Islamic Forum
ranma1/2

Why Should I Convert To Islam?

I am curious why I should convert?

(it is roughly the topioc of refuting non muslims so i thought id ask it.)

I personally dont accept might makes right and I disagree that because someone made me they have absolute right over me. (after all I have free will)

I also dont see how the idea that it provides perfect justice.

I think perfect justice requires,

Punishment to fit the crime. (infinite punished for finited crimes seems unjust)

The justice to be timely (not to waittill after someone dies)

To make amends. (punishing a criminal for murder or theft does not help there person murdered or stolen from)

Thanks

PropellerAds

Of course you do have free will. You can choose to be thankful to your creator, or to reject him.

I disagree that because someone made me they have absolute right over me.
you put it as if god is locking you in a prison cell or something. All your creator asks of you is to be thankful, and to be good, that's all.

Islam asks that you pray 5 times a day. This washing of both your body parts and your inner spirit helps keep you away for doing bad stuff all day long, everyday. It helps establish a healthy community, where everyone is good to each other, and where peace, equality and prosperity is there for all to enjoy.

God's perfect justice is not like any justice you have ever encountered. It includes procedures in this life and other procedures in the next life. God's justice comes from His great wisdom. The answer to this question can fill books, and even so it would only catch a glimpse of the justice and wisdom of our Creator. But to give you tiny examples: punishments could use many shapes. It can be how your kids treat you when you're old, whether your money gives you happiness or stress and pain, whther you get wed to someone good or bad, your health, whther people like you or dislike you, and countless other issues in your life. It is far complicated and inter-connected like we can never imagine.

On the other side, you can be bad yet gain more wealth and health. This happens usually to the worst of people, those who can not be guided, so that they sin more, then end up in bad situation in judgment day.

God's justice and wisdom also shows when you realize that incidents serve many sides. For example, someone stole the money you been saving for that new car. You find it bad, but you don't realize that, had you bought this car, you would have been burnt inside it in a terrible accident. Meanwhile, the robber will use the money to get wed, and his wife turns out to be mean, and turns his life to a living hell. I could go on, but all this is naive compared to God's planning and wisdom. Its all connected together, tests, fates, justice and faith, all planned by the wisdom of our Creator.

When you mention justice you need to remember that this life is mainly a test. So, if punishments in this life is timely, direct and performed in front of our eyes, then where is the test? sometimes you find it encouraging to make more bad things, and this is a tough test to pass. Sometimes you do good stuff, yet bad things happen to you or to your loved ones. This is also a test to your faith, to see if you will be patient and have full trust in what God has destined for you, or not. A pious Muslim believes that whatever happens to him is good, even if it looks bad at first sight, and so he is thankful at all times. This makes you reach inner peace and tranquility, knowing that this life is but a tiny moment in our lives, and knowing that what awaits us next is what really counts.

Peace be upon those who follow guidance

First, please, take this advice. Ask God to guide you. You can say it in this way: "God, if You are out there, please show me truth". You don't lose anything by doing so. Do it daily.

Secondly, read this thread: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=726926&hl=inspired"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic...amp;hl=inspired[/url]

Peace be upon those who follow guidance

First, please, take this advice. Ask God to guide you. You can say it in this way: "God, if You are out there, please show me truth". You don't lose anything by doing so. Do it daily.

Secondly, read this thread: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=726926&hl=inspired"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic...amp;hl=inspired[/url]

Hi Younes and Dot,

On Justice,

the biggest problem I have with your argument is that there is no evidence. For justice to be fair it must be known.

Just because someone says something it doesn't make it so.My point is that there is no Karma as you seem to be pointing to (that we get what we deserve) it seems to be that it just makes you feel better to believe that we all get what we deserve. What more if god is interfering on such a level then you really have no control over your life. I see no evidence of perfect justice.

On thankfulness,

Im sure most of us are thankful for being born or existing but I dont think that is all he is wanting.

It is wanting us to believe it exists without evidence*we dont even have any evidence it is asking this except a book*. I am thankful for being born but my parents don't punish me for disbelief. God finds it fair to give proof to some for his existence. (Muhammad, Jesus etc have had actual revelation) but not others and then punishes them for that lack of belief.

On being good.

I think most non Muslims have different cultural, social and religious views on what is good. I myself find my actions to be good as I imagine do others.

On asking god,

I have asked god many times. I sincerely asked, I have never ever gotten any reply.

