Islamic Forum
abdur

New Muslim

As Salamu Alaikum, i have acepted Islam three years ago, presently i feel a bit lost since i am still trying to master my salat. i live in trinidad and Tobago. i would be greatful for any advise on improving my salat

PropellerAds

Brother Adbur,

I 'll teach what I know.I hope someone else who happen to read this will give his/her comments should I make any mistake.

Firstly you want to do ablution or wuduk or tayamum if you don't have water. I assume you know how to do uduk .If you don't pls let me know.

There are three basic principles involved in prayer.Intend,physical movement and recitations.( Qalbi ,Fiqli,Quoly )

Say in your heart your intend to pray.Everything begins with intend.Then you cite the Iqamat.It goes like this.

Allahu akbar Allahu akbar.Asy-hadu alla illaha illallah.Asy-hadu anna Muhammadar rasulullah.Haiya-alas solah.Haiya'ala falah.Qadqamatis-solah.Qadqamatis-solah.Allahu akbar Allahu akbar.La-ilaha illallah.( Allah the greatest2X I bear witness no other God except Allah, I bear witness Muhammad is Rasul Allah.Let's do the prayer.Let strive to victory.Salat has been put up.Glorious Allah2x.No other God except Allah.) Then you duaa for Rasulullah, for forgiveness ,yours and your parents and peace and blessing to Rasullulah (pubh) and companions.

There are 13 principles in the prayer to observe.

1.Intend in your heart when you do takbiratul -ihram i.e when you say Allahu Akbar.

2.To stand up if you are capable.If you can't you can do it sitting down , lie down facing the qiblah.

3.Say takbiratul ihram .which is Allahu Akbar.

4.Recite Al Fatihah in every rakaah,alone or in jumaah ( group ).If you can't recite Al fatihah,recite what you know even one verse will do. ( One must always put an effort to constantly learn )

5.Rukuk i.e bending with your palms on the knees.

6.Iktidal and tuma'ninah,i.e a brief pause between two actions.Rukuk and standing straight.

7.Sujud ( your forehead onto the floor) twice. parts of your body involved here are forehead,nose,two palms,two knees,two toes.Backside is higher then the head. Don't touch the elbows onto the floor.

8.Sit between the two sujud. with brief pause.( tuma'ninah )

9.Sit last tasyahud and solawat to Prophet Muhammad and His family ( Allahuma salli alla Muhammad wa'aal a li Muhammad.) Literally it means ,My God bestow peace and tranquility to Muhammad and his family.

10.Recite last tasyadud. Attahiyatul mubarakatus-solawatut-taiibatul lillah....

11.Solawat to the prophet Muhammad in the last tasyadud. ( sitting in the last rakaah )

12Give first salam.

13.orderly.

I hope the above will be of help to you. Wassallam.

Salam Alaykum wa Rahmatullah "May Peace and mercy of Allah be upon you"

Brother abdur

Brother there is Nothing wrong with learning

PRayer is important but the will and Intention are Equally important since you have that both you have achieved Already more then half your Trip :sl:

For verses To study i suggest learning Surah fatiha in steps.

you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetishwar(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam/holy_quran_(pi...l)/sura001.html

and surah Al-ikhlas very Short and Easy to Learn into arabic

you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetishwar(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam/holy_quran_(pi...l)/sura112.html

About Salat in general and Verses and it has Good link for further research :sl:

you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamicboard(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/prayer/1342835...hen-prayer.html

How To pray salat :no: a seven step video

you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetyoutube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch?v=DaKb2zX1QBs