Islamic Forum
arjmand

Women In Jannah

Hi,

I am a new member so sorry if I posted this in the wrong section.

I have a question about the option for women in Jannah. First of all, will women admitted to Jannah have to marry? Is there an option if they dont want to?

Secondly, if women have to marry, then can they choose hoors(I know this is used for maidens but I dont know the word used for male) or do they have to choose someone from this world?

Thank you for your answers.

PropellerAds

Oops, I mistook this for a different forum. I can't answer your question, but I am sure that others will.

Edited by the sad clown

:sl:

There is nothing that compels anyone to do what they don't desire in Jannah. Jannah will be a place of happiness, it will not be a place with obligations and responsibilities.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked: If a woman is one of the people of Paradise and she did not get married in this world, or she got married but her husband does not enter Paradise, who will she be with?

He answered:

The answer is based on the general meaning of the verses in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Therein you shall have (all) that your inner‑selves desire, and therein you shall have (all) for which you askâ€[41:31]

“(there will be) therein all that inner‑selves could desire, and all that eyes could delight in and you will abide therein foreverâ€[43:71]

So if a woman is one of the people of Paradise and she did not get married, or if her husband is not one of the people of Paradise, when she enters Paradise there will be men who did not get married, and those men will have wives from among the hur al-‘iyn and wives from among the people of this world if they wish.

Similarly with regard to the woman who did not have a husband, or who had a husband in this world but he did not enter Paradise with her, if she wants to get married then she will inevitably have what she desires, because of the general meaning of these verses.

From Majmoo’ Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 2/52

----

Therefore, if a woman desires a husband in Jannah, Allah will make it possible for her to have what she wants from among the believing men in Paradise, not male equivalents of hoor-ul-ayn.

Thank you.

You didnt say what would happen if they did not want to marry at all?

And why is it that men will have hoor-ul-ayn to choose from but not women?

Sorry if I did not get what you already said in your post. I just want to make sure I understand.

(Just an off topic question. How can I send someone a private message? Is it because I am new I cant? Thanks a lot)

I don't know if this will prove helpful or not, but here is a thread I was just involved in discussing the distinctly different yet equal roles of women and men in Islam. These differences might have some impact on the matter you are considering as well:

http://gawaher.com/index.php?showtopic=730106.html

Make sure to read the article from the link in the initial post.

Or just listen to Redeem. I'm just a blind man talking about the color red.

You will be able to send PMs once you have over 10 posts.

Like I said, there are no obligations or responsibilities in Jannah. Allah would not wish for us things that we are reluctant to do. It's not possible for a woman to be (emotionally) against marriage in Jannah if that is what Allah said would be her preference. On the other hand, Allah would not force her to marry if that is not what she desires. Because either of these scenarios contradict His promise that Jannah will be the ultimate reward for the believers and they will have eternal delight within it. You cannot have eternal delight if you are forced to do something you do not wish to do, right?

I wish I could tell you clearly that Allah will make us do ABC and He will do XYZ but descriptions of Jannah are limited. However, in their own way, these descriptions are expansive. The Qur'an might not speak of solutions to hypothetical forced marriages in Jannah, but it speaks of:

“Therein you shall have (all) that your inner‑selves desire, and therein you shall have (all) for which you askâ€[41:31]

If a woman's inner self does not desire marriage, wouldn't that contradict this general verse? But on the other hand, would anyone desire solitude over marriage in Jannah? Allah knows best.

And why is it that men will have hoor-ul-ayn to choose from but not women?

Because Allah knows what will make women happy and it will not be having multiple husbands. People might claim that this is biased, but the only bias is in our perception. We have the perception of worldly people. When we view Jannah, it is with bias that, contrary to eternal happiness promised by Allah, we would find something to be discontent with. But such feelings won't last beyond this world.

I want to add that hoor-ul-ayn are promised only to the male Shaheed (martyr). Among 5 other blessings, the Shaheed is rewarded with 72 wives among the hoor-ul-ayn. The other believing men might have more than one wife but they will be from among the believing women.

Wouldnt women get male servants in Jannah?

