Islamic Forum
Anon1

Why Islam, Im Not Sure What I Want....

So how old does Islam believe the world is?

I dont think Islam says anything particular regarding this matter. I dont know, however, Islam tells us the following

Surathul Yunus chapter 10

47. To every people (was sent) an apostle: when their apostle comes (before them), the matter will be judged between them with justice, and they will not be wronged.

Surathul Nahl chapter 16

36. For We assuredly sent amongst every People an apostle, (with the Command), "Serve Allah, and eschew Evil": of the People were some whom Allah guided, and some on whom error became inevitably (established). So travel through the earth, and see what was the end of those who denied (the Truth).

By name 25 messengers are mentioned in the Quran

* Adam

* Idris (Enoch)

* Nuh (Noah)

* Hud

* Saleh

* Ibrahim (Abraham)

* Isma'il (Ishmael)

* Ishaq (Isaac)

* Lut (Lot)

* Ya'qub (Jacob)

* Yousef (Joseph)

* Shu'aib

* Ayyub (Job)

* Musa (Moses)

* Harun (Aaron)

* Dhu'l-kifl (Ezekiel)

* Dawud (David)

* Sulaiman (Solomon)

* Ilias (Elias)

* Al-Yasa (Elisha)

* Yunus (Jonah)

* Zakariyya (Zechariah)

* Yahya (John)

* 'Isa (Jesus)

* Muhammad

Allah instructs us in the quran

"The Messenger believes in what has been revealed to him from his Lord, as do the men of faith. Each one of them believes in God, His angels, His books, and His Messengers. They say: 'We make no distinction between one and another of His Messengers.' And they say: 'We hear, and we obey. We seek Thy forgiveness, Our Lord, and to Thee is the end of all journeys.'" (Al-Baqarah, 2:285)

How long ago was Adam and Eve created and how long betweeen their creation and The Quran being written?

It is said that between Jesus (Peace Be Upon Him) and Muhammed (S.A.W)it took around 600+ years

Quran is the last book that was sent down to the humankind. Before this book, Allah has gave each messenger a revelation, however overtime those books have been changed. Some of the books that is mentioned in the quran is

Suhuf Ibrahim (Scrolls of Abraham), the Tawrat (Torah ), the Zabur (Book of Psalms), the Injil (Evangel - Gospel) and the Quran.

PropellerAds

So how old is the world? how old is mankind?

Also, lets say there are tribes in the amazon who have not been touched by civilization for thousands of years, these people wouldnt have a clue about Islam so is god condemning them to hell from birth as a non-believer?

A friend said there were 7000 Prophets so they would have known but through history i know many of these tribes are known for their canabalism so i doubt a prophet would have a got his point across before they started eating him.

And if i did convert and i go to paradise im sure the idea that the rest of my family are in hell would be torture.

Also, lets say there are tribes in the amazon who have not been touched by civilization for thousands of years, these people wouldnt have a clue about Islam so is god condemning them to hell from birth as a non-believer?

A friend said there were 7000 Prophets so they would have known but through history i know many of these tribes are known for their canabalism so i doubt a prophet would have a got his point across before they started eating him.

The fate of kuffaar who did not hear the message of Islam

Someone has asked me this question (she is about to

become a muslimah). Her statement: 'A lot of others will never meet a Muslim in person. Will they be held responsible for their ignorance? What exactly does this mean: "After the revelation of the Quran who ever receives this message & does not abide by it is a non-believer"?

i. Who is considered to have received the message?

ii. Isn't it possible for people to have not received the message even though the Quran is in existence?'

Praise be to Allaah.

It is part of the justice of Allaah that He does not punish any people until He has first sent a warning to them and unless there is evidence against them. Allaah does not treat anybody unfairly. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “… And We never punish until We have sent a Messenger (to give warning).†[al-Israa’ 17:15].

In his tafseer (commentary) on this aayah, Ibn Katheer (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “These words, ‘…And We never punish until We have sent a Messenger (to give warning)’ tell us of the justice of Allaah, may He be exalted, and that He does not punish anyone until after He has established evidence against him by sending a Messenger to him. This is like the aayat (interpretation of the meaning): ‘… Every time a group is cast therein [into Hell], its keeper will ask, “Did no warner come to you?†They will say, “Yes indeed; a warner did come to us, but we belied him and said: ‘Allaah never sent down anything (of revelation), you are only in great error.’â€â€™ [al-Mulk 67:8] and: ‘And those who disbelieved will be driven to Hell in groups, till, when they reach it, the gates thereof will be opened (suddenly like a prison at the arrival of its prisoners). And its keepers will say, “Did not the Messengers come to you from yourselves, - reciting to you the Verses of your Lord, and warning you of the Meeting of this Day of yours?†They will say: “Yes, but the Word of torment has been justified against the disbelievers!â€â€™ [al-Zumar 39:71]…â€

A person who has never heard of Islam or the Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and who has never heard the message in its correct and true form, will not be punished by Allaah if he dies in a state of kufr (disbelief). If it were asked what his fate will be, the answer will be that Allaah will test him on the Day of Resurrection: if he obeys, he will enter Paradise and if he disobeys he will enter Hell. The evidence (daleel) for this is the hadeeth of al-Aswad ibn Saree’, who reported that the Prophet of Allaah SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There are four (who will protest) to Allaah on the Day of Resurrection: the deaf man who never heard anything, the insane man, the very old man, and the man who died during the fatrah (the interval between the time of ‘Eesaa (Jesus, upon whom be peace) and the time of Muhammad SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)). The deaf man will say, ‘O Lord, Islam came but I never heard anything.’ The insane man will say, ‘O Lord, Islam came but the children ran after me and threw stones at me.’ The very old man will say, ‘O Lord, Islam came but I did not understand anything.’ The man who died during the fatrah will say, ‘O Lord, no Messenger from You came to me.’ He will accept their promises of obedience, then word will be sent to them to enter the Fire. By the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, if they enter it, it will be cool and safe for them.â€

According to another report, he said: “Whoever enters it, it will be cool and safe for him, and whoever does not enter it will be dragged to it.†(The hadeeth was reported by Imaam Ahmad and Ibn Hibbaan, and deemed saheeh by al-Albaani, Saheeh al-Jaami’, 881).

