Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Grants1

"islamic Idol"

Islamic Talent Show  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Will there ever be an Islamic Idol?

• Yes, this could happen and I would love to see this
    • Yes, it could happen but I wouldn't care anyways
    • No, This wouldn't happen and I would not want to see something like this
    • No, I don't think this would happen but I would like to see this.
    • There would be no way for this to conform to the teachings of Islam

PropellerAds

there might be....

but could such a show please everyone?

there are Muslim jurists who rule that musical instruments of any kind, and women singing in public, are both haram. that leaves out most instruments as well as muslima performers.

you'd also probably have less conservative Muslims protesting those rules, and asking for guitars and female performers to be allowed. also, if stand-up comedy were allowed, there would be restrictions as to what kind of content is ok humor-wise, and what can and can't be joked about.

then there would be Muslim who'd oppose the whole idea, and say so.

it may happen, but i don't see it happening in a way that would make everyone happy, or be resolved quickly.

I agree with this. Now I also wonder though, although this isn't what the pole was meant to refer to, would a large talent show be allowed if it showed talents other than singing and the use of instruments?

i think it really depends. in all likelihood, i see one conservative talent show forming (sans things like guitars, potentially risqué humor, and women singers), with a number of less conservative shows also being created and aired in protest.

a more conservative show *could* attract a lot of contestants, and viewers, and be popular with non-Muslims interested in Islamic culture and arts. talents such as Quran-recitation, nasheed-singing, and percussion performances would probably be the top performance varieties.

Peace

Dear sister in humanity, Mariam Masihi :sl:

It would not be an _islamic_ talent or _islamic_ idol, if there would be musical instruments, girls etc. Because those things are simply prophibited in Islam. :sl:

But I think there could be another kind of "Islamic talent" just like you said, nasheed singing etc. And for me, the best one would be that kind of talent show where people are being tested of their knowledge in Islam, especially in sunnah lifestyle. It would be great to see a knowledgeable brother or sister winning. :no: And this would also motivate people to study more about Islam. InshaaAllah.

Peace

Safiyyah

Peace

Dear sister in humanity, Mariam Masihi :sl:

It would not be an _islamic_ talent or _islamic_ idol, if there would be musical instruments, girls etc. Because those things are simply prophibited in Islam. :sl:

But I think there could be another kind of "Islamic talent" just like you said, nasheed singing etc. And for me, the best one would be that kind of talent show where people are being tested of their knowledge in Islam, especially in sunnah lifestyle. It would be great to see a knowledgeable brother or sister winning. :no: And this would also motivate people to study more about Islam. InshaaAllah.

Peace

Safiyyah

Also in memorizing and reciting Quran .

:sl:

No, I think it would be too much fitna...

:sl:

As Muslims, we believe the name of our faith, Islam, was chosen for us by Allah :sl:. This name is sacred and of utmost importance to us. Thus, for the name to come together with words such as 'idol' or 'talent' is totally inappropriate. At best, this is belittling our faith, at worst this is degrading.

Our faith's name in vain should not be used in vain.

the purpose of this life is worshiping Allah.such things will help waste time of our precious lives.

i would rather recite Quran to please Allah than for a show.