Yes. They will serve all of the believers.

“And round about them will (serve) boys of everlasting youth. If you see them, you would think them scattered pearls†[76:19]

Thank you again.

So, can the women choose the male servants as their husband?

The believing men (who are not martyrs) and the believing women can only marry one another. These male servants are a creation of Paradise. They are not created for marriage, but to serve the believers.

Another thing I would like to ask is:

Will a person's feelings be completely changed after arriving in Jannah? For example, if a person does not want to marry in this world, but Allah will cleanse his heart and the person may change his mind. Doesnt that mean that the person's part of personality will be removed?

This idea confuses me. It concerns me because a person might not be able to keep his/her feelings and they might change. I know that Jannah is a totally different place but I am still confused.

Yasir Qadhi in that clip has said there will be a creation for every woman in Jannah, and then he goes on to explain that some scholars believe this creation will be from among the believers and others have said it will be a new creation. He himself did not specify what side he agrees with, and even if he did, it doesn't really change anything.

This "new creation" is not mentioned anywhere in the Qur'an and Hadiths. And based on the fact that not all men marry a new creation themselves, there is no reason to assume that all women will have their own creation.

Thank you. Yes, I overlooked what you said in the last line. Thank you for reminding me.

Another thing I would like to ask is:

Will a person's feelings be completely changed after arriving in Jannah? For example, if a person does not want to marry in this world, but Allah will cleanse his heart and the person may change his mind. Doesnt that mean that the person's part of personality will be removed?

This idea confuses me. It concerns me because a person might not be able to keep his/her feelings and they might change. I know that Jannah is a totally different place but I am still confused.

Think of it like this. When you were a child, were you the same person as you are now? Or have you matured from experience and knowledge? Does that mean your personality was removed? Are you still you?

Perhaps it will be in a similar way. I don't know. And I would say it is better for us to strive to attain Jannah instead of focusing on such unknown issues. Knowledge of the Unseen is with Allah alone.

Yes you are right.

Its just that I read a lot of threads and many people ask this question. They thought it was like brainwashing and they thought that the personality from this world will not remain.

After all, Allah knows best.

I would also like to add that, as sister Redeem said, the descriptions of Jannah are limited. For all we know, perhaps some women could have 'male hoor' in the Jannah, Allahu A'lam, but we wouldn't know, because Allah did not mention it. Why would He? Allah tells us of the rewards of the Jannah to encourage and motivate us to do good, and He knows what would make us happy, and so He mentions it. And as sister Redeem said, 'Allah knows what will make women happy and it will not be having multiple husbands.' On a worldly level, generally women wouldn't get all that excited about the idea of having multiple husbands. So if Allah told us that there will be multiple 'male hoor' as a reward for women in the Jannah, it wouldn't really be encouraging, because that doesn't interest women as it does men, in this world. Perhaps in the Jannah it would, and so Allah would give them that? In which case they would be happy. Or, perhaps Allah will make it not desirable to them, so that they wouldn't want it in the first place? In which case they would also be happy. Allahu A'lam. All we know is that in the Jannah, everyone is glad and happy.

And Allah knows best.

Yes you are right.

Its just that I read a lot of threads and many people ask this question. They thought it was like brainwashing and they thought that the personality from this world will not remain.

After all, Allah knows best.

We cannot fully comprehend Jannah or even Jahanam (hell fire)... we can just be rest assured that in Paradise your whims and desires are fullfilled, there is no evil.... and in Hell you can be rest assured that it will be your worst destination (may Allah protect us from it).... the details of each are not that important in my opinin as laws of nature will not be the same.

I have a question about the option for women in Jannah. First of all, will women admitted to Jannah have to marry? Is there an option if they dont want to?

