Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Laith

Ramadan Question

:sl:

Last night I had slept at my friend Muslim friend Rameen's house, and this morning we had woken up late (I'll be making up for Fajr at Zhuruhr today) and noticed that even though it was after the time to start fasting his Muslim family had still served breakfast. It had made me very confused, though had told me that "because we missed the Fajr meal, it's ok". Honestly, I didn't know if I really believed this, but because they were good Muslims, I had taken their word and decided to eat. I really question though if that was correct... God forgive me if it was wrong...

Wasalaam

PropellerAds

Assalamu Alaikum, It was wrong to eat after the time of Sahoor, You should have listened to your heart and not eaten breakfast. You should make up for the fast because your fast is not valid.

In Ramadhan we have to finish eating Sahoor (pre dawn meal) before dawn approaches that is before the Fajr time has started. If someone eats without realsing that the time for Fajr has started then they would be exempted but when you know that the the time for Fajr has started and you have overslept and even missed Fajr, then you should have fasted without Sahoor. Your friend's parents should be educated on this matter, they probably do not know.

Assalamu alaikum.