Islamic Forum
m4a1

Overwhelming Support Of Violent Jihadists

I've noticed that I'll be surfing the net, especially Youtube, and I will come across hundreds of pages and hundreds of posts that are made by apparent jihadists. Now, what bothers me about this, mainly, is:

*There ARE moderate muslims hanging around with them, and they never ever condemn what they say. They just say things like "Salaam" or "Inshallah!" or "Allahu Akbar" to the jihadists.

*I'll notice they have hundreds of friends, maybe even thousands. For all the complaining Muslims do about negative stereotypes and misconceptions in the media, this little point makes me think that they either like to play victim, or just like the attention. Otherwise this point wouldn't be worth posting.

There are dozens of sites I've been to where these jihadists are brutally attack innocent civilians and other targets, and there are hundreds of comments from apparent muslims saying "INSHA Allah" and "ALLAHU AKBAR THIS IS WHAT Allah TEACHES US!!!!!".

Is it really? Is this what your religion teaches you? I have to say, Islam is packaged as something great but when I see the example of it's followers (in virtual and media format, I've never had a negative experience with a muslim IRL), I start to get very negative second thoughts.

I also thought that all that stuff could be staged, but nevertheless, I am quite baffled at the support for these violent jihadist thugs all throughout the Ummah I've observed.

PropellerAds

hi m4a1,

first of all Islam teaches self defence, if a nation attacks muslims then it is necessary, indeed obligatory for the muslims of that place to defend themselves and the rest of the muslims to support them, even if only in suplicating to God.

i suplicate to God frequently, often several times a day and yes i pray for success and victory for the various mujahideen around the world, but this is all Islam allows me to do as i live in the UK and cannot attack or physically support the attack on non-muslim agressors as i am under a covenant of security, whilstever i live in a non-muslim land.

I also pray for the guidance of the mujahideen and all the muslims, and ask Allah to forgive them where they might make mistakes and keep them to the correct way of doing jihad but these are people on the front line, they know their situation better than me and i dont believe everything that is said about them by the secular media.

now this thread may get shut down, as such issues are not allowed to be discussed but i dont believe this thread should be as we are talking in generalities, not specific wars around the world.

Self defense is completely justified, just as I would defend myself as well if those things were done to me, definitely.

But I think I would have to PM you and show you exactly what I'm talking about, as your post was a big generalization and you didn't seem to get the point of my topic.

Also keep in mind that if you lived under the rule of these same mujahideen you wouldn't even be talking to me as the internet is "unholy" (thanks Taliban, and Chechen mujahideen).

I for one hope that the Taliban, Al Qaeda, and the Chechen Mujahideen fail miserably for their treatment of civilians, their UNISLAMIC way of dealing with the enemy in battle, and their treatment of women and brainwashing of young men who otherwise had a lot of potential.

and i in turn feel the west brain washes the youth here, turning them into mind numbed consumer drones and perverting them away from their true purpose in life (obviously i understand if we disagree on that purpose but the brainwashing is clear here).

any muslim shariah based state would heavily control use of the internet because of all the filth that is on it. when my own children get older i will also heavily control their internet use, but the internet is not itself unislamic - just the contents.

There is support for them becuase they are not the monsters that the media portrays them to be. How many times do u get to hear their side of the story? You support ur soldiers so why can't the Muslims support theirs?

and i in turn feel the west brain washes the youth here, turning them into mind numbed consumer drones and perverting them away from their true purpose in life (obviously i understand if we disagree on that purpose but the brainwashing is clear here).

any muslim shariah based state would heavily control use of the internet because of all the filth that is on it. when my own children get older i will also heavily control their internet use, but the internet is not itself unislamic - just the contents.

Sure sure, but the Taliban would disagree with you. And they were totalitarian.

There is support for them becuase they are not the monsters that the media portrays them to be. How many times do u get to hear their side of the story? You support ur soldiers so why can't the Muslims support theirs?

SaracenSoldier, favouriting and making TRIBUTE videos to bombings, and beheadings, and certain well known terrorist attacks, and uploading a 911 video and stopping the video and saying "INSHALLAH!!!" right before the plane hits the building, yes, they're disgusting horrible monsters who don't deserve to live.