Everyone who hears the message of Islam in a sound and correct form (and rejects it), will have evidence aginst him. Whoever dies without having heard the message, or having heard it in a distorted form, then his case is in the hands of Allaah. Allaah knows best about His creation, and He will never treat anyone unfairly. And Allaah is All-Seer of His slaves.

From you are not allowed to post links yetIslam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link) by Sheikh al-Munnajjid

I dont think Islam says anything about it.

What Allah says is

"We created the heavens and the earth adn all that is between them in six days, nor did any sense of weariness touch Us" (50:38).

As per the mankind, it started from the creation of Adam (PBUH)

And if i did convert and i go to paradise im sure the idea that the rest of my family are in hell would be torture.

Surathul Al Imran chapter 3

19. The Religion before Allah is Islam (submission to His Will): Nor did the People of the Book dissent therefrom except through envy of each other, after knowledge had come to them. But if any deny the Signs of Allah, Allah is swift in calling to account.

Surathul Al Imran chapter 3

85. If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah., never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter He will be in the ranks of those who have lost (All spiritual good).

May be you can tell them about Islam and believe me, so many had experienced this situations before you. However, the point to be noted is that, it is the nature of the human to accept the truth when they realise it. Remeber about the companions of the prophet who invited their family. There are so many similar cases even today. So why dont you invite your family too. InshaAllah, if He wills they will show them the right path.

So, if someone never discoveres Islam they can live their life how they want? And if they submit to Allah on their day of judgement they can go to paradise?

That seems quite unfair on the millions of muslims who spend their entire lives dedicating their lives to Islam.

That seems quite unfair on the millions of muslims who spend their entire lives dedicating their lives to Islam.

Or you could argue that it is unfair to the non-Muslims who did not have the benefit of a life guided by Islam. I think this could end up a catch-22 question. To me, it seems like a fair deal, both to the Muslims who have received the truth and can benefit from it, and for the ignorant non-Muslim, who is not judged by a standard they were unaware of. Wouldn't that be just, or even merciful, to both parties?

Cool answer by sad clown... I appreciate that.May Allah guide you to the right path...As said in the above fatwa.if a person has never heard about Islam, if is for Allah to judge them as said above..

Dear Anon1. Always know that Allah is Just and Merciful. To him belong all the beautiful names and attributes.

Even today at examination, the centres provide special opportunities and different ways of examining disabled, blind,deaf etc by providing extra time, or providing them special exam papers..etc... They are doing all these so that they could also have an equal qualification like others and they could treat everyone justly.

Am I right?

As per dedicating life to Allah, well Islam is a very moderate religion. Neither its strict, nor it is set loose. You are free to do anything you want . The only thing is that you just need to make sure whether it is inline with the Islamic guidelines....Thats all... For example, if you are travelling on the road, you need to follow the guidelines of the government when driving, else you would end up with an accident

Just to make it more clear for you, for instance, you can and you have the free will to post whatever you want here on gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link), unless it is according to the rules set by the admin...He had to do it for the benefit of all and to keep peace, harmony,to make sure that it is viewable to all etc....

So what do you think? Does that convince you?

May Allah guide you to the right path Ameen

So if god is all mercifull, would he not understand the reasons why i do not believe and show mercy on me,

and am i right on this one... On the day of judgement if you truely repent, you can gain gods forgiveness? and enter paradise?

Also the idea of punishment for the rest of eternity seems quite extreme for the sins we commit during our short life on earth...

So if god is all mercifull, would he not understand the reasons why i do not believe and show mercy on me,

and am i right on this one...

yes you are

On the day of judgement if you truely repent, you can gain gods forgiveness? and enter paradise?

it is before the day of judjment, not on the day of judgement, On the day of judgement you will be judged on what you did so your life is an explanation of how you would end up, and we are ALL LOOKING FOR THE MERCY OF GOD ON THAT DAY.

Also the idea of punishment for the rest of eternity seems quite extreme for the sins we commit during our short life on earth...

Look man Allah says that He and HE ALONE knows who is worthy of being REWARDED with hell. So to you it may seem extreme but Allah knows who is is deserving of hell not us.(this is in no comparasing to Allah but..) Just like how people who get involved and marry a man and then find out that the guy is a mass murderer and child molestor, the police would be like this man deserves the death penalty or life in jail when they find him and arrest him at his house but his wife would be like why are you treating my husband so bad thats not fair he is good to me what you guys are doing is extreem. Bottom line God knows who is worthy of getting Hell

Bottom line God knows who is worthy of getting Hell

So you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

Allah (swt) already knows the reason you are not believing in Him, and you should also know that Allah (swt) has given you the free will on this world to believe or not believe Him.

Dear Anon1 This life is a test from Allah, but if he wants he can convert us all, but then where is the test?

Surathul An'am chapter 6

35. If their spurning is hard on thy mind, yet if thou wert able to seek a tunnel in the ground or a ladder to the skies and bring them a sign,- (what good?). If it were Allah.s will, He could gather them together unto true guidance: so be not thou amongst those who are swayed by ignorance (and impatience)!

Its as if the teacher starts to dictate the answer in the middle of an exam

Isnt He showing mercy on you by still giving you the time to rethink on ur beliefs. Isnt He merciful by giving you time to realise the Islam is the truth? Isnt He merciful by delaying His punishment? Isnt He merciful by showing His signs of existence? Isnt He extremely Merciful by giving you the free will to accept Islam?

So why dont you realise it and believe in Him?

and am i right on this one... On the day of judgement if you truely repent, you can gain gods forgiveness? and enter paradise?

One point to note is that the judgement day is not the day for repentece, but the day of judgement. The door of repentece is open for you before the time of ur death and before the sun rises from the west (a sign of the day of judgement)

For instance, before the exam, you are given the instructions of what to do and you are told well in advance that this is the final test and the marks would become ur ultimate marks. For example, you may be told to study hard, revise all what you have done in the past, correct all the mistakes u have been doing, not to copy,not to cheat, to be honest etc..... However, you have the freewill to do it or not.