On inspiration,

I see no evidence for inspiration. However if it was true i dont see why an all powerful god does not provide the same evidence for others as it did for Jesus, Mohammad and others.

Ranma,

Continue asking God for guidance.

Yes, take brother Younes's advice. Only God guides whom He wants. No one here can guide you.

But first, you must believe in the unseen. The problem with all atheists is that they do not believe that this world has more than what they can see, touch, encounter or understand. This is totally wrong. You must first accept that our understanding and encounter with the universe is limited by our human capabilities, and that the universe has much more than we can grasp, encounter or understand. Without coming to that understanding, you cannot benefit from anything we say here.

Salam Ranmal,

You first need to submit in order to understand. You cannot keep fighting the unseen. To balance life, you have the emotional, the physical, etc but you also have the spiritual that you just have to believe in. That's where my God comes into play. I don't have to think or outsmart things, I give up the confrontation at that point, and gladly welcome God into my life and submit to him, as I am only his creation and it's not all about me, my intelligence, my well being, etc....but rather how I lead my life to make a better society, community in which we all live. I am a Muslim, but I am not an expert in Islam. I am learning every day more, and try to abide by what Allah (You could give him your own name) proscribed us. When you pray to Allah, you only want him to show you the way and help you strentgehn your beliefs. You don't ask him on making you rich, the only rich in the eyes of Allah is the one with the most faith. Don't try to outsmart the creator. It will take you nowhere. Forgive me if I sound a little arrogant by times.

Peace be upon you.

PS: I was an Atheist at a point in my life

Salam ranma1/2

You should convert because Islam is the truth. Of course, the next question will be, how is Islam the truth? There are numerous ways to prove that. A method frequently used in this day and age for athiest is to present the prescientific knowledge given by Quran. Here is a website which has compiled it

quranmiracles. c om/

One specific example which comes to my mind is embryology in Quran. Dr. Keith Moore who is a coauthor of "Clinically Oriented Anatomy" which is not just a populat anatomy book but a popular anatomy text book viewed by scientists and students worldwide. He testified that various embryonic stages mentioned in the Quran were not discovered at that time and all are true.

w w w.quranandscience.c o m/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=135:dr-keith-moore-confirms-embryology-in-quran&catid=51:human&Itemid=63

I personally dont accept might makes right

If you're saying that just because God is powerful doesn't mean that God is right, then I would disagree with you. In Islam, while we believe that God has power over all things, we also believe that He is most Just.

and I disagree that because someone made me they have absolute right over me. (after all I have free will)

So just because God made you, doesn't mean that you should obey all the commandments of God. Brother, Muslims don't obey God just because God made them. It is definitely one of the reasons but not the only reason. Muslims obey God because they love God as God loves them. Why wouldn't you love your Creator who gave you so much?

002.165 .....æóãöäó ÇáäóøÇÓö ãóäú íóÊóøÎöÃõ ãöäú Ãõæäö Çááóøåö ÃóäúÃóÇÃðÇ íõÃöÈõøæäóåõãú ßóÃõÈöø Çááóøåö æóÇáóøÃöíäó ÂãóäõæÇ ÃóÔóÃõø ÃõÈðøÇ áöáóøåö

002.165 Yet there are men who take (for worship) others besides Allah, as equal (with Allah): They love them as they should love Allah. But those of Faith are overflowing in their love for Allah. ....

Al-Qur'an, 002.165 (Al-Baqara [The Cow])

Text Copied from DivineIslam's Qur'an Viewer software v2.910

Muslims obey God because by being obedient they will get the paradise promised to them.

002.025 æóÈóÔöøÑö ÇáóøÃöíäó ÂãóäõæÇ æóÚóãöáõæÇ ÇáÕóøÇáöÃóÇÊö Ãóäóø áóåõãú ÌóäóøÇÊò ÊóÌúÑöí ãöäú ÊóÃúÊöåóÇ ÇáÃäúåóÇÑõ ßõáóøãóÇ ÑõÒöÞõæÇ ãöäúåóÇ ãöäú ËóãóÑóÉò ÑöÒúÞðÇ ÞóÇáõæÇ åóÃóÇ ÇáóøÃöí ÑõÒöÞúäóÇ ãöäú ÞóÈúáõ æóÃõÊõæÇ Èöåö ãõÊóÔóÇÈöåðÇ æóáóåõãú ÃöíåóÇ ÃóÒúæóÇÌñ ãõØóåóøÑóÉñ æóåõãú ÃöíåóÇ ÎóÇáöÃõæäó

002.025 But give glad tidings to those who believe and work righteousness, that their portion is Gardens, beneath which rivers flow. Every time they are fed with fruits therefrom, they say: "Why, this is what we were fed with before," for they are given things in similitude; and they have therein companions pure (and holy); and they abide therein (for ever).

