Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Proud To Be Muslim

What Happened To This Forum ?

Assalam alykom

I hope that the moderators will be open minded enough to accept my suggestion :

Right now , at this moment , only 6 members are visiting the Forum , and yesterday the same and so on , I think there should be something done to activate it , you write a new topic and you get a reply after weeks , no one is coming inside the forum anymore , I think there should be re-newing of the general form of the forum , the colours , and so on

IF you can open new sections which concerns the members .

IF you can send automatic e-mails to the members remind them to visit the Forum

thanks you

PropellerAds

:sl:

Good idea, as i think the forum is dyeing. Something should be done to rejunevate the forum.

I think a personal email to all the members would get some traffic.

:sl:

Assalamu alaikum, here are members coming and going, I think saying the forum is dying is not the right way to put it. It miht be slow, but far from death. InshaAllah it will pick up. Each one of us will have to put the effort and o wha we can, there was a time when the forum was over active, but then members started moving out for whatever reason. Some opened their own Forums and are busy wth them, while others gor married and got busy with their lives.

I know for a fact that quite a few left becaust they thought there were too many restrictions and the forum rules were too harsh, I don't agree with that, the Forum rules are keeping the Forum from getting out of hand.

I personally think that Quality more than quantity counts, and at a given time you can see there are so many guests, alhamdulillah, if the regulars are not coming amd there are more guests,then we have enough topics that are keeping the Guests busy reading, if they are uneasy to register but want to benefit from what is available, then so be it.

Those of us that are here should keep the work going and inshaAllah with time things will slowly change.

Salaams.

I disagree. Too many rules and regulations and people go. Islam should be easy and without restrictions. Look to each case individually.

Assalamo Alaykom

I agree with sister Sara. It confuses people to have so many rules. And personally I find it weird that talk on jihad is not allowed on an Islamic forum, and I have considered leaving the forum because of this very reason. Jihad is a part of Islam. :sl:

And also, brother Proud to be muslim is right, I think that e-mails being sent to everyone would make the forum a little more alive than what it is at the moment. :sl:

Peace!

Wasalaam,

Safiyyah

Thank you sister. I too have already wrote to the Global Mod and the Admin with my intention to leave the forum over the jihad issue. I thought I would give it another chance but with more threads being closed over an issue of very importance to the Muslims I have decided to delete my email preferences. I will be posting hardly at all and will probably leave the forum.

I have enough problems in my life being a poor widow and moderating 4 other forums that I want to have peace in my life. Old American Saying. "Too many hands in the pot and no food to serve."

I want to thank alot of the wonderful people here who were extremely kind to me like Um Ahmad and you Sis Maher. I am sure Kitty Kat is extremely Happy, but I feel Islam should be more open minded and less threatening.

I think a newsletter would help your members be reminded of this and would give some of the mods more subjects to think about.

Sometimes we are so careful in protecting everyone that before long there are more mods then members and there is no need to protect them as they are all gone.

Sister Sara

PS: note that I do not have 200 post but indeed I have a right to post.

Assalamu alaikum, Safiyyah, beti think about it, Jihad is one subject, there are many other important day to day issues need to be catered to and talked about. You don't need to leave becase of one issue, make yourself busy in other ones, as long as even one person finds something useful because of us inshaAllah our aakhira is made.

About sending emails and or Pms, yes and there are people who have sugested and I am sure they are sending Pms to the members they know. I have sent my share of them to different members.

Sister Sara, I know it must be hard for you to moderate 4 forums, and my heart goes out to you, leaving aside the Jihad Thread, you can't believe how much your other threads have helped me, do you not consider that help important at all? I feel that it was very important, and you can see from the replies you got.

I would have left the forum a long time ago if I took things to heart, but I see there is so much I am learning here and there is so much help I can give here to the young ones boys and girls both, that any small problem that has arised any time I put it behind me or worked it out with the team and looked at the small opportunities where I can help my fellow Muslims as well as Non Muslims. TRULY I SEE THAT I BENIFITTING MORE THAN HELPING OTHERS.

I know brother dot has thought a lot before making all those rules and time and again he checks them out and cancels some of them and adds new ones, if there is any issue you special think you wanted added or substracted any member can PM. and suggest it to him.

InshaAllah we will all do what is right.

Assalamu alaikum.

salam alykom

lets be reasonable , the forum is not active anymore m you should do something , that 's all the story.

i also cut down my posting here because of the restrictions, there seems much that is simply not allowed to be discussed. Yet at the same time i have been attacked here more than most others - indeed, "kitty kat" left some of his doings yet again in my inbox, how sweet of him, and posters such as him are extemely annoying.

it is hard to see a balance.