Islamic Forum
Imaan_

What Does Islam Say About 2012?

asalamalakum :sl:

with all this chaos about the world coming to an end in the year 2012, my mind has been flooded with thoughts.

i never believed in this until the movie, which changed my mind insane amounts. i simply believed the europeans conquered mexico, and the mayan race died out due to them conquering so they never got to finish their calendar.

what do you believe? and what does Islam say about this?

PropellerAds

Wa Alaykom Assalam Wa RahmatuAllah

We don't know when the world will come to an end, it is only Allah who knows it. He set the date and it will happen when He wants. Sure we can guess and all, but it makes no difference. We should try our best to be the best muslims as we can, no matter when the end of the world is. :sl:

Don't think about these too much, because it really doesn't matter when it happens. :sl:

There are of course the signs which will happen before the Judgement Day, but even with the help of the signs we cannot predict the EXACT date or year. :no:

Wasalaam,

Safiyyah

Actually that's a common Mistake that people make.

You see the Mayan calender does not stop at 2012 it only seems like that because there were two cycles in the Mayan calender one which lasts a good couple of thousand of years and another that lasts another couple of thousand years.

So at 2012 one cycle will stop and another cycle will begin it just seems like the calender stops at 2012 because people didn't know about the second cycle until recently.

:sl:

2012 is just a movie where they take small amounts of facts and make it into big budget hollywood fiction to attract revenue!

There are many things that will occur before the end of days and this is well documented in our hadiths etc. So rest assured end of the world is not happening in 2012 :no:.

Lots of theories about 2012. They're interesting, but that's all they are. It's very smart of hollywood to cash in on it.

Assalamu alaikum, Yes smart of Hollywood to cash in and unfortunately they make it in such a way that so many people believe it, Did any of you see PLANET OF APES, I did not see it but heard about it, imagine Apes in the White House, hehehehe.

On a serious note, FORGET 2012, if we die tomorow then the Whole World ends tomorrow for us 2012 is too far away. Anyways, lets not worry about when the World ends and put our thoughts towards how much are we prepared before we leave the World, because then we have to face Almighty Allah and give in our accounts. May Allah make us worth while in this World and in the Hereafter, ameen.

Salaams.

Salam.

lol oh wow you know my dad were all like lets watch a movie tonight and guess what movie it is. Yes 2012. lol I was so confused my dad told me he doesn't believe any of this but it can happen. like the scientist measures the accuracy of the planet going to allign and stuff. sometimes they're pretty accurate you know but sometimes they're not. but I like to think that they're not. lol.. Just make lots of ibaadah, repent stuff like that. :sl: ohh man I really want to perform Hajj but my family and I don't have enough money for that. lol ok out of topic. :sl:

Salam and peace. [##][/##]/^^

assalaamu alaykum,

the mayan civilisation died out because they over-used their natural resources which led to mass starvation and canabalism. By the time the Spanish got there and finished them off there was almost nothing left of the culture.

Now should we as muslims take seriously a prediction of the world ending by a bunch of mushrikeen? obviously not.

We have been given signs from Allah in the Sunnah to point to the end days and we are no where near just now with many of the major signs not being met for even the coming of Eesa (as) nevermind the ending of the world which comes a long time after this.

assalaamu alaykum,

Daw'ud

the mayan civilisation died out because they over-used their natural resources which led to mass starvation and canabalism. By the time the Spanish got there and finished them off there was almost nothing left of the culture.

I don't believe it is necessary to denigrate the Mayans with colonialist rhetoric in order to dismiss the end of the world based on a misconception regarding their calendar. And quite frankly, you weren't there, so it would seem advisable to tread lightly when your account is based on the word of either colonialists or those native tribes that had an interest in portraying the Mayans in a negative light. It would be akin to asking ###### Cheney to give us an account of Islam and its history.

Edited by the sad clown

you are right in that people could have lied about them afterwards, and history is written by the winners.

but most civilisations do what the mayans are reported to have done, killed themselves by relying upon harvests staying the same or thinking a finite resource will last forever and keep fueling the population boom they go through.

We do the same with oil today, we dont realise our whole modern civilisation is built upon a resource which is going to run out and when it does we go the same way as the mayans as not only the transport, but even the production of our food and water is reliant upon this one resource which is finite and due to run out shortly (from a historical point of view)

I understand that one of the theories of the Mayan decline was overpopulation and an over-use of local resources, but to blame them for that when the processes involved were likely unknown to them seems overly harsh. We don't blame the Sumerians or the Indus valley civilization for not understanding soil salinity and the effects of irrigation in poor drainage areas, even though we know this is what likely lead to their respective declines. Don't make a knowledge issue into a moral one.

didnt do sad clown, i was just pointing out first of all that although the spanish have a lot to answer for in central and south america, the mayan civilisation was already on its knees due to its own decline.

that was a seperate point to taking matters regarding the end of the world, where we have strictly authenticated knowledge from the last and final messenger of God - Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him), that therefore we shouldnt take this knowledge from dubious sources.

But you have no reason to conclude that the Mayans were a dubious source. This is your assumption. Have you even tried to investigate the matter. The idea that the world is ending doesn't come from the Mayans, and even if it did, you can't discount it because they failed to understand the more complicated mechanisms of local ecology and how their agricultural practices were unsustainable.

there temples covered in idols means that from an Islamic perspective they are a dubious source.

i.e if they had been misled by the devil into idolitry i am not likely to take religious prophesy from them seriously either (even if it was one big misunderstanding and they never predicted any such thing).

That's fine. I didn't expect you to take their religious prophesy seriously. I just didn't want you being dismissive of what they did accomplish.

there building are still standing today, some after nearly a millenium of not being occupied and were all constructed without metal tools or the wheel.

if you look around the world you see many different cultures, most of which are dismissed by the west or ignored if they dont fit into their preconditioned viewpoint of the development of modern civilisation.

a classic example is the expression 'the dark ages'

not dark for most of the world, but there are people all over the world who ignore history and are told nothing interesting or important happened.

so the rising of a new way of life - Islam is ignored, as is its victories over the two super powers of the day - persia and the western roman empire.

so i see where you are coming from as i come across it when studying history all the time and i know the west will do this with other cultures, not just the Islamic one.

Actually, the term "Dark Ages" was more culturally self-referential, and was the product of the Renaissance and later Enlightenment periods disdain for the cultural accomplishments, both intellectual and artistic, of the period that preceded it (the Enlightenment did for "Scholasticism" what Plato did for "Sophism", reducing their opponents to caricatures). As far as I know, it has no connotations for cultures outside of Western Europe. It is reflective of a sort of cultural myopia, but it is aimed at others of the past, and not geography. Not that Western Europeans and their progeny lacked in terms of ethnocentricity, but merely that the term "Dark Ages" isn't one of them.

so the rising of a new way of life - Islam is ignored, as is its victories over the two super powers of the day - persia and the western roman empire.

Maybe I am a little ignorant too. What victory did Islamic powers (I assume you mean the Umayyad Caliphate) have over the Western Roman Empire? I was under the assumption that after 395, the Roman Empire was permanently divided and that even the pretense of its existence ended with the abdication of Romulus Augustus in 476. Am I missing something?

my typo... meant eastern roman empire.

the romans had always seen the persians as their traditional enemies in this region and visa versa, modern day iraq falling under persian influence and syria westwards being under roman rule and law.

but both saw the new rule of Allah as a threat to them and their influence in the region.

khalid bin al waleed, who was a companion of Muhammad (saws), a man who never lost a battle in his life, was sent by Abu Bakr to take on the might of the persians and the romans, taking iraq and syria but was removed from command as the next ruler (Umar bin al Khattab) believed that men were starting to venerate him, believing victory came from him not from Allah but he continued to fight as an ordinary soldier.

later muslim armies completed the destruction of the rest of the persian empire and took land all the way upto palestine off the romans, before then taking egypt and other north african colonies from them before the muslims within 100 years of the death of Muhammad (saws) swung up into italy from the sea, taking what is now sicily and at one point putting rome under siege.

I see, yes, that makes much more sense chronologically. These things (wars, battles, victories, etc) are often matters of luck (or the will of Allah) and ingenuity, and the expansion of Islam exhibited both of these to a great degree. The fatigue after years of constant warfare between the two empires certainly opened a door to the Islamic invaders, but there is no taking away from them the skill they brought to bear on that opportunity.

Edited by the sad clown

I see, yes, that makes much more sense chronologically. These things (wars, battles, victories, etc) are often matters of luck (or the will of Allah) and ingenuity, and the expansion of Islam exhibited both of these to a great degree. The fatigue after years of constant warfare between the two empires certainly opened a door to the Islamic invaders, but there is no taking away from them the skill they brought to bear on that opportunity.

I think you are right...

there building are still standing today, some after nearly a millenium of not being occupied and were all constructed without metal tools or the wheel.

if you look around the world you see many different cultures, most of which are dismissed by the west or ignored if they dont fit into their preconditioned viewpoint of the development of modern civilisation.

On the contrary - I would bet that the vast majority of tourists who visit Mayan sites are 'western', and that most archaeology carried out on them is reported in "western" scientific journals (not that a scientidfic journal can really be western or eastern) - much of the archaeology is carried out in partnership ith 'western' institutions. Ditto most other archaelogical sites in South/Central America and indeed around the world. After Hindus, the next largest group to visit Hindu temples would be western. I never met a Muslim tourist in a Hindu temple. The same applies to most other cultures. I agree that there are xenophobes in the west, but there are also a lot of people who are open to other cultures. And they don't dismiss the Myans as 'idol worshippers'.

