Islamic Forum
m4a1

Overwhelming Support Of Violent Jihadists

Well,you have to admit that people like Timothy McVeigh can be counted with the fingers of one hand! With all the due respect,the number of terrorist attacks executed by people who call themselves Muslims exceeds by far the misdeeds by people of all the other faiths put together.By a very long shot.I don't know if that's caused by the religion per se,or by the culture of some Muslims,but it is a fact.

PropellerAds
Well,you have to admit that people like Timothy McVeigh can be counted with the fingers of one hand! With all the due respect,the number of terrorist attacks executed by people who call themselves Muslims exceeds by far the misdeeds by people of all the other faiths put together.By a very long shot.I don't know if that's caused by the religion per se,or by the culture of some Muslims,but it is a fact.

There is another option, that it has to do with historical circumstances, and that in the past Muslims weren't the primary actors of these kinds of events, and that this may change in the future as well should circumstances change once again.

There is another option, that it has to do with historical circumstances, and that in the past Muslims weren't the primary actors of these kinds of events, and that this may change in the future as well should circumstances change once again.

Was McVeigh a Christian? Did he use christian doctrine as justification for his attacks?

Edited by Wulfhere

The very fact Most tyrants and cold blooded murderers were christians throughout history reflects negative on your doctrine .

The very fact Most tyrants and cold blooded murderers were christians throughout history reflects negative on your doctrine .

Is really that a fact? I think the worse murderers in history came during the twentieth century,and their ideology was as far away from Christianism as it can be:communism,fascism,etc.

Of course its a fact , Hitler was a Christian and from the west and they Christians mass murdered Jews and Mass murdered Japanese in Hiroshima and Nagasaki,its Christians who Killed and Raped 10000's in Bosnia and Herzegovina, They Christians mass murdered 200,000 people In Iraq , and close to 30,000 if not more in Afghanistan.

Was McVeigh a Christian? Did he use christian doctrine as justification for his attacks?

That had nothing to do with what I said. But even if McVeigh didn't, there has been plenty of violence justified in the name of Christianity to know that it is possible.

Of course its a fact , Hitler was a Christian and from the west and they Christians mass murdered Jews and Mass murdered Japanese in Hiroshima and Nagasaki,its Christians who Killed and Raped 10000's in Bosnia and Herzegovina, They Christians mass murdered 200,000 people In Iraq , and close to 30,000 if not more in Afghanistan.

I am afraid that all this does is exactly what Muslims object to Christians doing, namely seeking to paint Christians with the wrongs of an individual Christian (Hitler) or by confusingly associating Christianity with western governments and their actions. You do not know that Christians killed 200,000 people in Iraq or 30,000 in Afghanistan. You do know that the actions associated with US military operations in those countries have resulted in death tolls like that. We should not equate the two, just as we should not equate terrorists with Islam.

Why not ? who says ?

If your aim is for irony, you have succeeded.

Using the same logic of Anti Islamists , just turn table on them and they make up tonnes of excuses and smart Alic talk.

Hitler a Christian? Yeah right.One thing is to be born in a traditionally Christian country and another thing is to be one.The Nazi regime was fiercely anti Christian,everybody knows that.Besides,I don't hear the American soldiers in Iraq or Afghanistan shout things like "Oh God in Heaven,thou are the greatest",or any equivalent to "Allahu Akbar" any time they smoke someone.That's a crucial difference.

there has been plenty of violence justified in the name of Christianity to know that it is possible.

Of course,almost everything is possible.Now tell me please,when was the last time that violence in the name of Christianity happened? And what is happening now and who is killing infidels in the name of Allah?

Of course,almost everything is possible.Now tell me please,when was the last time that violence in the name of Christianity happened? And what is happening now and who is killing infidels in the name of Allah?

You're just going to make me repeat my earlier statement:

This equally applies to Christians. If they were to once again become a powerful social force, and not suppressed as they are by secular principles that require them to surrender political power to a neutral government, you would probably see something quite similar emerge again. I don't consider this a virtue of either ideology, but simply an accident of historical circumstance.

Hitler a Christian? Yeah right.One thing is to be born in a traditionally Christian country and another thing is to be one.The Nazi regime was fiercely anti Christian,everybody knows that.Besides,I don't hear the American soldiers in Iraq or Afghanistan shout things like "Oh God in Heaven,thou are the greatest",or any equivalent to "Allahu Akbar" any time they smoke someone.That's a crucial difference.

