Islamic Forum
dot

Your Suggestions To Make Our Forum Highly Active Like Before

I miss the side panel with the latest posts :/

Yes! What happened to that?

PropellerAds
Yes! What happened to that?

I don't know maybe a new layout is being planned..but its so difficult looking for posts now so I hope it will be brought back

"Highly Active Like Before" ... hmmm, telling someone to go away should probably be stopped ...

Richard

This was based on rudeness (based on exasperation on my part) because I called Muslims 'nutters'.

There really isn't any excuse for a public display of rudeness, although there may be an excuse for it. I'd just about reached the end of my tether upon seeing (an IF guardian of all people) stating that he openly supported dictatorships. Apparently it is a widely held view that: "there is no democracy in Islam and no Islam in Democracy".

No wonder the middle east has been in turmoil.

This seems to be coming back to haunt me. So as you can see I haven't gone away (yet).

Regards,

ron

I miss the side panel with the latest posts :/
Please read this (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=737970&view=getnewpost"]announcement[/url].

Apparently it is a widely held view that: "there is no democracy in Islam and no Islam in Democracy".

Please don't quote me unless you're going to bother mentioning the context of my words. Thanks.

Salam.

Please read this (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=737970&view=getnewpost"]announcement[/url].
asSalaamu'alaykum,

I think, the analog clock in the right column is not so necessary to have displayed, and it can also add un-necessary load that will slowing down the forum system.

wallahu a'lam wa bishshowab.

Please don't quote me unless you're going to bother mentioning the context of my words. Thanks.

Salam.

I am sorry but I didn't mention you at all.

Otherwise the statement seems to speak for itself, doesn't it?

regards,

ron

....., there have been 1400 years of debate for matters specifically regarding Islam, and thousands of years longer than that for general questions of monotheism and other matters of spirituality. Humans are very good at rehashing old arguments just about every generation.
That's right, but it's through generations.

While what we want to discuss is about in our life time (years only), and where "iman" is up and down. There's time we're so high desired and then time we so low, and when we're low, it's time for the forum to help each other to make it up/high again.

And I think, debat is to find the truth, and the truth is to be practised ("'amal"), because Islam is way of life, not just something to be discussed.

wallahu a'lam wa bishshowab.

I like the forum upgrade. Change is good. !

I think there are a couple of problems with the new format.

One is that the quotes from previous posts are nowhere nearly as clear as they were.

Also, if you close a topic then you leave the whole forum and have to log in again! The only way round this is to use the 'back' button.

regards,

ron

the quotes from previous posts are nowhere nearly as clear as they were.
You are right. But new posts doen't have that problem. I'm working on it though. Hopefully it will be fixed today insha'Allah.

I didn't understand the other problem you mentioned, but you can navigate back to the forum, section or the board index, using the text navigation showing at top and bottom of topics.

You are right. But new posts doen't have that problem. I'm working on it though. Hopefully it will be fixed today insha'Allah.

I didn't understand the other problem you mentioned, but you can navigate back to the forum, section or the board index, using the text navigation showing at top and bottom of topics.

Hi and thanks for the clairification.

Also, I can now see that it is possible to get back to the forum, it's just that the print is rather tiny and doesn't stand out much.

regards,

ron