germans are categorized into classes/social status upper class, middle class, lower class. Some people are more oriented towards tradition, but other prefer materialistic or modern aspect. Some like a combination of tradition and modernism. See even the people in Germany are different. The Germans originially were various tribes such as Alemannen, Harkomannen, and other and they have different mentalities even today. Do you think that Germans in Bremen have the same mentality as Germans in Munich or Dortmund?

You should learn from your own country how people are different from each other. They are not programmed like robots to do all the same.

The Qur'an and Hadith describe us how human beings were created. It is also explained why human beings are different. Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala took dust from different parts of the earth. The earth had different colors so that human beings came out in different colors and races. The earth was taken from fertile land and other from infertile land and some are taken from mountains other from valleys etc. The human being came out with different qualities. Some are introverted others are hyper-active and again others have a different nature. This is part of the creation. Therefore, we should judge the individual for what he does, not what others does and we should not judge an entire nation for what an individual or a group of individuals do.

Once a man was bitten by an ant, so he burned the ants. The prophet told him why he kills all the ants because one ant bit him.

Every individual should be treated as individual. Every individual human being is responsible for his own actions. If an individual from Pakistan kills me, then this individual is the killer not Pakistan. If my teacher is incompetent then I should not judge that all the teachers in school are incompetent. If a person with beard is aggressive toward me then I don't conclude from this that all men with beard are aggressive.

No second person should be come the scapegoat for the faults of an individual.

Does Joschka Fischer have the same mentality as Helmut Kohl?

Edited by Yusha

salam

Another general reminder:

Supporters can be hypocrites. In Madinah there were many who supported the Muhajireen (the sahaba who migrated from Makkah to Madinah). However, there were hypocrites among those who supported them, but there is a difference between Ansar (Helpers) and just supporters. Someone can support me just for an underlying purpose and for his own benefit. Some give support verbally but not in action. Words are cheap, but doing it is expensive.

When you read the story of the Prophet then you see who the supporters behave in times of difficulties. The hypocrites were hidden among the Real Helpers, but when there is a difficult situation then their hypocrisy was exposed. True supporters are those who support you in times of ease and in times of hardship. They support you when the sun is shining, but also when a thunderstorm approaches. The Fake Supporter are there when you are in ease, but when there is a problem they hide. Fake supporters are load in there speech in times of peace and security, but in times of hardship and conflict they leave you alone and are mute.

The fight between Zionists and Palestinians is not about land, but about human and religious freedom and peace. Muslims don't fight over land. However, a person has the right to defend his property such as home etc. and if someone defends his house and family and then is killed thereby, then it is a form of martyrdom.

The conflict is not a family war between Children of Isaac and Children of Ishmael or similar.

Edited by Yusha

Thank you Yusha, the German part touched me. I know where I stand now. Thank you brother, you've truly guided me to supporting the innocent Muslims, Christians, and even Jews being attacked by the terrorist state of israel.

I shouldn't generalize, and i'm heartily sorry for doing so. Thank you once again, salam.

2. Hate religion

3. Support Abortion

5. Hate freedom

1- Arafat and Hamas are defending their lands , same as what would u do if some strangers would come to attack your land , your house and your wife.

2- We Believe in All religions and all prophets , Our problem is with Zionists not the israilain religion , we have been living with Christians in Palestine for thousands of years without even one hate action , so Palestine is land for all religion .

3- It is Haram in Islam , It is prohibited by the Palestinian law , anyone abort or participate in abortion will go to jail for long period in Palestine .

4- 95% of Palestinians are Sunni Muslims , 5 % are Christians , we don't have any athiests , if there would be some very few then they wouldn't do that on public . Maybe you meet with wrong Palestinian or fake ones . you cannot judge Palestinians by the acts of some minority.

5- we love freedom and fighting for it since 1948 , we are people who love life and want to be enjoy it . but if u mean by saying freedom ( walking naked ) in the street then I don't like freedom , we have our own traditions here . IF you want to go to humiliate cows in India , then this is not freedom !

salam

2. Hate religion

3. Support Abortion

5. Hate freedom

1- Arafat and Hamas are defending their lands , same as what would u do if some strangers would come to attack your land , your house and your wife.

2- We Believe in All religions and all prophets , Our problem is with Zionists not the israilain religion , we have been living with Christians in Palestine for thousands of years without even one hate action , so Palestine is land for all religion .

3- It is Haram in Islam , It is prohibited by the Palestinian law , anyone abort or participate in abortion will go to jail for long period in Palestine .

4- 95% of Palestinians are Sunni Muslims , 5 % are Christians , we don't have any athiests , if there would be some very few then they wouldn't do that on public . Maybe you meet with wrong Palestinian or fake ones . you cannot judge Palestinians by the acts of some minority.

5- we love freedom and fighting for it since 1948 , we are people who love life and want to be enjoy it . but if u mean by saying freedom ( walking naked ) in the street then I don't like freedom , we have our own traditions here . IF you want to go to humiliate cows in India , then this is not freedom !

salam

Salaam brother Proud to be a muslim (as i'm proud to be a muslim too :sl:)

I understand your point.

Though with 1- Arafat killed innocents (1972 Olympics) and hamas keeps killing innocents today. I understand that it is like a 3-1 Palestinian to israeli ratio, but does killing them unjustly because they killed you unjustly correct?

I know that any true Muslim who supports Palestine do not believe in these Ideals, but I'm talking about the others who do support Palestine that DO believe in these ideals, which is why it is extremely hard for me to agree with them. I don't wish to fight side by side with Atheists, haters of Islam, aborters, or people who believe that freedom is spitting God in the face and not obeying Sharia, and this is what I mean by "hate freedom"

Wasalaam