Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
zebanoor

Confused

Salaam, hope everyone is in good health.

I made this topic because am extremly confused. I have quite alot of passion to learn Islam, i enjoy reading books and going to talks whenever i get an opporunity.. Recently i have been attending talks and they have been benificial for me mashallah, they have motivated me alot. I have always looked up what i have not been sure about and had doubts about. Well the problem is i have discoverd there are so many differences and opinions in matters and its confused me. Yes we should all follow the quran and sunnah.

People bring hadiths out of anywhere and am lost...

Can you recite the quran in the graveyard, be it surah yaseen? here i have found hadiths that say its allowed and others that say you shouldnt read.

As i was discussing this matter with a friend it seemed like she totally made out i was dumb, saying learn the basics before you jump into detail. Its really put me off now. I just felt like she was judging me making out she knew more then me, fair enough i dont wear a jilbab but it doesnt mean i know less then her. I just felt like she belittled me, Now it seems like this topic should be in the counselling section.

Ok back to what i am trying to say, how can i make sure what i hear from people isnt nonsence and made up stuff. Why is there so many opinions in matters, Isnt Islam meant to be straight forward?Why is there such a divide. How do i know what i am doing is right?

PropellerAds

My advice is:

1.) Choose a Madhab - (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetmasud.co.uk/Islam/nuh/madhhabstlk.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetmasud.co.uk/Islam/nuh/madhhabstlk.htm[/url]

2.) Find a teacher qualified in that madhab with a written ijazah (very important) to teach you. If you cant find a physical teacher there are places online that offer very good courses such as you are not allowed to post links yetsunnipath(contact admin if its a beneficial link) and you are not allowed to post links yetseekersguidance(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

3.) Be patient and try to think best of others.

If you do the above. 90% of your questions will be answered.

Regarding reciting at the graveyards. The vast majority of scholars says its fine or recommended. The small number of people who oppose it oppose it with a passion and they have their daleel (evidences). No one says its obligatory so if you are uncomfortable then don't do it.

as salaamu alaykum,

My advice is:

Learning arabic

After you learn arabic you can choose a madhab to start your fiqh studies but its not obligatory.

And most people think theres difference of opinion in most of the cases, but its the opposite, nobody has difference of opinion in for example: lying, being good to ones parents, fulfilling ones promise, helping our brothers, etc.

:sl:

Best advice your freind gave learn the basics... how many of us know the ins and outs of the fundamentals of Tawhid?

Assalamualikum

Sister, ask Allah to guide you to the right path and ask him and make sincere duaa with all your heart and ask Allah that he shows you the right opinions and the right ways. Allah is the one who will help you inshAllah.