Islamic Forum
Grants1

Please Explain This Part In The Quran

With respect to you all, these following verses in the Quran are a few picked out from a web site that was trying to prove that Muslims condone homosexuality on young boys. At first glance I do not get that feeling but then I was not to sure.

The Quran I own, even though I know you can read the other translations online is the one translated by M.H. Shakir. I am not sure how highly regard that translation is so if anyone would like to comment about it I would appreciate that.

I offer you 3 English translations that I have read. All seem to give off a bit of a different tone to me.

Can somebody please teach me what is actually behind these quotes?

The quotations on the web site were altered to make it sound a little worse so I do not hold to that web site so I am not going to ask about the rest they posted on this subject but this is bothering me deeply.

Yusuf Ali

22. And We shall bestow on them, of fruit and meat, anything they shall desire.

23. They shall there exchange, one with another, a (loving) cup free of frivolity, free of all taint of ill.

24. Round about them will serve, (devoted) to them. Youths (handsome) as Pearls well-guarded.

25. They will advance to each other, engaging in mutual enquiry.

Pickthall

22. And We provide them with fruit and meat such as they desire.

23. There they pass from hand to hand a cup wherein is neither vanity nor cause of sin.

24. And there go round, waiting on them menservants of their own, as they were hidden pearls.

25. And some of them draw near unto others, questioning,

M.H. Shakir

22. And We will aid them with fruit and flesh such as they desire.

23. They shall pass therein from one to another a cup wherein there shall be nothing vain nor any sin.

24. And round them shall go boys of theirs as if they were hidden pearls.

25. And some of them shall advance towards others questioning each other.

PropellerAds

Grants1 Hi, Im not going to answer the question directly but their are reputable books of commentry and explanation that might help you with not only these verses but all verses. I dont want to give any websites because they could be corrupt. Except this one Islam-qa , I love this site and recommend it for people with inquiries.

http: //you are not allowed to post links yet Islam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/en/ref/43191/ young%20boys

Ok well I'm sorry it wasn't as hard as I thought to find the answer I actually searched on this site but overlooked it.

Ok so here's what I still don't understand about these boys...

The verse in Soorat al-Insaan, where Allaah describes them as (interpretation of the meaning):

“If you see them, you would think them scattered pearlsâ€

[al-Insaan 76:19]

means, if you saw them as they go about tending to their masters’ needs, because there are so many of them, their faces are so bright and their colours and their garments are so beautiful, you would think that they were scattered pearls. There can be no more beautiful comparison or more beautiful scene than pearls scattered in a place of beauty.

but then what exactly are his masters needs? I mean is it just food is it sexual or something?

Also, this brings another question to mind. If you were in paradise why would you NEED anything at all. Why would you need food in paradise? why would you need anything? If you can't take anything when you die and nothing more matters why would you even bother desiring anything?

First of all, I want to tell you that Islam is a scholarly religion with a sound tradition. Islam isn't just the Qur'an, or a translation of the Qur'an. Now, during the span of all Islamic scholarly history nobody has interpreted those verses to mean that homosexual acts, or worse yet, homosexual acts with young boys are allowed.

The only type of sex that is allowed in Islam is the following:

Who abstain from sex,

Except with those joined to them in the marriage bond, or (the captives) whom their right hands possess,- for (in their case) they are free from blame,

But those whose desires exceed those limits are transgressors;- (23:5-7)

The only type of people a man is allowed to have sex with is either his wife, or wives if he is married to more than one, or his concubines. A woman is allowed to have only with her husband.

Furthermore, people who commit homosexual acts are known in Islam as Qawm Lut which literally means the people of Lot(pbuh), the people of Sodom who were destroyed by God because they used to go into males

Do you approach the males of humanity, leaving the wives Allah has created for you? But you are a people who transgress.� (26:165-66)

Seriously, homosexual acts are an enormous sin and it is punishable under Islamic Law. The punishment is death if there is sexual penetration and other homosexual besides sodomy are punished by flogging.

I might add that anal sex is not permitted in Islam, be it with a woman or a man.

The handsome youths who are servants in Paradise are there to bring the Believers food and drink. The verses don't deal with the life on this Earth, and even in Paradise there is no sexual contact between the servants and the Believers.

Salaam

Just to add a point, that is don't get to fixated on the word "needs", remember it is a translation and more accurate would be wish, desires, as you say in paradise there will be no need to eat but we may desire to eat because of the great pleasure.

Wassalam

Connecting afterlife with rules of this life has no sence. For example wine will be alowed in Jannah and now it is not allowed. But that wine in Jannah will not be like wine on this world. If we say why there will be something that looks like any biological need like food, sleep etc. than we could also ask ourselves what would believeers in Jannah do - just sit and do nothing or just talk. We can't understand anything what will be in afterlife because noone has come back from there to tell us what is happening nor some things have happened yet. One of the most worthy gifts from Allah in Jannah is gift for belieevers who will be able to see Him, but that is only for one group of belieevers and even for them that will not last forever.

Everyone will be beautiful in Jannah, in tehir middle age. Servants will just serve and nothing else. There will also be huriyyah in Jannah, but all that taste has nothig with what we think it will be. First of all, we have to take care not to end in Jahannam.

Some Islamic scholars say that people who have died as children in age when is no obligation under them will be servants in Jannah

Salam

The Servants are not humans, but a special creation in Paradise who serve the residents of Paradise as waiters.

With respect to you all, these following verses in the Quran are a few picked out from a web site that was trying to prove that Muslims condone homosexuality on young boys. At first glance I do not get that feeling but then I was not to sure.

Salam,

I would like to quote for you Muhammed Asad translation also for the verses that you quoted.

(52:22) And We shall bestow on them fruit and meat in abundance - whatever they may desire: (51:23) and in that [paradise] they shall pass on to one another a cup which will not give rise to empty talk, and neither incite to sin.11 (52:24) And they will be waited upon by [immortal] youths,12 [as if they were children] of their own,13 [as pure] as if they were pearls hidden in their shells.

In his commentary he mentions as following;

"This is evidently a symbolic allusion to the imperishable quality - the eternal youthfulness"

Now please refer to some others verses in the Quran which is related to the topic.

“Would ye really approach men in your lusts rather than Women? Nay, ye are a people (grossly) ignorant! (27:55)

“Of all the creatures in the world will ye approach males! "And leave those whom Allah has created for you to be your mates? Nay ye are a people transgressing (all limits)!" - Quran 26:165-166

We also (sent) Lut: he said to his people: "Do ye commit lewdness such as no people in creation (ever) committed before you "For ye practice your lusts on men in preference to women: ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds." - Quran 7:80-81

The following was the punishment given to the Lut people for this wrong doing;

“When Our decree issued We turned (the cities) upside down and rained down on them brimstones hard as baked clay spread layer on layer Marked as from thy Lord: nor are they ever far from those who do wrong! - Quran 11:82-83

How can Quran which speaks with such strong words against homosexuality condone the same! Here the problem is that some people analyzing things with a prejudiced mind. How can we compare the description of boys having perpetual freshness serving food like scattered pearls in heaven as something which promote Homosexualism? Even in the present world, when important dignitaries are arrived for any function kids lining up with flowers and bouquet to receive them? Only people with a Homosexuals mentality can interpret the same in another way.

I want to also quote for you one more verse from the Quran which explains the state of mind of the people which is relevant to the topic under discussion. Quran chapter 15 verse 45-48.

(15:45) VERILY, those who are conscious of God [shall find themselves in the hereafter] amidst gardens and springs, (15:46) [having been received with the greeting,] "Enter here in peace, secure!" (15:47) And [by then] We shall have removed whatever unworthy thoughts or feelings may have been [lingering] in their breasts, [and they shall rest] as brethren, facing one another [in love] upon thrones of happiness.34 (48) No weariness shall ever touch them in this [state of bliss], and never shall they have to forgo it

wassalam

Selamun Aleykum

The purpose of the sexual relation is basicly ensuring the new genaration, to keep line growing. For every kind of living beeings the pleasure of relation is a kind of encouragement and price may be.This is valid for human beeings also. A muslim have to take care this rule and must control his/her feelings for sex, the marriage is important for this reason, we should not allow the sexual instict to get us under controll, and cause illegal relations( homosexually or without marriage etc). So, in Paradise there is no need for create new genarations which means there is no need sexual relations.Also heaven is the place where all good things are in, there isn't any room for any bad things ( including physical appareance).The guys annd girls must have an appareance that is worthy of Paradise.

Also we need foods here in the world to stay alive. This is one reason, but if you think that why we are eating a lot of things, you can easily realise that to feel their tastes. We eat a lot of thinks to get pleasure ( candies, fruits, deserts, drinks, etc.) not for nutrations. This will continue in the paradise, the foods are just like the foods in this world but not the same.İn paradise there is no need urinary apparatus, because eating will be just for enjoying.

Selam, ı want to add the related part of the book Risale-i Nur ;

QUESTION: If a body is living, its parts are constantly being formed and dissolved; it is doomed to extinction and cannot be eternal. And eating and drinking are for the perpetuation of the individual, and sexual relations are for the perpetuation of the species. These are fundamental to this world, but there is no need for them in the world of eternity and hereafter. So why have they taken their place as the greatest pleasures of Paradise?

THE ANSWER: Firstly, the bodies of living creatures being doomed to extinction and death in this world arises from an imbalance in what is taken in and what is expended. From childhood until maturity much is taken in, and after this what is expended increases; the balance is spoilt, and so the body dies. In the world of eternity, however, the particles of the body remain constant and are not subject to formation and dissolution, or else the balance remains constant. [in this world, the bodies of humans and animals are like guest-houses, barracks, and schools for particles. The lifeless particles enter them and acquire worthiness to be particles for the everlasting realm, which is living and they then leave them. In the hereafter, however, according to the verse, The Abode of the Hereafter, that is life indeed, the light of life is general. There is no necessity for that travelling, drill, and instruction in order to be illuminated. Particles will remain constant as old timers.] Like a closed circle or perpetual motion, the body of the living creature becomes eternal together with the functioning of the machine of bodily life for pleasure. Although in this world eating and drinking and sexual relations arise from need and perform a function, various delights and pleasures have been left within them as an immediate wage for the duty performed, which are superior to other pleasures. Since in this abode of sorrows eating and sexual relations are the means to this many wonderful and various pleasures, for sure, in Paradise, which is the abode of pleasure and bliss, those pleasures will take on a most exalted form, and adding to them as pleasure the recompense of the duties pertaining to the hereafter performed here and adding also the worldly need in the form of an agreeable, otherworldly appetite, they will become an all-embracing, living source of pleasure worthy of Paradise and suitable to eternity. Indeed, according to the meaning of the verse,

And what is the life of this world but amusement and play? But indeed the Abode of the Hereafter, that is life indeed,

substances, matters, which are inanimate, and without consciousness and life in the abode of this world, there, are living and conscious. Like human beings and animals here, the trees and stones there will understand commands and carry them out. If you tell a tree to bring you such-and-such a fruit, it will bring it. And if you tell such-and-such a stone to come, it will come. Since stones and trees will take on an elevated form to this degree, it surely necessitates that, together with preserving their bodily realities, eating, drinking, and sexual relations also will take on a form higher than their worldly form, higher to the degree that Paradise is higher than this world

( 28th word)

Grants1, first of all you need to know that every verse in Holy Qur'an, which is revealed to Prophet Mohammad s.a.w.w. and then passed on to Muslims, was revealed on some special occassion, these may be authoritative, good news, directive, warnings, sympathy, for keep steadfast in your faith, informing about Munafiqs (hypocrites) or exposing the intentions of enemy of Islam.

So when you at random pick-up a verse from the Glorious Qur'an, and when you don't know the back ground story and why this verse was revelaed, you would naturally be confused.

Grants1, first of all you need to know that every verse in Holy Qur'an, which is revealed to Prophet Mohammad s.a.w.w. and then passed on to Muslims, was revealed on some special occassion, these may be authoritative, good news, directive, warnings, sympathy, for keep steadfast in your faith, informing about Munafiqs (hypocrites) or exposing the intentions of enemy of Islam.

So when you at random pick-up a verse from the Glorious Qur'an, and when you don't know the back ground story and why this verse was revelaed, you would naturally be confused.