Islamic Forum
php

Karate/martial Art In Islam

karate/martial art : what does Islam say about it?

Salaam.

I dont really know much about this but i was talking to my sister and she said its allowed for self defence purposes or for fitness but not if you have got the intention to knock someone out lol

i agree with u. one thing i can tell is, if u learn martial art, u must have to become furious. without that, u are gonna knocked down.

Salam

Martial arts are good for your health, but I would not choose boxing because hitting the face is not allowed in Islam.

Salaam i would say the same thing, if you are going to get hurt by the opponent then its not allowed because you are putting yourself in danger, and your body is from Allah swt, he wants it back just as he gave it you, so he doesnt want it back with a broken nose because you decided to do some boxing,, i havent got a clue how aggressive or violent martial arts are, but if they make you menatally or physically stronger than i dont see anything wrong with it

wsalaam,

assalamu alaikum

you can say that martial art means danger. you have to fight there. the fighting rules vary across martial arts.

definitely martial art makes one stronger if oneself isn't hurt. my teacher told us that , as u get hurt, u become stronger.

:sl:

learning such arts is sunnah, as the prophet (saw) use to advocate wrestling. Allah knows best.

thank you for your help