Islamic Forum

Assalam alaikum,

My husband and I reverted last night when he came home from his shift. I am so happy this morning, and I feel better than I can ever remember feeling. I lived a very bad life in my past (as well as my husband...I'm just so glad we found each other...I feel I would have been lost without his guidance..he lived through a lot of what I went though in our early relationship.), and I am very happy to put it behind me. I really don't wish to go into much detail, as it is embarrassing; but drug use, married young to someone slightly (three years...not that bad?) older against my parents advice(the only thing I feel I have done right until last night), and drank to the point of addiction. I have made many mistakes and feel truly blessed to have this opportunity to begin again; Islam offers me not only spiritual fulfillment and happiness, it also gives me a clear discipline to follow and embrace. Something that I have been missing my entire life. I feel as if I was intended to live through those times so as to appreciate Islam more deeply once finally shown the way. This has been a decision my Husband and I have been considering for a long time, but were unable to quit our drinking; we did not wish to start our journey unable to uphold even the simplest requests. We are both sober four months now, and we both finally felt able to live the correct way; we feel so blessed to have been brought to Islam as we feel we may have been totally lost if we continued down the path we were headed. My husband has been offered a job in Psychology, his degree, in Ohio and can finally leave his job as a police officer; this makes me extremely happy because now I don't have to worry about him all day at work. We will be moving back to my home state of Ohio where he will be working as an assistant to a doctor! He's even been offered the option of finishing his masters and doctorate, and his new job will allow me to not work and attend college; something I have always hoped to do but never have been able to afford. Ever since even considering reverting our lives had become truly blessed. I will start my studies this January, and I am extremely excited! I will be majoring in both Islamic Studies and Arabic with a minor is Theological Philosophy; I know it's pointless since when we have kids we've decided that, if we can afford to, I can stay home with them (something I have always hoped to do, I just don't think I would feel comfortable leaving my children with a sitter or daycare when I can be home with them) , but I am just excited to learn as much as I can about this great religion; and I hope those degrees will help make me a parent better prepared to educate my children in the ways of Islam. (I'm only 21, so it's a few years off..but I can't wait to be a mom!).

Anyway, that's my story; nothing to interesting, ha. Again, it is nice to see life finally becoming filled with hope! He's going to fly to Ohio today to finalize the purchase of our new home, so I"m very excited today :sl: I never thought we'd have a home! I'm just a little jittery until I hear he's landed safely (I'm absolutely terrified of flying...) so sorry if I've rambled on to long in this post. Just felt like sharing my story...

Best wishes,

Alice

Assalamu Alaikum Alice, Alhamdulillah. I can tell you without doubt that you and your husband have made the right decision and I make duaa that Allah keeps on guiding you every step of the way. It might be a bit hard at times but beleive me, you will enjoy every bit of sacrifice you will have to make.

My sincere advice to you and your husband is to move close to a Masjid in Ohio and frequent the house of Allah, you will meet Muslims there who will support you and help you in matters that you might need help with. If there are any questions you can always post in the New Muslim Questions section and someone will help you inshaAllah.

I would like to request ou at this time to remember me in your duaas as well as the other members on the Forum. You see the thing is, now that you have converted to Islam you and your husband are as pure as a new born child, all of your previous sins have been forgiven, so you don't even need to talk about it or dwell on it, unless it is to thank Almighty Allah by seeing where you were and where Allah has brought you now.

Congratulations to you and your husband for making the best decision anyone could.

Salaam and duaas.

Assalamo alaikum

Its truly wonderful to hear that. We are now blessed with a new sister and a new brother in Islam. May Allah always guide you and keep you in the true path.

Me too would be much grateful if you remember me and my family in your duaa/supplication/prayers, it means so much, coming from a new born Muslim with a pure and clean slate.

Feel free to shower us with all your questions in the coming weeks. The members of this forum always feel thrilled and happy when they can help a new Muslim. Allah willing, we will always be there for you and your loving husband. May Allah reward you with blessings and happiness in this world and the next, ameen.

Thank you both for the encouragement, today I've been pretty busy studying :sl: so hopefully soon I'll know at least the basic knowledge I need to practice properly. I've heard from my husband, but it seems he landed too late to sign today so sleeping nervously till tomorrow. At least he landed safely.

I will remember you all in my prayers, and this forum in general. I'll be sure to let my husband know as well :no: I am more than happy, it's the least I can do for all I have learned from this site and all the help you all have given me.

I do have a question, I sure hope it's not silly to ask; would you mind explaining the greetings and other phrases commonly used for me? I am just starting the Arabic course linked on this site; but I'm not very far yet :sl:.