Al-Qur'an, 002.025 (Al-Baqara [The Cow])

Muslims also obey God because ultimately, doing what God has told us will be beneficial for us even in this world. If we obey God's commandments, we will live a more fulfilling life. We will not worry about the future and have any regrets regarding the past.

002.038õ ÃóÅöãóøÇ íóÃúÊöíóäóøßõãú ãöäöøí åõÃðì Ãóãóäú ÊóÈöÚó åõÃóÇíó ÃóáÇ ÎóæúÃñ Úóáóíúåöãú æóáÇ åõãú íóÃúÒóäõæäó

002.038 .....and if, as is sure, there comes to you Guidance from Me, whosoever follows My guidance, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

Al-Qur'an, 002.038 (Al-Baqara [The Cow])

And we obey God so that we can avoid Hell as the next verse says

002.039 æóÇáóøÃöíäó ßóÃóÑõæÇ æóßóÃóøÈõæÇ ÈöÂíóÇÊöäóÇ ÃõæáóÆößó ÃóÕúÃóÇÈõ ÇáäóøÇÑö åõãú ÃöíåóÇ ÎóÇáöÃõæäó

002.039 "But those who reject Faith and belie Our Signs, they shall be companions of the Fire; they shall abide therein."

Al-Qur'an, 002.039 (Al-Baqara [The Cow])

You and I are human beings with limited insight. How can we judge what perfect justice is and what isn't?

Punishment to fit the crime. (infinite punished for finited crimes seems unjust)

Only one crime has an infinite punishment which is rejecting faith (according to the verse quoted above). God who created us, gave us everything and also gave us an opportunity to get to heaven, if we reject Him, deny all His favours, don't we deserve punishment for our denial? And again, since our knowledge is limited, how can we judge that God is being unfair?

Why can't a person be punished for his sins after he dies? How is that unjust? And in Islam, we do have punishments before death. Islamic system of governance has prescribed punishments for crimes. God himself punishes some people in this world.

022.011 æóãöäó ÇáäóøÇÓö ãóäú íóÚúÈõÃõ Çááóøåó Úóáóì ÃóÑúÃò ÃóÅöäú ÃóÕóÇÈóåõ ÎóíúÑñ ÇØúãóÃóäóø Èöåö æóÅöäú ÃóÕóÇÈóÊúåõ ÃöÊúäóÉñ ÇäúÞóáóÈó Úóáóì æóÌúåöåö ÎóÓöÑó ÇáÃõøäúíóÇ æóÇáÂÎöÑóÉó Ãóáößó åõæó ÇáúÎõÓúÑóÇäõ ÇáúãõÈöíäõ

022.011 There are among men some who serve Allah, as it were, on the verge: if good befalls them, they are, therewith, well content; but if a trial comes to them, they turn on their faces: they lose both this world and the Hereafter: that is loss for all to see!

Al-Qur'an, 022.011 (Al-Hajj [The Pilgrimage])

But the ultimate judgement, justice and punishment will be in on the Day of Judgement.

To make amends. (punishing a criminal for murder or theft does not help there person murdered or stolen from)

Punishment of a criminal will give the victim some comfort. If a rapist is punished by God, his victim will have some satisfaction. But even if I agree with you that a victim is not helped in any way, the fact remains, so many crimes are avoided by the fear of punishment in the hereafter. By punishing a criminal in the hereafter, God may not be assisting the victim (according to you) but He will have prevented various crimes in this world. Wouldn’t you agree?

What are your current beliefs regarding life and its purpose? Is it more logical that our creation is purposeless and there is no God? As the Quran says

052.035 Ãóãú ÎõáöÞõæÇ ãöäú ÛóíúÑö ÔóíúÃò Ãóãú åõãõ ÇáúÎóÇáöÞõæäó

052.035 Were they created of nothing, or were they themselves the creators?

Al-Qur'an, 052.035 (At-Tur [The Mount])

Peace

Ranma,

Continue asking God for guidance.

but why should i convert to Islam?

Yes, take brother Younes's advice. Only God guides whom He wants. No one here can guide you.

But first, you must believe in the unseen. The problem with all atheists is that they do not believe that this world has more than what they can see, touch, encounter or understand. This is totally wrong. You must first accept that our understanding and encounter with the universe is limited by our human capabilities, and that the universe has much more than we can grasp, encounter or understand. Without coming to that understanding, you cannot benefit from anything we say here.

Hi Dot,

I simply cant follow or trust in the unseen, i see that as being the greatest cause of harm in the world. Even you must admit that all the other religions typically refer to having blind faith in there gods. I cant allow myself to do that or I may fall into the same mistakes they have made. I know that my best choices are made when I am informed and have as much info as possible. I can be sure to do what is best if I know what is best. If I had blindly followed the religion I was brought up in I would still be a member of that religion. But I question, I ask and I felt I could no longer justify following something that has no evidence for. Also please understand that I am not asking how to believe in your god but why I should believe. (how is for another thread.)

thanks.

Salam Ranmal,

You first need to submit in order to understand. You cannot keep fighting the unseen. To balance life, you have the emotional, the physical, etc but you also have the spiritual that you just have to believe in. That's where my God comes into play. I don't have to think or outsmart things, I give up the confrontation at that point, and gladly welcome God into my life and submit to him, as I am only his creation and it's not all about me, my intelligence, my well being, etc....but rather how I lead my life to make a better society, community in which we all live. I am a Muslim, but I am not an expert in Islam. I am learning every day more, and try to abide by what Allah (You could give him your own name) proscribed us. When you pray to Allah, you only want him to show you the way and help you strengthen your beliefs. You don't ask him on making you rich, the only rich in the eyes of Allah is the one with the most faith. Don't try to outsmart the creator. It will take you nowhere. Forgive me if I sound a little arrogant by times.

Peace be upon you.

PS: I was an Atheist at a point in my life

Why should I submit to understand?

I dont fight anything unseen. Im not sure what you mean by that.

What is spiritual? I use to consider myself spiritual but when I thought about it I couldnt realy state what that ment. I in general considered it to be just a statement dealing with emotion. Could you explain what your view on spiritual is?

I am interested in your conversion. Could you pm me privately? (as to keep this thread on topic)

I am interested in knowing your background. (what faith you were before, why you were an atheists adn for what reasons etc..)

Thanks and I dont see anything arrogant in your post. please forgive me if I ever seem arrogant.

The unseen, or spiritual as mentioned above, means that we humans, animals and plants are not the only creations in this universe. There are other worlds not seen by us, other creatures: angles, jinn and the devil. They all exist around but we have no ability to contact them.

God Al-Mighty created different creatues from different materials. We were created from clay, angels were created from light, and jin from smokeless fire.

Why should you convert to Islam? this is an advanced step. You should first believe in the unseen, then believe in God who created the whole universe, us and the unseen, then revert to Islam. We say 'revert' because you were born a Muslim, like all humans, until someone or something made you a non-Muslim.

Why should you convert to Islam? this is an advanced step. You should first believe in the unseen, then believe in God who created the whole universe, us and the unseen, then revert to Islam. We say 'revert' because you were born a Muslim, like all humans, until someone or something made you a non-Muslim.

What do you mean by unseen? Unevidenced? I simply cant. Once again I think my actions can be best be done by being informed.

If I am correct you are simply saying I should believe in god for no reason (faith)? To my knowledge no one is born with a belief in anything. As kids we do easily believe in anything we are told about (which in general thats good cause as kids we dont know anything and its in our best interest to follow authority).

What has made me non religous are two main things.

The desire to act as best as I can and that I think is best done by having my actions as being informed as possible.

And the lack of evidence for the unseen. (the unevidenced.)

I do weigh frequently how much my actions can negatively affect the world so I the more important the tasks the more important being fully informed is to me.

Edited by ranma1/2

What do you mean by unseen? Unevidenced? I simply cant. Once again I think my actions can be best be done by being informed.

If I am correct you are simply saying I should believe in god for no reason (faith)? To my knowledge no one is born with a belief in anything. As kids we do easily believe in anything we are told about (which in general thats good cause as kids we dont know anything and its in our best interest to follow authority).

What has made me non religous are two main things.

The desire to act as best as I can and that I think is best done by having my actions as being informed as possible.

And the lack of evidence for the unseen. (the unevidenced.)

I do weigh frequently how much my actions can negatively affect the world so I the more important the tasks the more important being fully informed is to me.

:sl:

God has given us many signs to show that he is real, though many choose to ignore these signs. There are many, but for a quick example:

We can look at Time, matter, and so on to find evidence of God. The fact that in order to create all the finite, there must be an infinite. Time is finite, and we know this because it is described as "the measurement of changes in matter". If I were to give you a piece of gum after I turned the lightswitch an infinite amount of times, would you ever get it? Of course not. We Muslims believe that God is never changing, that he always was, and he always will be. But on to course, so if time is matter, what created time? Time does not consist of any elemental features, but then again it is a LAW that "matter can not be created or destroyed", and time is matter (even though it measures changes in matter, for time changes), so then what could do such a thing?

Something has to be able to break the laws of physics in order to create time, nothing else can. God, maybe?

Unseen doesn't mean Unevidenced.

As for the "we are all born Muslim" thing (and I am a revert myself) you need to realize that Islam is NOT a religion, not a belief. It's a way of life. We were all born unto this way of life until our parents have made us change this way of life by not doing it themselves. We have nothing to base the Muslim way of life off of, so therefore we can't follow this way of life until we are mature enough to understand it is the correct way of life. My parents aren't Muslim, so when I was born, they didn't prostrate for prayer, they told me Jesus was God, and they took me to church every sunday. I was taken AWAY from the Muslim way of life.

As for your two things for being non-religious, these go hand in hand.

First off, I beg of you, LOOK UP evidence for God, I can give you many things in a PM if you wish, it is SO abundant, people just begin to reject it instead of accepting it because it is so painful to their own beliefs.

Second, after you have built faith that there is a God, us Muslims believe that God grants us rewards for these deeds that we will later see be brought upon us in Paradise. It's kind of like a pay check, if you do your job, you get paid. Allah subhana wa ta'ala gives us so many blessings and rewards for our good deeds, and you will be informed of these at the gates of Paradise.

Even if you look for a more down-to-earth solution, do good deeds for people, and watch their reactions. Imagine what recognition would be given if you simply gave a box of bottled water, or a nicely cooked meal to a starving Palestinian family.

The look on their faces, the thanks you would get. They would grow their faith in God the Gracious the Merciful. More importantly, they will show you love for what you have done, if that's not informant, then please explain to me what is.

Wasalaam.

salaams my friend

thank you for your time and intrest.

the title of your your topic gives me a point to make. QUESTION. ....WHY. with this you haven taken a "first step" toward Islam! the freedom to question. as i'm still a newbe of almost 1 yr. this is something i still do. with question we grow. we learn. though doubt we allow Allah to guide us. though knowledge we learn we are seperated from him only by the lack there of.

Islam is a true one on one relationship with god there's no middle man. you and god thats it no priests or rabbis to INTERPET for you.this is core.

we believe in jesus but not as a false [pagan human sacrifice]. it's what he brought us in life that guides us. BUT as time went on man changed it,drew atention away from it though the "teachings of others" who claimed to know him but did not. and though the traditions and cultures of the pagan converts. if i was able to paste links i'd be able to help more.

some good vids to watch on you tube are as follows

search youtube type in THE DEEN SHOW he's a very good man with clear answers. { litsen quik he speeks fast}

also type in Islam IS WRONG { JUST KINDING } he's another good muslim who uses satire to educate people about Islam.this guy also has alot more good vids like MUHAMMAD IN THE BIBLE and TO BE A GOOD CHRISTIAN he also has some funny stuff like the MILITANT NEXT DOOR vid. remember he does satire. he is american so some muslims in other countries don't understand this type of presention.

READ!! READ!! READ!!

Islam has no need for "BLIND SHEEP" remember once more only though QUESTION,WITH REASON, AND GUIDENCE{ QU'RAN & SUNNA } CAN WE FIND TRUTH WITHIN. AND IT'S OURSELVES THATS THE HARDEST TO OVERCOME .

we can't take this jouney for you. it's yours and yours alone. a brother told me this when i was searching for the truth. and for me searching for the truth in the christ led me to Islam.

and when i was ready for Masjid my brother told me to search for a Masjid that helps YOU on YOUR jouney AND not joining them on THEIRS . Islam is that personal!! that universal.

the best online website to learn more of Islam i come across is ISLAMICITY(contact admin if its a beneficial link) .[using large font size is not allowed] very compeling articals and even handed evaluation of things. you see we in Islam have the fredom to question, critisize our faith unlike the christians.

well it's late and i rambled on enough. i wish you peace and happyness on your jouney, and love what you decide.

leland

:sl:

God has given us many signs to show that he is real, though many choose to ignore these signs. There are many, but for a quick example:

We can look at Time, matter, and so on to find evidence of God. The fact that in order to create all the finite, there must be an infinite. Time is finite, and we know this because it is described as "the measurement of changes in matter". If I were to give you a piece of gum after I turned the lightswitch an infinite amount of times, would you ever get it? Of course not. We Muslims believe that God is never changing, that he always was, and he always will be. But on to course, so if time is matter, what created time? Time does not consist of any elemental features, but then again it is a LAW that "matter can not be created or destroyed", and time is matter (even though it measures changes in matter, for time changes), so then what could do such a thing?

Something has to be able to break the laws of physics in order to create time, nothing else can. God, maybe?

Unseen doesn't mean Unevidenced.

As for the "we are all born Muslim" thing (and I am a revert myself) you need to realize that Islam is NOT a religion, not a belief. It's a way of life. We were all born unto this way of life until our parents have made us change this way of life by not doing it themselves. We have nothing to base the Muslim way of life off of, so therefore we can't follow this way of life until we are mature enough to understand it is the correct way of life. My parents aren't Muslim, so when I was born, they didn't prostrate for prayer, they told me Jesus was God, and they took me to church every sunday. I was taken AWAY from the Muslim way of life.

As for your two things for being non-religious, these go hand in hand.

First off, I beg of you, LOOK UP evidence for God, I can give you many things in a PM if you wish, it is SO abundant, people just begin to reject it instead of accepting it because it is so painful to their own beliefs.

Second, after you have built faith that there is a God, us Muslims believe that God grants us rewards for these deeds that we will later see be brought upon us in Paradise. It's kind of like a pay check, if you do your job, you get paid. Allah subhana wa ta'ala gives us so many blessings and rewards for our good deeds, and you will be informed of these at the gates of Paradise.

Even if you look for a more down-to-earth solution, do good deeds for people, and watch their reactions. Imagine what recognition would be given if you simply gave a box of bottled water, or a nicely cooked meal to a starving Palestinian family.

The look on their faces, the thanks you would get. They would grow their faith in God the Gracious the Merciful. More importantly, they will show you love for what you have done, if that's not informant, then please explain to me what is.

Wasalaam.

Hi Laith,

Religion

Islam is a religion, now it may include other things to it but it IS a religion. It has tenants, it has dogma, it has ceremony and more.

Signs

There has been no clear sign. Each religion out there interprets what they want as signs for their religion. Why should Islams signs be taken with any more seriousness than the others?

Infinite?

Why must there be an infinite to create finite? Cant there be a chain of finites? Is there any evidence for your statement? ( to our current knowledge energy can not be created or destoryed but thats the best your going to get currently)

Evidence for god,

please send me a PM. I have looked constantly for evidence but I have found none. What I am wanting is actual evidence that would be accepted in the realm of science. I hold no value in personal revelation unless its my own. (then I have had evidence but I would not expect anyone to accpet it for the same reason I cant accept someones elses). Please dont send me any on the grounds of personal incredulity.

Rewards,

This is actually one of the first replies that I think actually deals with teh OP. Why should I convert. I think good deeds dont out of no desire for reward are much better. I think my actions can be purer if I am not doing them for a reward. (apart from feeling good from helping.)

Thank for your reply and I would like you to pm me. Thanks.

salaams my friend

thank you for your time and intrest.

the title of your your topic gives me a point to make. QUESTION. ....

WHY. with this you haven taken a "first step" toward Islam! the freedom to question. as i'm still a newbe of almost 1 yr. this is something i still do. with question we grow. we learn. though doubt we allow Allah to guide us. though knowledge we learn we are seperated from him only by the lack there of.

Islam is a true one on one relationship with god there's no middle man. you and god thats it no priests or rabbis to INTERPET for you.this is core.

we believe in jesus but not as a false [pagan human sacrifice]. it's what he brought us in life that guides us. BUT as time went on man changed it,drew atention away from it though the "teachings of others" who claimed to know him but did not. and though the traditions and cultures of the pagan converts. if i was able to paste links i'd be able to help more.

