Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rehan Khan Ali

Jokes Of Prophet Muhammand (s.a.w)

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was a warmhearted and friendly person and occasionally, he loved joking with the people around him. Due to his fitrah (nature) he always acted in moderation. His gentleness is also referred in the Holy Quran as: “It is part of the mercy of God that thou dost deal gently with them. Wert thou severe or harsh hearted, they would have broken away from about thee†(Al-i Imran, 3/159).

However when he would make jokes and plays, he always behaved moderately like he did in every aspect of his life. For example, as

Related by Abu Hurairah, when some of his companions said to Prophet Muhammad: “O Prophet Muhammad, yet, you also joke with us!†He replied: “Yes, I do. But I only tell the truth.â€

This case reveals that the most important thing about a joke is that it should tell the truth and not be offensive.

So lets share some jokes of Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w), The first one is from mine

* As related by Enes b. Malik: Once a man came to the Prophet and wanted to give him a ride on his camel. The Prophet replied: “We should give you a ride on a camel’s baby then.â€

“But Prophet Muhammad, how can I ride on a camel’s baby?â€

The Prophet replied:

“Are not all camels the babies of a mother camel?†(Abu Dawud, Edeb, 92; Tirmizi, Birr, 57)

PropellerAds

lol i love my Prophet dearly thank Allah he wasnt a comedian lol you guys know if you was with Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and he cracked that joke you'd be like ummmmm ooo k i love you dear Prophet but um jokes is not your thing and then you would share a good chuckle with him. Oh man then a revelation would be sent telling us that whenever the Prophet jokes that there is wisdom in it lol(by the way it is wisdom even in the Prophets joking)

I m assuming that you are talking about brother twoswordsali. :sl: Because the other one joking here is our prophet :sl:

Edited by In War with me

Do you think this kind of joke is neccessary?

Although not absolutely necessary, it's still not inappropriate.

It is just witty. The point isn't that every one of the Prophet (SAW)'s jokes meant to teach a specific lesson but that they were always of a clean nature, and not in violation of Islamic values. That is not to say we should not take it as a lesson that it is only allowed to joke in the same manner as the "best of mankind". The Prophet (SAW) was wise to know that it is beneficial to lighten the mood up every so often with some humor as opposed to being serious all the time. Allah(Swt) made the phenomena of 'laughter' a part of human nature and science has proven that laughter is one of the best medicines. The Prophet (SAW) wanted to make his followers aware to partake in a balance rather than staying serious 24/7 which can lead to emotional and even physical disturbances.

Question: What is the ruling on joking in our Islamic religion? Is it among the idle speech, knowing that it is not making fun of the religion? Please advise us, may Allaah reward you.

Answer: Praise be to Allaah.

There is nothing wrong with humorous talk and joking, if it is truthful, especially if it is not done a great deal. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to joke but he never said anything but that which was true. But if it involves telling lies, then it is not permissible, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Woe to the one who speaks and lies in order to make people laugh; woe to him, woe to him.†Narrated by Abu Dawood, al-Tirmidhi and al-Nasaa’i with a jayyid isnaad. And Allaah is the Source of strength.

Majmoo’ Fataawa wa Maqaalaat Li’l-Shaykh Ibn Baaz, 6/391

Ruling on joking in Islam

The Shiekh Ibn Uthaimeen prayed his Sallaah at the haram in Makkah, then after he wanted to go some where far so he needed a car. So the Shiekh stopped a taxi. As they were riding along the taxi cab driver wanted to know about his passenger so he asked him, “Who are you?â€

The Sheikh: “Muhammed ibn Uthaimeenâ€

The Driver: “The SHEIKH??â€

And he thought that the Sheikh was lying to him. Because he never thought that Sheikh ibn Uthaimeen would ever ride with him.

The Sheikh: “Yes the Shiekh.â€

The driver at this point was amused and couldn’t believe what he was hearing.

The Sheikh: “And who are you brother?â€

The Driver: “I am Sheikh Abdulaziz ibn Baz!â€

The Sheikh started to laugh.

The Sheikh: “Are you really sheikh Abdulaziz ibn Bazz???â€

The Driver: “Well, are you really Shiekh ibn Uthaimeen???â€

LOLZZZZZZ

Edited by Orthodox