Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
zebanoor

Youtube 'hijab Not Islamic But Cultural'

Salaam brothers and sisters,

I have come across a video about hijab on youtube claiming it is cultural rather than Islam, after reading the comments i was suprised to see alsot of people agreeing with this video, even muslims themselves, i think the video was actualy made buy a muslim. i dont know if i will be able to post the link, but if you youtube'Hijab not Islamic but cultural' then you will be able to see it.

I dont know why but i got very angry whilst watching this, it is sending out the wrong message of Islam and misinterpreting the Quran. It said the hijab was for the prophets SAW household ladies only because they wernt ordinary women thats why the rules for them where different thant ordinary women.

Is this video jus someone sending out false information? It would be great if someone who had more knowledge then me was to have a look at this video and was to give thier opinion.

wasalaam

Is this video jus someone sending out false information?

:sl:

Yes. There are a lot of misguided people out there. May Allah have mercy on them for wronging not only themselves, but others with their deviant beliefs. I would suggest that you don't get involved in such things, they'll only cause you to feel troubled.

I personally did not look up the video because I know that viewing such things will disturb me greatly and there isn't any benefit to it for me.

salam

Yes, hijab is a cultural thing. And it is Islamic Culture which is obligatory for the women according to sharee'ah.

How the hijab is worn can be different. Some cultures perfer black only others have more colors and others have burkas while other cultures predominantly have chadors. However, covering the awrah is obligatory by Islamic Sharee'ah.

Assalamu alaikum, I have'nt seen the video but can tell you that there are many well known people out there among them the most prominent one that I know is Queen Rania of Jordan who said on some television Talk Show that Hijaab is a cultural thing and not a requirement of he Deen of Islam. If hese are he spokespersons of Islam, then what can we expect.

May Allah keep us on the Right Path and keep us steadfast on Deen. Keep up the good work, Yusha, Redeem and zebanoor and all the other brothers and sisters and don't forget to make duaa for Ummah.

Assalamualaikum.

:sl:

Hijab is fard / obligatory, as stated in the Quran and sunnah. I agree with sister umAhmad, that these days many known people speak against the hijab, in the media tv and press, specially in Arab countries whose dictators are afraid of Islam and shariaa, because it exposes them, and instead, they befriends the USA, who supports their seats against the will of their people. But hardly any of those are knowledgeable scholars of Islam. Queens are not scholars, specially those who dress unislamicly, we shouldn't listen to those who misguide people and those who try to 'westernize' Islam. They will have to stand before Allah in judgment day.

Hijab is a well established fard, according to the Quran, sunnah, and all the good scholars of Islam. and no matter how hard the ignorant and the politically corrupt try, the majority of Muslim sisters around the world are holding tight to it, alhamdo l'Ellah.

Salaam thankyou for your reponse, I didnt realise there where so many misguided people and haters out there, i am going to be very careful especialy on the internet because anyone can put a article up and claim it is Islamicaly correct.

My mum said, towards the end it will be the muslims misguiding thier own people, I guess she is right.

Wasalaam