Islam has no need for "BLIND SHEEP" remember once more only though QUESTION,WITH REASON, AND GUIDENCE{ QU'RAN & SUNNA } CAN WE FIND TRUTH WITHIN. AND IT'S OURSELVES THATS THE HARDEST TO OVERCOME .

well it's late and i rambled on enough. i wish you peace and happyness on your jouney, and love what you decide.

leland

First thank you for the links I will take time to look at them.

How can we tell the difference between your claims and that of any other religion?

Blind sheep,

I have to disagree, I constantly hear that you have to take it on faith. Am I mistaken? All evidence I have seen does not point to the existence of any god. I gaurantee I am looking as unbiasedly as possible. I also dont understand why a god would not give equal revelations to all. (It certainly is not limited by power ifyou go by the standard greatly if not all powerful being idea)

Just wanted to chime in with my two cents worth... you should convert because Islam is the true religion. You have to take that on faith and make the decision on your own.

Just wanted to chime in with my two cents worth... you should convert because Islam is the true religion. You have to take that on faith and make the decision on your own.

I have already stated that I cant and refuse to take something on faith.

Every religion out there makes that same claim. Why should I choose oneover the other?

How can I honestly choose ?

First thank you for the links I will take time to look at them.

How can we tell the difference between your claims and that of any other religion?

please check out the deen show on youtube, specificly "GIVE ME PROOF THAT Islam IS THE TRUTH and" I WAS RAISED CHRISTIAN SO WHY MUST I BE MUSLIM "

Blind sheep,

I have to disagree, I constantly hear that you have to take it on faith. Am I mistaken? All evidence I have seen does not point to the existence of any god. I gaurantee I am looking as unbiasedly as possible. I also dont understand why a god would not give equal revelations to all. (It certainly is not limited by power ifyou go by the standard greatly if not all powerful being idea)

the above in blue will be adressed in video 1

what evidence of god would you need?

lastly Islam and the Qu'ran teaches us he has . god has sent messagers to "all peoples. as you'll noitice Islam is the only reigion to do so.

6:42 (Y. Ali) Before thee We sent (apostles) to many nations, and We afflicted the nations with suffering and adversity, that they might learn humility.

as you read the qu'ran all will become cleare on this point.

leland

do not take it on faith take it on reasoning. Every question I have contemplated about life, ethics, morality, metaphysics has been answered quite eloquently in the Quran al-kareem and explored in depth via the ahadeeth. I am a revert of 9 years. Not only is the Islamic way of life the most rewarding emotionally, spiritually, intellectually, it is evident in practice that one grows exponentially in all aspects of their life.

I personally dont accept might makes right and I disagree that because someone made me they have absolute right over me. (after all I have free will)

Thanks

Ranma,

Very simply, you should convert for your own sake. Allah (subhanaho wa ta'ala) does not need anything from you. You need Him. He made you, put you on this earth, gave a code of laws and rules by which to be successful in this world, and is now testing you. If you seek Guidance from Him sincerely, and read, you will find answers to your own questions. Nobody on this planet can make you change your mind.

If you succeed, you get rewarded, if you fail, you pay. Simple. Now the choice is yours.

Adios

Ranma.....to convert you need faith, but you don't have faith right now. To have faith, you need to be interested in God, the Creator.So if you are

interested that would be a start but if you aren't, there's nothing much anybody can tell you.Yes, you have the free will!

Cheerio.[using large font size is not allowed]

Wow ive gotten quite a variety of replies,

first thanks and welcome to the newcomers to this forum.

For those that dont know yet, I can not and refuse to take things on faith out of my own ethical reasons.

If I did do that then I would have to do it for each and every religion that asks that.

I need more than simply the instruction to believe by faith.

Wow ive gotten quite a variety of replies,

first thanks and welcome to the newcomers to this forum.

For those that dont know yet, I can not and refuse to take things on faith out of my own ethical reasons.

If I did do that then I would have to do it for each and every religion that asks that.

I need more than simply the instruction to believe by faith.

salaams

you don't have faith {believe} your wife loves you? or that we here speaking with truly care for you.

no you not have to with "all religions" . only the ONE you choose.

sure you need faith, but with Islam knowledge, reason, and faith go hand in hand. Islam doesn't teach " though faith and faith alone" thats the christians. and that way of thinking leaves you open to be led astray. hence the position of Islam. :sl:

love leland