Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Laith

Poems

:sl:

Sorry I ask so many questions, but I wish to grow in my imaan through these answers, and I wish to thank you for your all's answers before I ask this question. You all have made my reversion to Islam so much easier, knowledgeable, and i'm not going to lie, FUN!! :sl:

Okay here's my question:

I write a lot of poetry, as this expresses what I feel towards things and the world. Ma shaa Allah I get many compliments about my poetry!

Due to my reversion to Islam, I have been wanting to write many poems about Allah subhana wa ta'ala and His messenger Muhammad sall allahu alayhi wasalaam. One thing I wish to do is start off my poems with "Oh God the Gracious the Merciful" (Bismillah Ir-Rahman Ir-Raheem) but I do not know if this would be haram.

I ask if it would be haram because I feel as if to say such things would be an imitation of Al-Qu'ran, which i'm not trying to do obviously. So would it be haram to start off my poems like this, or would it be considered haram because it's imitation of the Qu'ran.

Wasalaam

PropellerAds

Assalamu Alaikum, There is nothing wrong in starting your poem with "Oh God the Gracious the Merciful", depends what the poem might contain though. It would not be right if you start like this and write a poem in praise of someone other than Allah or you write a love poem or something similar, I hope you understand what I am trying to say.

If the poems are about Nature and it's beauty or in praise of Allah or the Deen of Islam or something worthwhile that would encourage people to do good then there should't be any problem.

It is a well known fact that when sending letters to people RasoolAllah Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam always stared with Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem.

Why don't you share some of your poetry with us, you can post them in the Poems and stories section.

I hope you don't mind my brother but a better translation of Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem is "In the name of Allah The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful"

Assalamu alaikum.

:sl:

I write a lot of poetry, as this expresses what I feel towards things and the world. Ma shaa Allah I get many compliments about my poetry!

Due to my reversion to Islam, I have been wanting to write many poems about Allah subhana wa ta'ala and His messenger Muhammad sall allahu alayhi wasalaam. One thing I wish to do is start off my poems with "Oh God the Gracious the Merciful" (Bismillah Ir-Rahman Ir-Raheem) but I do not know if this would be haram.

I ask if it would be haram because I feel as if to say such things would be an imitation of Al-Qu'ran, which i'm not trying to do obviously. So would it be haram to start off my poems like this, or would it be considered haram because it's imitation of the Qu'ran.

Wasalaam

Walaikum Assalam, brother!

May Allah (subhanaho wa ta'ala) Guide you into becoming a Muslim we will all be proud of.

There is absolutely no harm in starting with

"Oh God the Gracious the Merciful" (Bismillah Ir-Rahman Ir-Raheem)
. In fact, everything that you start that way brings blessings, and by its inclusion, you will be making every reader start reading with those words. I am sure you will earn ajr for that.

I am sure you will be praising Allah (subhanaho wa ta'ala) and His Messenger (sallallaho alaihe wasallam). Thet and by making people read those praises, you will earn countless ajr.

Wassalam