I recently wrote a (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=36020&st=20"]post [/url]showing how the houri are not a new Islamic idea, but have their origin in the mystical symbolism used for Solomon's temple, some 1,500 years before Muhammad (God rest his soul), albeit without literal sexual functions. In reading for houri, I found this topic and also the following quotations which give two opposite answers:

1) Women can choose:

Mufti Mahmud was asked that if men will receive hurs, what will women receive? He replied that the wives of the believers will stay with their own husbands. Women who never married in this world will be given a choice to get married with any (unmarried) man they wish. If they do not like any of them, a special man will be created for them (similar to the hurs) and Allah will join both of them in marriage. Allamah Alusi also mentions in his tafsir that a person's wife in this world will remain his wife in the hereafter. The love between a Muslim husband and wife is a true love because it will last forever.

THE MAIDENS OF JANNAT, Moulana Abdullah Nana, p21-22

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetmegaupload(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/?d=PVUZ93O2"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetmegaupload(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/?d=PVUZ93O2[/url]

2) Unmarried women and widows (I suppose those who were married but their husband went 'below') will be given to another man:

A man asked the Prophet : 0 Prophet of God, will the inmates of Paradise have sexual intercourse ? He said: Anybody among them will be given sexual strength of seven, persons among you. The Prophet said : An inmate of Paradise will have five hundred hurs, four thousand unmarried women and eight thousand widowed women. Each of them will keep embracing him for the duration of his whole worldly life time.

Ihya' 'Ulum al-Din (Revival of Religious Sciences) (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetnderf(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/islamic_views_death.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetnderf(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/islamic_views_death.htm[/url]

Because the hadiths state that there will be more women than men in hell, it must follow that there will be more men in paradise than women, hence the allotment of women without husbands to other men.

---

Nevertheless, I must comment that as a wife will be with her husband in paradise, what if a wife hated her husband? She is forced by Allaah to remain with her husband. Therefore a higher and nobler interpretation of the relationships in paradise is therefore to be encouraged …

Richard

Nevertheless, I must comment that as a wife will be with her husband in paradise, what if a wife hated her husband? She is forced by Allaah to remain with her husband. Therefore a higher and nobler interpretation of the relationships in paradise is therefore to be encouraged …

Richard

Richard, if you read carefully about the description of paradise, there is no evil there, therefore there would be no hatred and therefore it is not possible for the wife to hate the husband nor anyone would be forced to do anything, get it? Women would be full pleased with their rewards and so do men.

What do you mean by "a higher and nobler interpretation of the relationships in paradise"? Adam and Eve pbut were in paradise weren't they? They were physically married to each other and that is why we have the entire humanity on the planet right? Are you saying marriage sanctioned by Allah Himself is not noble enough for you?

This is a very old post.. But since i didn't see anyone here quote the hadith in Sahih Muslim, which gives a clear answer to the question. Here is the hadith:

"There will be no one who is unmarried in Paradise”" [sahih Muslim, Kitaab al-Jannah, Baab awwal zumrah tadhkul al-Jannah, 4/2179, hadith no. 2834]

Everyone (according to this hadith) will be married.. I also had same question before, it was difficult to find the answer on google. I guess because it's a rare question..

When we give a answer it must always be based on evidence from Quran & Sunnah. And when we don't know, the best answer is "Allahu alam" (Allah knows best).

• Like 1

We cannot fully comprehend Jannah or even Jahanam (hell fire)... we can just be rest assured that in Paradise your whims and desires are fullfilled, there is no evil.... and in Hell you can be rest assured that it will be your worst destination (may Allah protect us from it).... the details of each are not that important in my opinin as laws of nature will not be the same.

You can not. You don't know. Shame on you.

Fire eating flesh and skin. Like ants. Paradise, Fakiha which is happiness and enjoyment (look into the dictionary), also fruits, i don't say it isn't. Rivers. Streets or ways with everything you desire. Rivers of everything. Colorful things. You're above in the middle, you take eveything you want from it. Not at the side glimpsing. Mutmainna, you always feel at easy in your stomach.

Fee maq3adi Sidqin 3ina maliikin muqtadir

In a seat of honor near a Sovereign, Perfect in Ability

54:55

In a save and soft wrapping place of conclusive rest with or next to a mighty King, the ruler of this world and of everything.

There is something called "Kugellehre". Its when you wrap your amrs around your shins and lie on your back. Cuddle :)