Now, tell me about the indigenous cultures of West Papua, currently under Indonesian occupation and being destroyed by trans-migration from Java. If the words "primitive" and "ignorant" aren't used I will be surprised.

Edited by wattle

asalamalakum :sl:

with all this chaos about the world coming to an end in the year 2012, my mind has been flooded with thoughts.

i never believed in this until the movie, which changed my mind insane amounts. i simply believed the europeans conquered mexico, and the mayan race died out due to them conquering so they never got to finish their calendar.

what do you believe? and what does Islam say about this?

Salam alaikum

How can it be 2012 when Allah said in the Quran that it will come when we are unaware of it and none have its knowledge, except Allah..

Quran

[43.66] Are they looking for anything except the Hour (to overtake them). It will come upon them suddenly when they are unaware!

[47.18] Are they looking except for the Hour to overtake them suddenly? Its signs have come. But how will they be reminded when it has come to them?

[79.42] They will question you about the Hour: 'When shall it be? '

[79.43] But how are you to know?

[79.44] Its final end is for your Lord.

and Finally

[7.187] They ask you about the Hour and when it is to come. Say: 'None knows except my Lord. He alone will reveal it at the appointed time. It is heavy in the heavens and earth. It will not come to you but suddenly. ' They will question you, as though you had full knowledge of it. Say: 'Its knowledge is with Allah, though most people are unaware. '

So the hour won't come, but suddenly and a great shock. All this 2012 is nothing, but fiction. We don't know what will happen in 2012, could be anything or nothing. Allah knows best.

Edited by Mercyonmankind

Assalamu Alaykum

We don't have any information what might happen 2012 all I know for sure is that the Year 2012 comes after year 2011.

It is possible that something might happen, but we don't know it. It is for sure however, that the End of the World will not come, because it is too short.

We know that Imam Mahdi will reign for about 7 years and then Isa ben Maryam will reign for a few years and the Hour will appear after all Major Signs are over and after all Believers are gone.

The Hour will fall upon the worst of people, worse than kuffar such as Munafiqeen and others. Believers will die before the Hour strikes.

The Hour is the beginning of the Major Day of Judgment. And all living things will cease to exist until the Resurrection which is the Second Stage of the Day of Judgement.

Chronological Order of Events:

1. Peace Treaty between Muslims and Kuffar enemy

2. Armageddon Part I - Muslims and Romans will fight a common enemy in Filasteen.

3. Muslims are victorious against the common enemy, but not the Romans.

4. Three princes of the Kingdom of Arabia will fight over a treasure that lies under the Kaaba

5. All Muhammad or Ahmad ibn Abdullah Al Mahdi will receives the guidance in one night and he flees to Kaaba because he will be persecuted.

6. Muhammad ibn Abdullah Al Mahdi becomes Khaleefa of the Muslims/Ameer Mu'mineen.

7. A Muslim Army marches to Mecca to kill Imam Mahdi, but they get swallowed by the earth.

8. Imam Mahdi will fight the Arabian Peninsula and will be victorious.

9. Imam Mahdi will fight Iran and will be victorious.

10. Harmageddon Part II - There is a war between Romans and Muslims in a place between Turkey and Syria. The Muslims will be victorious.

11. As soon the war with the Romans is over it will be announced to Imam Mahdi that the Antichrist came out and started corrupting the world. The Imam Mahdi Army will fight against his army until they get surrounded and trapped in Damascus inside the Great Umawi Masjid.

12. In this difficult situation, when all seems to be against them, Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala gives Isa ben Maryam alayhissalam the True Messiah to descend to the Muslims. This will be the end of the False Messiah. Only the True Messiah can kill the False Messiah by his vision and then with a spear.

13. As soon the fight with Antichrist is over Isa receives the order to flee with the Believers to Mount At Tur which is Mount Horeb in the Old Testament in Sinai.

14. They hide there because Gog and Magog will come out and corrupt the world and they are so many that no one can fight them. Isa ben Maryam is the Saviour because he makes supplication to God to kill Gog and Magog (Ya'juj and Ma'juj). Thus, God sends worms into the necks of every person from Gog and Magog. They all get killed, but their corpses will cover the earth and cause harm, so Isa the Saviour will invoke God Almighty against to free the Believers from them and God will send birds that will have necks in the size of the necks of a camel and they eat up the corpses and then rain is sent until the earth is clean.

15. The other Major Signs will appear shortly after.

16. The Believers that are left until the end will be there until the last Major Sign which include the three earthquakes, the coming of the Beast, the Sunrise from the West, the Smoke, and the Fire from Adnan, Yemen.

17. A soft wind or smoke will appear and kill all believers.

18. Only the worst of people are left and they will witness the Apocalypse which is the Beginning of the Hour which strikes sudden. The Hour will strike on a Friday and therefore the Day of Judgment will begin and will be on the Day of Friday, Jumu'ah.

19. The Hour strikes. Every living thing ceases to exist. The human being will cease to exist and perish. Only a tiny mustard seed size particle from the end of our spinecord will be left. The Hour is the beginning of the 50000 year long Day of Judgment and is the First Phase/Stage and the Hour begins with the blowing of a trumpet by the Angel Israfeel/Rafael.

20. God Almighty will send a liquid from the sky on earth. The human beings will grow from their seed which is the tiny particle at the end of the spine that does not perish. This mustard seed size particle will become our seed and we will grow from it like a plant which is the beginning of the Resurrection. After we are recreated the graves pop up and we emerge and we are resurrected naked on earth. We are still on earth. This earth will be flat like a plate or disk. We will stand on sand and the sun is right above our heads, very close. The suffering from the sun depends on our deeds not the sun itself. For some it will be suffering and others are allowed to be under the shade.

21. The people, animals, jinn will be summoned and gathered in this earth. This is the Assembly Period of the Day of Judgment. Everyone has a tiny spot to stand on under the sun on sand which might burn people feet.

22. During this time people will be dressed. Abraham alayhissalam will be dressed first.

23. After the people, animals, and jinn are Assembled there will be a waiting period and people will get tired, so they ask the Prophets to intercede with God Almighty to let the Reckoning/Accountability start. All the prophets refused to intercede except Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wassallam.

24. This is the Intercession Stage: Muhammad the Leader of Mankind intercedes to God Almight by making prostration and God teaches him words to say that was not said before. The Intercession is granted.

25. Jerusalem is a holy place in our life and it will be a special place in the afterlife, because it is a station. Jerusalem is a station, like an airport, because the gates/links to the Heavens and Paradise is above/over Jerusalem.

26. After the Intercession there will be the Elevation, because the Accountability/Reckoning Stage which includes the Meezaan and walking over the Bridge will happen in the Seventh Heaven. How do we get to the Seventh Heaven? Through elevation and the elevation is in Jerusalem. That is why Rasulullah went in his night journey to Jerusalem and then Ascended during the Israa to the Heavens/Paradise and even farther.

27. The Reckoning/Accountability/Meezan will be after the Elevation period. The people will be summoned in ranks. Each prophet will be followed by his nation/believers. The Ummah Muhammad will follow Muhammad. The followers of Moses (Children of israel/Egyptians and other followers) will follow him.

28. God Almighty will begin the Reckoning/Meezaan/Traverse Stage which is the main/major stage of the Day of Judgement with the Ummah Muhammad because Muhammad is the Leader of Mankind and leads all nations on the Day of Judgment.

29. Every prophet will see the fruit of his work in this stage when each nation march in like in a graduation ceremony. Some prophets will be followed by many and some will be followed by only one or even none. Some prophets will walk alone without followers.

30. There will also be people who walk alone with a prophet such as Waraqa bin Naufal who dies before the Divine Call of Muhammad to Prophethood and Messengership. Or was it Naufal bin Zayd?

31. On the Accountability Stage hellfire and paradise are visible and it is dark unless you have your light/noor with you. This noor comes from your deeds/Iman/grey hair. You need the light to cross the Bridge to Jannah.

32. In this stage all accounts will be settled and every person, jinn, and animal will be judged.

33. In this stage Hellfire will be pulled by angels and brought to the view of the people and jinn. After settlement of accounts the animals will turn into dust, but not the jinn and the humans.

34. People will be interrogated and they have to witness. They receive books which either land on the left or right hand. The more questions the greater the punishment. The interrogation is not to find out the truth but to witness before the whole mankind and every person after the trial realizes that their fate is just and the God Almighty is not a Tyrant unto his Slave.

35. We will be able to see God Almighty as clear as we see the sun and the moon. But we cannot view his Face, because His Face will be veiled. God Almighty will only lift this veil for the People of Paradise when they are in Paradise.

36. First the deeds will be reckoned, the they will we weighed on a scale and then the people will receive the report card and they will either be sent to hellfire, or they have to cross the Bridge to Paradise, some may fall from the Bridge into Hellfire and other might cross it very fast or slow depending on the deeds. Some enter hellfire permanently and will stay, but others will leave it again and then enter Paradise.

This is an outline of the chronological order of events.

However, we don't know the dates of these events.