Suppose you did not follow ur teachers instruction and appeared on the exam. Later when the marks was published you failed. Now I ask you the question, can you go and repent over what you have done ? No, the time has passed, instructions were given to you well inadvance but you rejected. If he accepts you and passes you then others would object saying that the teacher is not just.

Similarly, Allah (swt) has given you instructions through His messengers and has revealed a book of guidence. The last and final revealation is the glorious Quran which is the user manual for everyhuman kind today. Allah beside being Merciful He is also Just to all of his creation.

Now did my answer help you?

From a young age i have always been in C of E schools where we had to pray and sing hymns, to be honest i never came close to believing, i believe Christianity has so many flaws as its changed so much over the last two thousand years. Although i would say i have had a nice up bringing, My dad is an alcoholic, i was kicked out of my house at 16 (because my dad was drunk and one night i just had enough and a massive arguement ensued), i tried to stay in college but it went downhill from there with a good 2 years of getting absolutely smashed off my face through a variety of different drugs and lots and lots of alcohol, getting to the point where i was starting to feel suicidal, no job, no qualifications and a raging drug habit does that to you. I constanntly looked for an escape and i managed to get an apprentaship in dubai, since then i have stopped Drugs, stopped alcohol infact i have become T-Total but now feel like im missing something, i have many Muslim friends who all seem very eager to convert me and earn lots of "Brownie Points" - i Quote. I still have my doubts, Mainly the whole adam and eve thing and Creationism just does not make any sense to me.

I see all of my Muslim friends are very happy, they all believe in Islam and dont question it, but my problem being an atheist is that i constantly look for flaws within any religeon.

To be honest, i dont know what i want. I want to be happy, i know Islam remains pretty much un changed unllike alot of other religeons but i still dont know if that is what im looking for.

Why would Islam be the one for me? Why is Islam the "right" religeon?

Hello i hope your well and we welcome your questions as without asking how will we ever clear our doubts or misconceptions? Allah is wanting to guide you that is why your heart is inclined to come towards the truth. Firstly Islam began from Adam (As) who was the first man and Prophet of God. Every Prophet and messengers came with the same message to their people from God and that is to establish and call people towards the oneness of God. The last messenger of God Muhammed (Pbuh) was given the last and final revelation (The Qur'an) and came not only for his people but for the whole of mankind.

The Qur'an has remained the same since it was revealed to Prophet Muhammed (Pbuh). This is proven by linguists and for 1500 years until this day no one has found a mistake or contradiction in the Qur'an and believe me people have tried. Also until this day no one has been able to fulfill the challenge set by Allah in the Qur'an for mankind to produce one verse like that in the Qur'an. Countless have tried and failed and God tells mankind to get together and produce one verse yet for 1500 years no one has been successful and no one ever will be successful.

Humans had to have come from somewhere and it is unscientific to say that a human came out of thin air. Then what explanation is there? Everything in this universe and world had to have been created by a designer and shaper. Where did the first matter in the beginning of the universe come from? It could not have come out of the blue? Nothing can just come out of the blue without being created and put there in the first place.

The earth, having been formed, was ordained to very precise specifications; those necessary for the development and support of life on earth. The following are examples:

1) If the size of the earth was somewhat less than its present size, say the size of the moon, its gravity would have been much weaker. This would result in the failure of the earth to retain its atmosphere or water vapour, and thus no life would have been possible. If the size of the earth, on the other hand was larger than its present size, say the size of Saturn or Jupiter, the gravity would have been too strong. This would cause the atmosphere to be compressed too much lower heights resulting in much higher air pressure. This would also abolish life on earth.

2) If the sun was closer to the earth (present distance being 93 million miles) the temperature on earth would rise sharply causing the evaporation of oceans and rivers and the extermination of all life. If the sun was much further away the earth would freeze to death.

3) If the moon was closer to the earth, the tides would rise, causing gigantic waves that would destroy life on islands and coastal areas. If the moon was further away from the earth the tides would come to a standstill leading to the stagnation of seas, the result of which would be grave damage to marine life. These very precise measurements of such variables as distance, mass, speed………..etc. are referred to in the following verses:

"The sun and the moon precisely computed……." 5:55

4) The earth spins on its axis once every 24 hours. If it didn't spin, the oceans would empty all their waters and if it spun much faster it would disperse into empty space.

The spinning movement is also responsible for the night and day, without which one half of the earth would be under continuous sunlight and heat up excessively while the other half would be submerged in total darkness and freeze to death.

The Spinning of the earth is also mentioned in the Quran:

"He (God) coils the night onto the day and coils the day onto the night" 39:5

The use of the word "coils" was once thought to be a purely poetic one, but today's astronomical knowledge confirms that the word”coils" is scientificallly very accurate in describing the spinning movement of the earth.

5) Today we know that the Earth is oval shaped, bulging at the equator. Thirteen centuries ago it was thought that the earth was flat. It was not known then that the earth was round, let alone oval.

The Quran again states that the earth is oval:

"And the Earth, after that, He made it like a deheya" 79:30

The word "deheya" in Arabic means an egg, hence the oval shape. But the verse also includes a further remarkably accurate scientific fact. The words 'after that' clearly indicate that the earth acquired the oval shape at a later stage to its formation. Modern science will testify that the bulging of the earth at the equator is a result of the continuous spinning of the earth on its axis, and thus had to occur sometime after the formation of the earth. The earth spins on it's axis at a speed of one thousand kilometres per hour.

6) The earth rotates round the sun once every 365.25 days. Whilst doing so it is tilted on it's axis at an angle of 33 degrees. As a result, the seasons occur making it possible for the habitation of the planet. If the earth was not tilted on its axis the poles would have been submerged in continuous cold darkness preventing the seasonal thaw of the polar ice. The accumulating ice would eventually result in non shifting frozen poles and little water elsewhere.

The rotation of the earth around the sun was not known in the 7th century. At that time it was still thought of the earth as a non moving planet at the centre of the universe. Due to the apparent movement of the sun, moon and stars in the sky, it was thought that they are moving around the earth.

The movement of the earth in space is confirmed in the following verse:

"When you look at the mountains, you think that they are standing still. But they are moving, like the clouds. Such is the manufacture of God, who perfected everything. He is fully Cognizant of everything you do." 27:88

Since the earth is moving in space thus everything on earth is moving with it, including the mountains.

7) If the earth's crust had been thicker than its present thickness all the oxygen would have been absorbed into the earth. Without oxygen no life would be possible. Similarly, if the oceans were much deeper, all the oxygen and carbon dioxide would have been absorbed into the oceans with similar results.

All these precise specifications were referred to in the following verse:

"It is He who created the heavens and the earth in true proportions." 6:73

The science in the Qur'an which was revealed 1500 years ago conforms with modern day science and many of what the Qur'an contains was discovered not very long ago. Contemplate and ponder over this:

Allah the almighty says in the Qur'an which was revealed over 1500 years ago:

"It is He Who has created you from dust then from a sperm-drop, then from a leech-like clot; then does he get you out (into the light) as a child: then lets you (grow and) reach your age of full strength; then lets you become old,- though of you there are some who die before;- and lets you reach a Term appointed; in order that ye may learn wisdom."

This verse along with many others are just some of the reason's why many scientists in particular have converted to Islam along with many other people over the centurys especially now because more people are converting to Islam in Europe and America especially than any other religion in the world!

The Qur'an contains science that was only discovered recently take a look for yourself:

The Birth of a Human Being

Many diverse subjects are mentioned in the Qur'an in the course of inviting people to believe. Sometimes the heavens, sometimes animals, and sometimes plants are shown as evidence to man by God. In many of the verses, people are called upon to turn their attention to their own creation. They are often reminded how man came into the world, which stages he has passed through, and what his essence is:

"It is We Who have created you. Why, then, do you not accept the truth? Have you ever considered that (seed) which you emit? Is it you who create it? Or are We the Creator?"

(The Qur'an, 56:57-59)

"Does man reckon he will be left uncontrolled (without purpose)? Was he not once a drop of ejected semen?"

(The Qur'an, 75:36-37)

As we have seen, the Qur'an informs us that man is made not from the entire semen, but only a small part of it. That the particular emphasis in this statement announces a fact only discovered by modern science is evidence that the statement is divine in origin.

"We created man from a mingled drop to test him, and We made him hearing and seeing."

(The Qur'an, 76:2)

"He has created both sexes, male and female from a drop of semen which has been ejected."

(The Qur'an, 53:45-46)

The wrapping of muscles over the bones

"(We) then formed the drop into a clot and formed the clot into a lump and formed the lump into bones and clothed the bones in flesh; and then brought him into being as another creature. Blessed be God, the Best of Creators!"

(The Qur'an, 23:14)

The bones of the baby completing its development in the mother's womb are clothed with flesh during one particular stage.

Embryology is the branch of science that studies the development of the embryo in the mother's womb. Until very recently, embryologists assumed that the bones and muscles in an embryo developed at the same time. For this reason, for a long time, some people claimed that these verses conflicted with science. Yet, advanced microscopic research conducted by virtue of new technological developments has revealed that the revelation of the Qur'an is word for word correct.

These observations at the microscopic level showed that the development inside the mother's womb takes place in just the way it is described in the verses. First, the cartilage tissue of the embryo ossifies. Then muscular cells that are selected from amongst the tissue around the bones come together and wrap around the bones.

Three Stages of the Baby in the Womb

In the Qur'an, it is related that man is created in a three-stage process in the mother's womb.

"... He creates you stage by stage in your mothers' wombs in a threefold darkness. That is God, your Lord. Sovereignty is His. There is no god but Him. So what has made you deviate?"

(The Qur'an, 39:6)

As will be understood, it is pointed out in this verse that a human being is created in the mother's womb in three distinct stages. Indeed, modern biology has revealed that the baby's embryological development takes place in three distinct regions in the mother's womb.

God said in the Quran about one of the evil unbelievers who forbade the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, from praying at the Kaaba (Holy Masjid):

Let him beware! If he does not stop, We will take him by the Naseyah (front of the head), a lying, sinful Naseyah (from of the head)! [Holy Quran 96:15-16]

Why did the Quran describe the front of the head as being lying and sinful? Why didn't the Quran say that the person was lying and sinful? What is the relationship between the front of the head and lying and sinfulness?

If we look into the skull at the front of the head, we will find the prefrontal area of the cerebrum, in the area we call the forehead. What does physiology tell us about the function of this area? A book entitled Essentials of Anatomy & Physiology says about this area, "The motivation and the foresight to plan and initiate movements occur in the anterior portion of frontal lobes, the prefrontal area. This is a region of association cortex.." Also the book says, "In relation to its involvement in motivation, the prefrontal area is also thought to be the functional center for aggression..."

So, this area of the cerebrum is responsible for planning, motivating, and initiating good and sinful behavior, and is responsible for the telling of lies and the speaking of truth. So, it is proper for the telling of lies and the speaking of truth. So, it is proper to describe the front of the head as lying and sinful when someone lies or commits a sin, as the Quran says:

...A lying, sinful Naseyah (from of the head)!

Scientists have only discovered these functions of the prefrontal area in the last sixty years, according to Professor Keith L. Moore. [scientific Miracles in the Front of the Head p. 41]

The Expansion of the Universe

In the Qur'an, which was revealed 14 centuries ago at a time when the science of astronomy was still primitive, the expansion of the universe was described like this:

"And it is We who have constructed the heaven with might, and verily, it is We who are steadily expanding it."

(The Qur'an, 51:47)

The word "heaven", as stated in this verse, is used in various places in the Qur'an with the meaning of space and universe. Here again, the word is used with this meaning. In other words, in the Qur'an it is revealed that the universe "expands". And this is the very conclusion that science has reached today.

Orbits

While referring to the Sun and the Moon in the Qur'an, it is emphasized that each moves in a definite orbit.

"It is He Who created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon. They swim along, each in an orbit. "

(The Qur'an, 21:33)

It is mentioned in another verse, too, that the Sun is not static but moves in a definite orbit:

"And the sun runs to its resting place. That is the decree of the Almighty, the All-Knowing. "

(The Qur'an, 37:38)

the entire universe is full of paths and orbits such as this one, is written in the Qur'an as follows:

"By the sky full of paths and orbits."

(The Qur'an, 51:7)

The Protected Roof

The atmosphere only lets rays required for life reach the Earth. Ultraviolet rays, for example, make it to the world only partially. This is the most appropriate range to allow plants to make photosynthesis and eventually for all living things to survive.

In the Qur'an, God calls our attention to a very interesting attribute of the sky:

"We made the sky a preserved and protected roof yet still they turn away from Our Signs.."

(The Qur'an, 21:32)

This attribute of the sky has been proved by scientific research carried out in the 20th century.

The atmosphere surrounding the earth serves crucial functions for the continuity of life. While destroying many meteors big and small as they approach the earth, it prevents them from falling to earth and harming living things.

The Returning Sky

The verse 11 of Sura Tarik in the Qur'an, refers to the "returning" function of the sky.

"By Heaven with its cyclical systems."

(The Qur'an, 86:11)

This word interpreted as "cyclical" in Qur'an translations also has meanings of "sending back" or "returning".

As known, the atmosphere surrounding the Earth consists of many layers. Each layer serves an important purpose for the benefit of life. Research has revealed that these layers have the function of turning the materials or rays they are exposed to back into space or back down to the Earth. Now let us examine with a few examples of this "recycling" function of the layers encircling the Earth.

The Layers of the Atmosphere

One fact about the universe revealed in the verses of the Qur'an is that the sky is made up of seven layers.

"It is He Who created everything on the earth for you and then directed His attention up to heaven and arranged it into seven regular heavens. He has knowledge of all things."

(The Qur'an, 2:29)

"Then He turned to heaven when it was smoke. In two days He determined them as seven heavens and revealed, in every heaven, its own mandate."

(The Qur'an, 41:12)

The word "heavens", which appears in many verses in the Qur'an, is used to refer to the sky above the Earth, as well as the entire universe. Given this meaning of the word, it is seen that the Earth's sky, or the atmosphere, is made up of seven layers.

14 centuries ago, when the sky was believed to be one unified body, the Qur'an miraculously stated that it consisted of layers, and what is more, "seven" layers. Modern science, on the other hand, discovered the fact that the atmosphere surrounding the Earth is made up of "seven" basic layers only very recently.

The Earth has all the attributes that are needed for life. One of them is the atmosphere, which serves as a shield protecting living things. Today, it is an established fact that the atmosphere is made up of different layers lying on top of one another. Just as it is described in the Qur'an, the atmosphere is made up of exactly seven layers. This is certainly one of the miracles of the Qur'an.

The Function of Mountains

"We placed firmly embedded mountains on the earth, so it would not move under them…"

(The Qur'an, 21:31)

In a verse, this role of the mountains is pointed out by a comparison with "pegs":

"Have We not made the earth as a bed and the mountains its pegs?"

(The Qur'an, 78:6-7)

Mountains, in other words, clench the plates in the Earth's crust together by extending above and beneath the Earth's surface at the conjunction points of these plates. In this way, they fix the Earth's crust, and prevent it from drifting over the magma stratum or among its plates. Briefly, we may liken mountains to nails that keep pieces of wood together.

"You will see the mountains you reckoned to be solid going past like clouds."

(The Qur'an, 27:88)

The Movement of Mountains

This motion of the mountains is caused by the movement of the Earth's crust that they are located on. The Earth's crust 'floats' over the mantle layer, which is denser. It was at the beginning of the 20th century when, for the first time in history, a German scientist by the name of Alfred Wegener proposed that the continents of the earth had been attached together when it first formed, but then drifted in different directions, and thus separated as they moved away from each other.

"It is God Who sends the winds which stir up clouds which He spreads about the sky however He wills. He forms them into dark clumps and you see the rain come pouring out from the middle of them. When He makes it fall on those of His slaves He wills, they rejoice"

(The Qur'an, 30:48)

FIRST STAGE: " It is God Who sends the winds..."

Countless air bubbles formed by the foaming of the oceans continuously burst and cause water particles to be ejected towards the sky. These particles, which are rich in salt, are then carried away by winds and rise upward in the atmosphere. These particles, which are called aerosols, function as water traps, and form cloud drops by collecting around the water vapour themselves, which rises from the seas as tiny droplets.

SECOND STAGE: ".... which stir up clouds which He spreads about the sky however He wills. He forms them into dark clumps..."

THIRD STAGE: "…and you see the rain come pouring our from the middle of them"

The water particles that surround salt crystals and dust particles thicken and form raindrops, so, drops that become heavier than the air leave the clouds and start to fall to the ground as rain.

The clouds are formed from water vapour that condenses around the salt crystals or dust particles in the air. Because the water droplets in these clouds are very small (with a diameter between 0.01 and 0.02 mm), the clouds are suspended in the air, and spread across the sky. Thus, the sky is covered in clouds.

In another verse, the following information is given about the formation of rain:

"Have you not seen how God drives along the clouds, then joins them together, then makes them into a stack, and then you see the rain come out of it? And He sends down from the sky mountain masses (of clouds) with cold hail in them, striking with it anyone He wills and averting it from anyone He wills. The brightness of His lightning almost blinds the sight."

(The Qur'an, 24:43)

Scientists studying cloud types came across surprising results regarding the formation of rain clouds. Rain clouds are formed and shaped according to definite systems and stages. The formation stages of cumulonimbus, one kind of rain cloud, are these:

1.STAGE, Being driven along: Clouds are carried along, that is, they are driven along, by the wind.

2.STAGE, Joining: Then, small clouds (cumulus clouds) driven along by the wind join together, forming a larger cloud

3.STAGE, Stacking: When the small clouds join together, updrafts within the larger cloud increase. The updrafts near the centre of the cloud are stronger than those near the edges. These updrafts cause the cloud body to grow vertically, so the cloud is stacked up. This vertical growth causes the cloud body to stretch into cooler regions of the atmosphere, where drops of water and hail formulate and begin to grow larger and larger. When these drops of water and hail become too heavy for the updrafts to support them, they begin to fall from the cloud as rain, hail, etc.(10)

We must remember that meteorologists have only recently come to know these details of cloud formation, structure and function, by using advanced equipment like planes, satellites, computers etc. It is evident that God has given us a piece of information that could not have been known 1,400years ago.

The Seas not Mingling with One Another

One of the properties of seas that has only recently been discovered is related in a verse of the Qur'an as follows:

"He has let loose the two seas, converging together, with a barrier between them they do not break through."

(The Qur'an, 55:19-20)

This property of the seas, that they come together yet do not mingle with one another at all, have only very recently been discovered by oceanographers. Because of the physical force called "surface tension", the waters of neighbouring seas do not mix. Caused by the difference in the density of their waters, surface tension prevents them from mingling with one another, just as if a thin wall were between them.

The Birth of a Human Being

Many diverse subjects are mentioned in the Qur'an in the course of inviting people to believe. Sometimes the heavens, sometimes animals, and sometimes plants are shown as evidence to man by God. In many of the verses, people are called upon to turn their attention to their own creation. They are often reminded how man came into the world, which stages he has passed through, and what his essence is:

"It is We Who have created you. Why, then, do you not accept the truth? Have you ever considered that (seed) which you emit? Is it you who create it? Or are We the Creator?"

(The Qur'an, 56:57-59)

"Does man reckon he will be left uncontrolled (without purpose)? Was he not once a drop of ejected semen?"

(The Qur'an, 75:36-37)

As we have seen, the Qur'an informs us that man is made not from the entire semen, but only a small part of it. That the particular emphasis in this statement announces a fact only discovered by modern science is evidence that the statement is divine in origin.

"We created man from a mingled drop to test him, and We made him hearing and seeing."

(The Qur'an, 76:2)

"He has created both sexes, male and female from a drop of semen which has been ejected."

(The Qur'an, 53:45-46)

The wrapping of muscles over the bones

"(We) then formed the drop into a clot and formed the clot into a lump and formed the lump into bones and clothed the bones in flesh; and then brought him into being as another creature. Blessed be God, the Best of Creators!"

(The Qur'an, 23:14)

The bones of the baby completing its development in the mother's womb are clothed with flesh during one particular stage.

Embryology is the branch of science that studies the development of the embryo in the mother's womb. Until very recently, embryologists assumed that the bones and muscles in an embryo developed at the same time. For this reason, for a long time, some people claimed that these verses conflicted with science. Yet, advanced microscopic research conducted by virtue of new technological developments has revealed that the revelation of the Qur'an is word for word correct.

These observations at the microscopic level showed that the development inside the mother's womb takes place in just the way it is described in the verses. First, the cartilage tissue of the embryo ossifies. Then muscular cells that are selected from amongst the tissue around the bones come together and wrap around the bones.

Three Stages of the Baby in the Womb

In the Qur'an, it is related that man is created in a three-stage process in the mother's womb.

"... He creates you stage by stage in your mothers' wombs in a threefold darkness. That is God, your Lord. Sovereignty is His. There is no god but Him. So what has made you deviate?"

(The Qur'an, 39:6)

As will be understood, it is pointed out in this verse that a human being is created in the mother's womb in three distinct stages. Indeed, modern biology has revealed that the baby's embryological development takes place in three distinct regions in the mother's womb.

God said in the Quran about one of the evil unbelievers who forbade the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, from praying at the Kaaba (Holy Masjid):

Let him beware! If he does not stop, We will take him by the Naseyah (front of the head), a lying, sinful Naseyah (from of the head)! [Holy Quran 96:15-16]

Why did the Quran describe the front of the head as being lying and sinful? Why didn't the Quran say that the person was lying and sinful? What is the relationship between the front of the head and lying and sinfulness?

If we look into the skull at the front of the head, we will find the prefrontal area of the cerebrum, in the area we call the forehead. What does physiology tell us about the function of this area? A book entitled Essentials of Anatomy & Physiology says about this area, "The motivation and the foresight to plan and initiate movements occur in the anterior portion of frontal lobes, the prefrontal area. This is a region of association cortex.." Also the book says, "In relation to its involvement in motivation, the prefrontal area is also thought to be the functional center for aggression..."

So, this area of the cerebrum is responsible for planning, motivating, and initiating good and sinful behavior, and is responsible for the telling of lies and the speaking of truth. So, it is proper for the telling of lies and the speaking of truth. So, it is proper to describe the front of the head as lying and sinful when someone lies or commits a sin, as the Quran says:

...A lying, sinful Naseyah (from of the head)!

Scientists have only discovered these functions of the prefrontal area in the last sixty years, according to Professor Keith L. Moore. [scientific Miracles in the Front of the Head p. 41]

The Expansion of the Universe

In the Qur'an, which was revealed 14 centuries ago at a time when the science of astronomy was still primitive, the expansion of the universe was described like this:

"And it is We who have constructed the heaven with might, and verily, it is We who are steadily expanding it."

(The Qur'an, 51:47)

The word "heaven", as stated in this verse, is used in various places in the Qur'an with the meaning of space and universe. Here again, the word is used with this meaning. In other words, in the Qur'an it is revealed that the universe "expands". And this is the very conclusion that science has reached today.

Orbits

While referring to the Sun and the Moon in the Qur'an, it is emphasized that each moves in a definite orbit.

"It is He Who created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon. They swim along, each in an orbit. "

(The Qur'an, 21:33)

It is mentioned in another verse, too, that the Sun is not static but moves in a definite orbit:

"And the sun runs to its resting place. That is the decree of the Almighty, the All-Knowing. "

(The Qur'an, 37:38)

the entire universe is full of paths and orbits such as this one, is written in the Qur'an as follows:

"By the sky full of paths and orbits."

(The Qur'an, 51:7)

The Protected Roof

The atmosphere only lets rays required for life reach the Earth. Ultraviolet rays, for example, make it to the world only partially. This is the most appropriate range to allow plants to make photosynthesis and eventually for all living things to survive.

In the Qur'an, God calls our attention to a very interesting attribute of the sky:

"We made the sky a preserved and protected roof yet still they turn away from Our Signs.."

(The Qur'an, 21:32)

This attribute of the sky has been proved by scientific research carried out in the 20th century.

The atmosphere surrounding the earth serves crucial functions for the continuity of life. While destroying many meteors big and small as they approach the earth, it prevents them from falling to earth and harming living things.

The Returning Sky

The verse 11 of Sura Tarik in the Qur'an, refers to the "returning" function of the sky.

"By Heaven with its cyclical systems."

(The Qur'an, 86:11)

This word interpreted as "cyclical" in Qur'an translations also has meanings of "sending back" or "returning".

As known, the atmosphere surrounding the Earth consists of many layers. Each layer serves an important purpose for the benefit of life. Research has revealed that these layers have the function of turning the materials or rays they are exposed to back into space or back down to the Earth. Now let us examine with a few examples of this "recycling" function of the layers encircling the Earth.

The Layers of the Atmosphere

One fact about the universe revealed in the verses of the Qur'an is that the sky is made up of seven layers.

"It is He Who created everything on the earth for you and then directed His attention up to heaven and arranged it into seven regular heavens. He has knowledge of all things."

(The Qur'an, 2:29)

"Then He turned to heaven when it was smoke. In two days He determined them as seven heavens and revealed, in every heaven, its own mandate."

(The Qur'an, 41:12)

The word "heavens", which appears in many verses in the Qur'an, is used to refer to the sky above the Earth, as well as the entire universe. Given this meaning of the word, it is seen that the Earth's sky, or the atmosphere, is made up of seven layers.

14 centuries ago, when the sky was believed to be one unified body, the Qur'an miraculously stated that it consisted of layers, and what is more, "seven" layers. Modern science, on the other hand, discovered the fact that the atmosphere surrounding the Earth is made up of "seven" basic layers only very recently.

The Earth has all the attributes that are needed for life. One of them is the atmosphere, which serves as a shield protecting living things. Today, it is an established fact that the atmosphere is made up of different layers lying on top of one another. Just as it is described in the Qur'an, the atmosphere is made up of exactly seven layers. This is certainly one of the miracles of the Qur'an.

The Function of Mountains

"We placed firmly embedded mountains on the earth, so it would not move under them…"

(The Qur'an, 21:31)

In a verse, this role of the mountains is pointed out by a comparison with "pegs":

"Have We not made the earth as a bed and the mountains its pegs?"

(The Qur'an, 78:6-7)

Mountains, in other words, clench the plates in the Earth's crust together by extending above and beneath the Earth's surface at the conjunction points of these plates. In this way, they fix the Earth's crust, and prevent it from drifting over the magma stratum or among its plates. Briefly, we may liken mountains to nails that keep pieces of wood together.

"You will see the mountains you reckoned to be solid going past like clouds."

(The Qur'an, 27:88)

The Movement of Mountains

This motion of the mountains is caused by the movement of the Earth's crust that they are located on. The Earth's crust 'floats' over the mantle layer, which is denser. It was at the beginning of the 20th century when, for the first time in history, a German scientist by the name of Alfred Wegener proposed that the continents of the earth had been attached together when it first formed, but then drifted in different directions, and thus separated as they moved away from each other.

"It is God Who sends the winds which stir up clouds which He spreads about the sky however He wills. He forms them into dark clumps and you see the rain come pouring out from the middle of them. When He makes it fall on those of His slaves He wills, they rejoice"

(The Qur'an, 30:48)

FIRST STAGE: " It is God Who sends the winds..."

Countless air bubbles formed by the foaming of the oceans continuously burst and cause water particles to be ejected towards the sky. These particles, which are rich in salt, are then carried away by winds and rise upward in the atmosphere. These particles, which are called aerosols, function as water traps, and form cloud drops by collecting around the water vapour themselves, which rises from the seas as tiny droplets.

SECOND STAGE: ".... which stir up clouds which He spreads about the sky however He wills. He forms them into dark clumps..."

THIRD STAGE: "…and you see the rain come pouring our from the middle of them"

The water particles that surround salt crystals and dust particles thicken and form raindrops, so, drops that become heavier than the air leave the clouds and start to fall to the ground as rain.

The clouds are formed from water vapour that condenses around the salt crystals or dust particles in the air. Because the water droplets in these clouds are very small (with a diameter between 0.01 and 0.02 mm), the clouds are suspended in the air, and spread across the sky. Thus, the sky is covered in clouds.

In another verse, the following information is given about the formation of rain:

"Have you not seen how God drives along the clouds, then joins them together, then makes them into a stack, and then you see the rain come out of it? And He sends down from the sky mountain masses (of clouds) with cold hail in them, striking with it anyone He wills and averting it from anyone He wills. The brightness of His lightning almost blinds the sight."

(The Qur'an, 24:43)

Scientists studying cloud types came across surprising results regarding the formation of rain clouds. Rain clouds are formed and shaped according to definite systems and stages. The formation stages of cumulonimbus, one kind of rain cloud, are these:

1.STAGE, Being driven along: Clouds are carried along, that is, they are driven along, by the wind.

2.STAGE, Joining: Then, small clouds (cumulus clouds) driven along by the wind join together, forming a larger cloud

3.STAGE, Stacking: When the small clouds join together, updrafts within the larger cloud increase. The updrafts near the centre of the cloud are stronger than those near the edges. These updrafts cause the cloud body to grow vertically, so the cloud is stacked up. This vertical growth causes the cloud body to stretch into cooler regions of the atmosphere, where drops of water and hail formulate and begin to grow larger and larger. When these drops of water and hail become too heavy for the updrafts to support them, they begin to fall from the cloud as rain, hail, etc.(10)

We must remember that meteorologists have only recently come to know these details of cloud formation, structure and function, by using advanced equipment like planes, satellites, computers etc. It is evident that God has given us a piece of information that could not have been known 1,400years ago.

The Seas not Mingling with One Another

One of the properties of seas that has only recently been discovered is related in a verse of the Qur'an as follows:

"He has let loose the two seas, converging together, with a barrier between them they do not break through."

(The Qur'an, 55:19-20)

This property of the seas, that they come together yet do not mingle with one another at all, have only very recently been discovered by oceanographers. Because of the physical force called "surface tension", the waters of neighbouring seas do not mix. Caused by the difference in the density of their waters, surface tension prevents them from mingling with one another, just as if a thin wall were between them.

Well, from all this...

I am deffinately an Atheist.

I wish there were a god, but there isn't enough evidence to prove it.

Initially i did think i was missing something.... but i realised i only wanted to convert for my girlfriend who i truely love and care about but because i do not want to lie to her, i have confessed that i will never believe and as i do not want to make her try and change her beliefs we have now ended our relationship.

Some people need faith to help them through their troubles but i did it on my own.

It boils down to the Question, Where did god come from?

If everyone stopped believing.... he would cease to exist.

Thus, i think Religeon and God are man made...

Sorry.

Well, from all this...

Initially i did think i was missing something.... but i realised i only wanted to convert for my girlfriend who i truely love and care about but because i do not want to lie to her, i have confessed that i will never believe and as i do not want to make her try and change her beliefs we have now ended our relationship.

Some people need faith to help them through their troubles but i did it on my own.

Sorry.

God will still exist even if everyone stop believing Him..

May your Creator who created your digesting system, which you have no idea how it works have mercy on you and guide you. Ameen..

Reflect: To conclude here are the verses from Quran where The Creator said:

"[2.164] In the creation of the heavens and the earth; in the alternation of night and day; in the ships that sail upon the sea with what is beneficial to the people; in the water which Allah sends down from the sky and with which He revives the earth after its death, and He spread in it from each moving (creation); in the movement of the winds, and in the clouds that are compelled between heaven and earth surely, these are signs for people who understand. "

[3.190] Surely, in the creation of the heavens and the earth, and in the alternation of night and day, there are signs for those with minds.

10.67] He it is who has made the night for your rest and the day to see. Surely, in this there are signs for people who listen.

[13.3] It is He who stretched out the earth and placed upon it firm mountains and rivers. And of all fruits, He has put in it two pairs and drew the veil of night over the day. Surely, in these there are signs for a nation who think.

[20.54] You eat and let your cattle graze. ' Surely, in this there are signs for those of understanding.

and finaly, not the first, and not the last.

[21.37] The human was created of haste. Indeed, I will show you My signs; so do not ask Me to hasten them.

Edited by Mercyonmankind

As i cannot post Links....

Google: how does my digestive system work?

Again...

Where did god come from? who created him?

As i cannot post Links....

Google: how does my digestive system work?

Again...

Where did god come from? who created him?

I see, we know this today with the help of new technologies, a manficent digestive system, which cannot come into existance without a Creator.

No one knows where God came from.

All we know Him through His attributes, which He has informed us about through His messengers. The Creator has 99 names, such as The First, The Last, The One, The Creator, The Fashioner of Forms, The Giver of Life, The Eternal, The Eternally Besought of All, The Everlasting, The Uncaused Cause of All Being etc..

for more check this link (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/Names_of_God_in_the_Qur'an"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/Names_of_God_in_the_Qur'an[/url]

I don't know what answer you would like to expect when The Creator tells you that He is The Eternal.

We should not waste our time in arguing where God come from, but rather try to understand Him and get closer to Him. By being close to Him, He might reveal the secrects and the answer we seek if He so Wills.

The answers to all the questions are Surrender to the Will of The Creator.

Edited by Mercyonmankind

I see, we know this today with the help of new technologies, a manficent digestive system, which cannot come into existance without a Creator.

I didn't know science could demonstrate this. Which study was it that proved this?

Edited by the sad clown

Well, from all this...

You have the free will to accept and reject God. This world is nothing but a test. Allah has provided the signs of His existence...

This is what I first told.. Intention.. You need to have an intention before you start. Good that you realised that you were looking for Islam just for you girl friend, where in such a case, it is wrong....

One should convert for the sake of his Creator, not for a person. It is all about submission your will to your creator, not to someone else...

Sorry.

Again sorry to you. Your statement lies only on Ifs and Buts. If only right.. but Allah has promised that He would preserve His religion.

You may think religion and God are man made, but then someone atleast somewhere at sometime, must prove that this quran was written by Muhammed (PBUH) or by the Arabs, and they should take up the challenges mentioned in the Quran.

As per the concept of God in Islam

Surathul Ikhlas chapter 112

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

1. Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;

2. Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;

3. He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;

4. And there is none like unto Him.

I think that may answer your question. He doesnt have a beginning and He doesnt have an end, and there is nothing like Him

Well, from all this...

Sorry.

Can you give me an explanation in your own words to these 3 questions: 1. Where did the first living organism come from? 1. Where did the first human being from from? 3. Also where did the first matter in existance in the universe come from? I look forward to the reply IN YOUR OWN WORDS. Thanks

Edited by hamza81

Can you give me an explanation in your own words to these 3 questions: 1. Where did the first living organism come from? 1. Where did the first human being from from? 3. Also where did the first matter in existance in the universe come from? I look forward to the reply IN YOUR OWN WORDS. Thanks

I don't want to interfere with your discussion, but what if he doesn't know the answer to those questions? There are a number of theories that science has yet to eliminate regarding your first question, and as far as I know, the current consensus on your last question is that it isn't answerable due to the nature of the universes beginning.

We should not waste our time in arguing where God come from, but rather try to understand Him and get closer to Him. By being close to Him, He might reveal the secrects and the answer we seek if He so Wills.

So why is everyone so willing to just accept god has been there forever? Everyones arguement is that for us to exist we must have had a creator...

But.... For god to exist.... Nope. Hes been there forever.... so where did he start?

flawed theory.

So why is everyone so willing to just accept god has been there forever? Everyones arguement is that for us to exist we must have had a creator...

But.... For god to exist.... Nope. Hes been there forever.... so where did he start?

flawed theory.

You have'nt answered any of my questions all you have done is made an appeal to emotion fallacy. Please answer the questions...

I don't want to interfere with your discussion, but what if he doesn't know the answer to those questions? There are a number of theories that science has yet to eliminate regarding your first question, and as far as I know, the current consensus on your last question is that it isn't answerable due to the nature of the universes beginning.

It is perfectly fine for this is a discussion board so you can join in any discussion you like but would prefer next time if you would speak for yourself rather than for anyone else.

In regards to this question there can NEVER be a scientific answer for it simply because matter has to come from somewhere it cannot just come out of nothing. That is where God comes in. EVERYTHING originates from God as well as all causes and effect (Ocassionalism). Science does'nt disaporve God at all it confirms his existance. He causes all processes to take place and regulates, controls and creates, shapes, forms and causes everything that we can see, hear, touch, and feel around us as.