Thank you all so much again, you have all made me feel very welcome.

:sl:

As Salaamu Alaikum sister Alice Grace

welcome to the Islamic family. may Allah SWT grant you the "grace" to progress on the path of Islam. your enthusiasm is infectious. reading about people like you who have reverted to Islam is really heartwarming.

you had asked about the phrases used. the first one is :sl: which is "As Salaamu Alaikum" meaning "Peace be on you". We generally start any post on Islamic Forum with this greeting. This is also how we greet each other when when we meet in real life. The reply to that is "Wa Le Kum As Salaam" meaning "peace be on you also" . Soon you will learn more phrases " Insha Allah" (as Allah Wishes).

Assalamu alaikum

As Salaamu Alaikum sister Alice Grace

Welcome to Islam..I have to ask.. did anyone cry (you or yr husband)? Just curious..

ard

Assalamo alaikum

Here is a post displaying Islamic definitions:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/show.php/showtopic/29262.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/show.php/showtopic/29262.html[/url]

And here is a list of Islamic smileys that we commonly use in this forum:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=2820"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=2820[/url]

:sl: As Salaamu Alaikum Sister!

Welcome to the Islamic family. I Pray Allah(swt) gives you and your husband many blessings and keeps you on the right path; Ameen. Your reversion story was very heart warming. Please keep the Muslim ummah (community) in your prayers.

Salaam. (Peace)

:sl: dear sister

All praises are due to Allah for guiding both of you to the path of truth. I'm truly happy for you and I pray that you will find an abundance of contentment and well-being as a Muslimah. Please feel free to count on us when you need help understanding our religion as you begin your journey.

As Salaamu Alaikum Brothers and sisters,

Thank you all so much for all the help you have offered and your encouragement. Brother Rahimi, yes there were tears :sl: I have only seen my husband cry on a very few occasions, so it was nice to see how much this means to him. We are both working on memorizing our prayers, we have been randomly "testing" each other though the day so hopefully we will have them really soon. This site has a lot of amazing information so we have been trying our best to work though all of it, and better understand Islam. I will be sure to ask any questions I may have, it is nice to know everyone is so willing to help us understand :sl:.

I hope you are all doing well, and we will continue to remember you all in our prayers.

Salamm,,

<Brother Rahimi, yes there were tears>

I knew it! Watched a quite a number of people took their sahadah on several occasions and every single time, people kind of became choked with emotion and most were in tears. This is something people like me (born Muslim) never get to go through, and I must admit that I get a little bit jealous ( and happy at the same time :-) )

May Allah abundantly bless both of you & make the rest of the journey to Him easy…

ard

As Salaamu Alaikum sister Alice Grace,

I am very happy to you and your husband for convert Islam, I am writing you from Turkey and I want to advice you the better way to learn Islam to

visit you are not allowed to post links yetharunyahya(contact admin if its a beneficial link), this site is really amazing, you can find more than 200 wonderfull book, so many amazing documentaries and web sites,

please also visit (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.harunyahya.tv/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.harunyahya.tv/[/url] and watch all interviews of Harun Yahya who is a famous writer all over the world!

After visit these web pages, and read books and watched documentaries pls write me your opinion.

Best wishes from Turkey.[using large font size is not allowed]

Salaam, mashallah, may Allah swt keep you on the right path. Congratulations xxx

Guest Ph3N0m3N4L

Visit this site if you would like to learn more..its also overpopulated and its a forum! :sl:

remember me too..im just 12 yr old...and is from sweden which means my english sucks

:sl:

TAHTS GREAT NEWS I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!! :sl:......... please let me know if i can help you in anyway :no:!!!!!!!!!

Asalam a laikum

Congrats to you and your husband. My name is Mehreen and I am new to this forum.

I am also new to this journey to Islam it would be nice to have a sister to share experiences in this new jorney.

May Allah Bless you and your family.

Wasalam

As Salam Alikum Sister!

Welcome to the Islamic family.

assalam alaikum dear Alicegrace!

i'm so happy for you my dear sister :no:

i'm new to this forum and anxcious to have new friends

i'm from lebanon so excuse me for my english :sl:

i'm jut curious how did ur journey to Islam start? who guided u both?

welcome to Islam!you and ur husband r soo lucky and blessed to make this right decision

best wishes and i ask Allah to join us in paradise(jannah) :sl:

I know this was posted a while back but al-hamdullilah its a lovely story. I'm so glad you've found that sense of fulfillment in Islam I pray Allah keeps you on the straight path. And as other people have said try to find other Muslims to help you on this journey. Jazakullah for sharing :sl: