Islamic Forum
Safiyyah UmmMaher

Topic Rating Suggestion

Assalamo Alaykom Wa RahmatuAllah

I have a suggestion..I think it would be nice to have some sort of rating thing for posts. I mean..You could rate it as poor, good, excellent or something like this. And it would be better if only members who have passed for example 100 posts could do this.

Wasalaam,

Safiyyah

PropellerAds

:sl:

Thanks sister for your suggestion. Actually, the rating option is already there in some of our sections. We had that discussion (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=19421"]4 years[/url] ago, but it wasn't completed. Let's wait and see if the majority agree now that we enable topic ratings in all sections.

I think rating is good also. We have the "R" on curezone. So R, RR , RR and BSA (the best and perfect post)

I do disagree that we should put limits on people who can rate. I think anyone should be able to rate.

Assalamo Alaykom

I do disagree that we should put limits on people who can rate. I think anyone should be able to rate.

I just thought that if people who know nothing about Islam and have not even posted one topic will start rating, it is a little unfair. 100 posts was just a suggestion, it could be just 20, too! :sl: As for members who have spent here a longer time, they know what they should rate and how, inshaaAllah. Because they will know the rules and the atmosphere here in general.

I meant also normal posts, not just topics. But even ratings for all the topics would be great.

Wasalaam,

Safiyyah

It is a good idea.

And regarding the limits, i think 50 post limit should be applied as it goes with link posting.

This is how we do it at curezone. There is an alert button at the bottom of the screen, good message or bad message and you push the alert lets say for good and it goes to the moderator of the board and the webmaster and they decide how to rate the post. Now at curezone all and any member can vote. To me I think it is a real put off. Like the member needing help from me with jinn and he could not write to me. I tried to send him a pm and because he is new I a full member could not write to him. Now you guys that is a real put off.

Sara

This is how we do it at curezone. There is an alert button at the bottom of the screen, good message or bad message and you push the alert lets say for good and it goes to the moderator of the board and the webmaster and they decide how to rate the post. Now at curezone all and any member can vote. To me I think it is a real put off. Like the member needing help from me with jinn and he could not write to me. I tried to send him a pm and because he is new I a full member could not write to him. Now you guys that is a real put off.

Sara

The IF officials have seen the many changes this forum has gone through and they've been in support of such decisions, because all of the changes have been for the best. This forum might limit newbie privileges, but it is a secure forum as a result of brother dot's hard work and dedication.

As for ratings, I don't see a need for it nor do I consider it a bad idea. I'm neutral on it. But I do agree that if it were to be implemented, it shouldn't be available to everyone immediately, unless it is possible to approve ratings as sister Sara suggested.

Salaams peeps,

I think this is a nice idea. Rating posts will perhaps encourage people to put in a little more thought in discussions.

Peace

Thanks for giving your beneficial responses. I've enabled topic ratings for many of our sections. Newbies need to wait until they make 50 posts to be able to rate topics.

salam

There could be only one downside of this. People might overuse the ratings. Will the members be able to rate only once or can he rate unlimited. Another thing is that members may be in a heated discussion and start rating each other badly just because they are heated up in the discussion. It would be like throwing mudd at each other.

However, I believe that the most members here are mature enough not to use this feature as a war tool.

You can give one vote for each topic, however, you can change your mind anytime and update your rating any number of times, for example if the topic got better or the discussions got worse, but it would still count as one vote.

salam

Can the Admin see who gives the ratings? For example, I rated this topic twice in a row as a test; can you see it?

I agree with the suggestion of Safiyya Ummaher for the rating , it will be good also to distinguish special members and also will attract more readers to it .

Baraka AllahuFeeki :sl: