Islamic Forum
aminata

Have You Ever Spoken To, Or Seen Allah In A Dream?

I had a dream about Allah where he discussed a certain issue with me and gave me some very valuable information about something important in my life. At this point I do not want to discuss the contents of the dream.

When I woke up from the dream, I realised that even though Allah was present in the dream, I did not actually see him and don't recall him being of any shape or form. And even though he spoke to me, I could not recall hearing His voice. Its kind of difficult to explain.

It was the most beautiful experience I have ever had in my entire life. I'm grateful to Allah for giving me the opportunity to feel his presence and for the guidance I got from His message.

I have searched online but have not come across any muslim saying they did have a dream about Allah. That is why I created this poll.

PropellerAds

:sl:

What an interesting topic. I haven't seen or had a dream that I have spoken to Allah SWT. But he talks to all of us through Al-Quran. I would be interested in finding out what other members think on this topic.

The scholars do agree that it is possible to see or hear Allah in a dream, however, such a person does not see Allah's actual form in the dream but rather a reflection of their own piety and faith. You probably don't recall an image of Allah because there is nothing like Him and none shall see Him until He appears to the Muslims of Jannah.

I'd like to add that if anyone ever has a dream of Allah and Allah commands him to do something that is unIslamic, or reveals a law to him that wasn't brought by prophet Muhammad, then that is Shaytan. For example, Sheikh AbdulKhadir Al-Jeilani had a dream in which Shaytan appeared to him on a throne over water and said "I am your Lord and I have freed you from your duties to me." Al-Jeilani responded by saying, "Get lost, you enemy of Allah! You are not my Lord because the commands of my Lord are not cancelled for anyone."

On the subject, I personally haven't dreamed of Allah.

You may have been played about with the shayateens, Allah does not speak to anyone directly, ONLY a few selected prophet (saw) were able to to speak directly which included Musa (as).....

The way Allah may guide a person through "visions" is through good dreams which are obvious they are good dreams but a voice claimingin to be Allah is too far fetched and dangerous.,

Abu Zakariyah, if there is one thing I am sure of, its that the being in my dream had absolutely nothing to do with shayateens. Let me repeat that, I did hear Allah's words and felt Allah's presence, but did not recall hearing a voice or seeing any form of Allah. In the dream he was there and until I woke up, I did not realise there was no shape or form.... it is kind of very difficult to explain.

As a believer, I guess you are aware that Allah (swt) is capable of anything and Allah can do what ever He pleases. If Allah wishes to deliver a message directly to one of his slaves, there is nothing to stop Him from doing that. Do not every doubt the power of The Creator, however "far fetched" it may seem to you. "When Allah intends a thing, all He has to say, is Be and it is."

Imediately I woke up from that dream, I wrote down every detail I could remember so that I would never forget it.

In the dream, I was in Heaven and felt a total sense of peace and loving. I could hear some very beautiful music being played. There were some people sitting under some trees and drinking something. It was the most peaceful place I've ever seen. I remember thinking in the dream that I wouldn't go back to earth if I was given the option to.

The being (Allah) radiated love and forgiveness. In fact the first thing He ask me, was why I have not forgiven someone(whom I won't mention here) who had done so much wrong to me. I was shocked that he would ask that and when I said I forgave that person, I felt a total sense of forgiveness and from that moment let go of the anger I felt towards that person.

He told me something about a certain person whom I did not know when I had the dream. I did not know the full meaning of His word then. I have just recently met that person, and I am beginning to understand the meaning of the dream.

I have for a long time been very grateful to Allah and wished so much for the opportunity to just hug him one time and say THANK YOU. After He gave me the message in the dream, I asked him whether I could hug him and he said yes. I then hugged him and that was when I disappeared from his presence and found myself on earth again with a man beside me.

The message in the dream was personal... some kind of guidance to push me to the right direction...

I am so grateful to Allah for giving me this rare opportunity. It was the most amazing moment in my life ever. I can't say Thank YOU enough.

Edited by aminata

Allah knows best regarding your dream, if we have a good dream we should share it with ones we trust...if we have bad dream should keep it to ourselvs....

Allah does not do anything that is not befitting of His majestic status.....When Ibhrahim (raw) asked to see Allah he collapsed and fainted...the creation can not handle the might of Allah.

But there have been many who have been misguided due to dreams supposedly from Allah or pious people so just warning iA.

Thanks for your warning.

I believe that Allah does not let his true and faithful believers be misguided.

You may have been played about with the shayateens, Allah does not speak to anyone directly, ONLY a few selected prophet (saw) were able to to speak directly which included Musa (as).....

The way Allah may guide a person through "visions" is through good dreams which are obvious they are good dreams but a voice claimingin to be Allah is too far fetched and dangerous.,

i second that

Asalamu Alaikum everyone. I had a dream too, way before I found Islam. For some reason during a hard time in my life I made sujood begging God for help, the wind blew so hard a tree branch broke off and flew into my roof, I knew He would see me in a dream and He did mashaa Allah. All I saw was light. And in the hadith there is proof of this, light is Allah's hijab. For the people saying Allah can't visit people in dreams you're entirely wrong, the great imams had dreams with Allah visiting them, they saw light like I saw they didn't see His true form. Please look up about this before shooting someone's sincere story down. Allah CAN speak to people in dreams they just can't see His true form. Do some research, a simple google search, many pious Muslims have had Him visit them in dreams. Allahu A'lam. 

i am late to this topic. and i hope i am not lying (ie cant recall exactly) but quite few years back i had couple of times where I thought Allah was speaking or so I thought. I cant remember the dream exactly, but i know it was either qiyamat time and the sun was very near (i actually at that point in dream REALISED it was qiyamat time) but i cant remember what was said and i dont want to try to rmeember just i ncase i get it wrong..  but i havent had it since.. maybe I am not worthy anymore.. :(