Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Grants1

Socialized Healthcare

:sl: Dear Muslims

Well in Britain, the NHS is a form of Socialized health care.

Good thing is that it is free here, only bad thing is the insane Waiting times. The NHS Spending is always coming under scrutiny.

Alhamdulillah my Brother is a doctor, and says their always cutting coses due to lack of funding, but at the same time, are desperately short of doctors.

The fact that many Doctors are leaving the country for more flexible work times and better pay doesn't help either.

Salaam,

i was doing nursing last year but i left the course mainly because my placement hours where ridicilous and i found nursing wasnt for me. too much work and little pay, The NHS does work. B

ut... Lately i had to pay for my medicine from the pharmacy costing me £21, and this is alot especialy if i have to keep on going back to get repeat prescriptions, Its not free for me i am over 18 but in fulltime education, i still got told i had to pay. I got a HC1 form now to help me with my expences. I think rules shoulds be changed especialy for students in higher education like University who are really tight on money,

i cant help but think the jobless people on jobseekers allowance, what contribution do they pay to the NHS, nothing? because i know some lazy people who claim they are looking for a job but getting free money sitting on their backside. Sorry if i have gone off topic abit

Wasalaam

Salaam

Sometimes I think we do not appreciate how good we have it here in the UK compared to elsewhere. I would suggest reading or watching sicko movie which looks at health cars system in USA and its problems.

Wassalam

Salam,

Interesting, hmm maybe i hallucinated all the Americans coming to canada for FREE treatment......actually next time i'm at the clinic , and i see some Americans waiting for treatment, i'll just quote you joe...i'm sure they would appreciate your comments....ohhh hahaha socialized country hear hear...you wait and see what your own government is going to do.....why are you on this forum? what is your motivation....?

Salaam, The system does work in the UK but the biggest flaw is the dentist, so hard to find one with the NHS and then when you have eventually found one they have no room for more patients so you have to carry on looking for another and they are soo expensive.