Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
m0nica3

When Does Ramadan Begin?

Asalaam Alykum Brothers and Sisters,

I am lost. I have been trying to figure this out, and i really dont know, so i need some help here. I came here to see when Ramadan starts, but according to the counter, it is Friday, but then i looked on my local site for prayer timings, and it says Saturday. I live in Vancouver, BC. Can someone help me figure out the correct date, as i would really not like to start off Ramadan on the wrong day..

PropellerAds

According to you are not allowed to post links yetramadan.co.uk, Saudi sources have announced saturday as start of Ramadan - 22nd is first day

of fasting insha Allah.

:sl:

According to the Islamic shari'a, Muslims in each country should follow the decision of their own Islamic authority where they live, following their moonsighting. Here is what was already decided and announced in many parts of the world:

- Ramadan starts Friday in:

Turkey, Libya, Italy, Iran, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Oman, Morocco. Mauritania, Shiites in Lebanon and Iraq. The majority of Muslims in Kosovo, Macedonia, Romania, Bosnia, Herzegovina, Serbia, Bulgaria, Montenegro, Albania, Slovenia and Russia will follow Turkey. Germans of Turkish backgrounds, who make up the majority of the Muslim minority, also follow Turkey. The European Council for Fatwa and Research (ECFR) said Ramadan starts Friday based on astronomical calculations.

- Ramadan starts Saturday in:

Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Malaysia, Singapore, the Philippines, China, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, the United Arab Emirates, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, sunnis of Iraq, Palestine, Sudan, Yeman, France, Belgium, Spain, Switzerland, USA.

Muslims living in non-Muslim countries are advised to follow the Islamic authorities in the country where they live. In the case where there is no Islamic authority there, they can follow the nearest country to them.

Whether you're starting your fast Friday or Saturday, I wish you all Ramadan Mubarak :sl:

Ramadan Mubarak to everyone! In North America, those who follow Fiqh Council of North America and ISNA, we inshallah will start Ramadan on Saturday August 22, 2009. Taraweeh will be Friday night inshallah August 21, 2009. I think inshallah everyone in North America will start together. (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yethilalsighting(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yethilalsighting(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/[/url] is another group followed here in North America. Ramadan Mubarak to all inshallah.

According to the Islamic shari'a, Muslims in each country should follow the decision of their own Islamic authority where they live, following their moonsighting. Here is what was already decided and announced in many parts of the world:

- Ramadan starts Friday in:

Turkey, Libya, Italy, Iran, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Oman, Morocco. Mauritania, Shiites in Lebanon and Iraq. The majority of Muslims in Kosovo, Macedonia, Romania, Bosnia, Herzegovina, Serbia, Bulgaria, Montenegro, Albania, Slovenia and Russia will follow Turkey. Germans of Turkish backgrounds, who make up the majority of the Muslim minority, also follow Turkey. The European Council for Fatwa and Research (ECFR) said Ramadan starts Friday based on astronomical calculations.

- Ramadan starts Saturday in:

Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Malaysia, Singapore, the Philippines, China, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, the United Arab Emirates, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, sunnis of Iraq, Palestine, Sudan, Yeman, France, Belgium, Spain, Switzerland, USA.

Muslims living in non-Muslim countries are advised to follow the Islamic authorities in the country where they live. In the case where there is no Islamic authority there, they can follow the nearest country to them.

Whether you're starting your fast Friday or Saturday, I wish you all Ramadan Mubarak :sl:

Assalamu Alaikum. Where did you find this out. What website if you don't mind sharing. Shukran Jazeeran! Jazakah Allah. Ramadan Kareem.

Salam.

Salam.

Ramadan Mubarik. For us Maldivians, its tommorow, 22nd Saturday 2009

Wish you all good luck in ur prayers for the whole month

Salam

Assalam o alaikum,

We have ours starting in Pakistan on Sunday the 23rd of August. We're probably the only country starting on Sunday which I find kind of strange.

Anyhow - Ramadan Kareem Mubarak to everyone!

Wassalam

Assalamu Alaikum, We are going to be fasting from tomorrow ( Saturday) inshaAllah.

Alhamdulillah we have Taraweeh in our house this year, and the whole Qur'aan will be rcited inshaAllah, I am so thankful to Allah for this honour.

I am sure in India and many othe East Asian countries Ramadhan will be starting on Sunday most probably.

Assalamu Alaikum.

salam sister umahmed

wow, thats cool and nice to hear.

Nop nop, for us its saturday and Maldives lies under India and just after srilanka.

I am sure in India and many othe East Asian countries Ramadhan will be starting on Sunday most probably.

Assalamu Alaikum.

Yes aunty inshallaah, fast is from tommorow onwards.

Ramadhaan mubarak.