They are all Christians , they dont have to call out God is great they are still Christians and come from a Christian dominated country , even bush himself used the word Crusade back in 2001 .

Hitler and the Nazis were in Europe Christian heartland and they were christians nevermind how christians would like to get rid of them and not be in the Jews bad books but that just aint happening .

They are all Christians , they dont have to call out God is great they are still Christians and come from a Christian dominated country , even bush himself used the word Crusade back in 2001 .

Hitler and the Nazis were in Europe Christian heartland and they were christians nevermind how christians would like to get rid of them and not be in the Jews bad books but that just aint happening .

No, you're wrong. It has not been compulsory in the West to be a Christian for hundreds of years.

The terrorists are overwhelmingly not motivated by Islam. All of their hatred comes from political rather than theological foundations. For example, although according to the Bible Jesus (as) taught to turn the other cheek, that didn't stop Christians from killing pagans en mass. And also, whereas Islam does not allow forced conversion or attacking civilians, that doesn't stop some crazy Muslims from blowing up the twin towers. Sure nowadays a most terrorist acts (or it seems that way) are done by Muslims, but this is a fairly new thing. Before it was Christians that took over the world and before that it was others. Terrorism, and hatred are not from any religion that I know of. These terrorists will face Allah (swt). And to those that kill unjustly they are to abide in hellfire. May the people who died on 9/11 rest in peace, and also those that died in other countries because of it.

I'm not arguing that they were Christian, but what makes you think that Christianity was the guiding ideology for either Hitler or Nazism? There are a number of ideologies, not all consonant with Chritianity, that have come out of Europe. Also, what do you think when one Christian claims Christianity as a guiding principle and another Christian disagrees with the other Christians actions, also claiming Christianity as their guiding principle? Isn't this what is happening with Islam and terrorists who claim Islamic justification for their actions?

On the Hitler issue, I severely doubt Christian was a Hitler, even self proclaimed. He said many anti Christian comments, and even came after the clergy. He may have of used Christianity as a tool, but that is no different from what the Terrorists are doing

It is a very complex issue made even more difficult by having to discern what he actually thought from the propaganda he wished others to believe.

1 hand? Have you been living under a rock or are you purposely pretending the beheadings, assassinations and car bombings in Mexico are just everyone's imagination? Not to many Muslims there. :sl:

You can add Venezuela and Columbia to your list as well. For a number of reason, murder rate is astronomical in these two northern South American countries. Kidnappings too.

1 hand? Have you been living under a rock or are you purposely pretending the beheadings, assassinations and car bombings in Mexico are just everyone's imagination? Not to many Muslims there.

It seems to me that the problem here is that you confuse countries with the main religion professed in them.And of course,those murders in Mexico are for sure the work of Catholic fundamentalists,nothing to do with narco gangs or criminals.

It seems to me that the problem here is that you confuse countries with the main religion professed in them.And of course,those murders in Mexico are for sure the work of Catholic fundamentalists,nothing to do with narco gangs or criminals.

But haven't you now introduced a new and different assertion? You said earlier that Muslim terrorists "by far the misdeeds by people of all the other faiths put together". Many of these people, whether rightly or wrongly, do profess the faith of the main religion of their culture. Now, if you are asserting that Muslims kill in the name of their religion more than other faiths, that is something that might be true today, but that fails to recognize that the reasons for these actions and the justifications of them are not the same. It is very common throughout human history to mix religion with nationalism, and to conflate the two when acting in what one thinks is the defense of one's country/people/culture. The real question is, are these people killing because of Islam, or because of geo-political factors that embitter them towards the West? If it is the former, then perhaps you have a legitimate criticism of Islam, but if it is the latter, than I see no real difference between Muslims and non-Muslims in this matter.

The real question is, are these people killing because of Islam, or because of geo-political factors that embitter them towards the West? If it is the former, then perhaps you have a legitimate criticism of Islam, but if it is the latter, than I see no real difference between Muslims and non-Muslims in this matte

That's exactly the key here.Only the ones that are doing the killing and their supporters can answer though.

That's exactly the key here.Only the ones that are doing the killing and their supporters can answer though.

It seems to me though that they have already answered it with a long list of perceived offenses by the West against Muslim populations. Whether you think these complaints are legitimate or rise to the level of justifying their actions is questionable, but that they have these complaints seems to be a rather uncontroversial proposition to make.