I have many videos from the kavkazcenter fanatic nutcases where they behead unarmed russians with no uniforms on. They bomb grocery stores. They snipe civilians at a distance. And yet all these things are indeed against the Islamic rules of war, 99 percent of Muslim scholars will agree.

They are despicable monsters that deserve death and one day, Inshallah, by God's will and karma's will they shall find it.

We would and we wouldn't disagree on the true purpose. I think you make your own purpose in life, whatever that may be. But I do think the media does try to shape the perception of the young too much.

I've noticed that I'll be surfing the net, especially Youtube, and I will come across hundreds of pages and hundreds of posts that are made by apparent jihadists.

You are standing in the middle of a crowd. Most are talking quietly, but there are a few, disorderly sorts, who are shouting angrily and creating an uproar. Who are you going to notice?

You are standing in the middle of a crowd. Most are talking quietly, but there are a few, disorderly sorts, who are shouting angrily and creating an uproar. Who are you going to notice?

Of course, I'm going to notice the fanatic wannabe jihadists instead of the moderate ones. I know I know. But it doesn't renege the fact that they are still there.

The other Muslims posters who previously posted here also do a disservice for the reputation and image of all Muslims and Islam. They are just feeding this media machine with more negative stuff to spew out, and then they have the nerve to say that they are unfairly targeted by the western media. Look in the mirror!

It's not my habit to discuss politics but I'll make an exception on this occasion.

Islam denounces terrorism. The rules of war are clear. We must not resort to unacceptable means to achieve an acceptable end.

Fight with the word. Sharpen your mind, it's your most effective sword. And if for the time being, the enemy is smarter than you, just fight with your mind until you die. To paraphrase the words of the famous warrior Salahuddin: "For me is just to fight. The result is Allah's concern."

Of course, I'm going to notice the fanatic wannabe jihadists instead of the moderate ones. I know I know. But it doesn't renege the fact that they are still there.

So what, so are all the other radicals in the world.

The other Muslims posters who previously posted here also do a disservice for the reputation and image of all Muslims and Islam. They are just feeding this media machine with more negative stuff to spew out, and then they have the nerve to say that they are unfairly targeted by the western media. Look in the mirror!

They have their perception and you have yours. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss their perspective without first understanding it, and honestly, I don't see how you are going to come to an understanding of any sort with your "solid, unmoveable brick wall" of opinion. Usually learning requires something called humility.

It's not my habit to discuss politics but I'll make an exception on this occasion.

Islam denounces terrorism. The rules of war are clear. We must not resort to unacceptable means to achieve an acceptable end.

Fight with the word. Sharpen your mind, it's your most effective sword. And if for the time being, the enemy is smarter than you, just fight with your mind until you die. To paraphrase the words of the famous warrior Salahuddin: "For me is just to fight. The result is Allah's concern."

I know. My beef isn't with Islam; let's make that clear. It's with the Muslims who constantly toy around with it based on their own interpretation and make others suffer violently because of it. Islam is peaceful, Muslims are not always.

So what, so are all the other radicals in the world.

They have their perception and you have yours. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss their perspective without first understanding it, and honestly, I don't see how you are going to come to an understanding of any sort with your "solid, unmoveable brick wall" of opinion. Usually learning requires something called humility.

The "brick wall" bit was in reference to the Quran NOT being the word of Man, in another thread. So that has nothing to do with this here.

I realize there are other radicals as well, and I have tried seeing it from their side, but when they say things like "Abu Hamza is right, we must behead all infidels, INSHALLAH!!!!", then I start to get second thoughts. I'm sorry, I'm human.

I realize there are other radicals as well, and I have tried seeing it from their side, but when they say things like "Abu Hamza is right, we must behead all infidels, INSHALLAH!!!!", then I start to get second thoughts. I'm sorry, I'm human.

But who is saying that? Anyone here? I'm not asking you to sympathize with radicals, although we can come to a certain understanding of the mindset and the motives. But what I was asking was that you sympathize with the moderates that you seem to be too quickly dismissing because they aren't as boisterous as the radicals.

But who is saying that? Anyone here? I'm not asking you to sympathize with radicals, although we can come to a certain understanding of the mindset and the motives. But what I was asking was that you sympathize with the moderates that you seem to be too quickly dismissing because they aren't as boisterous as the radicals.

No nobody here, that was on Youtube and was a profile I happened to stumble across. The mindset and motives may differ.

I understand your point about the radicals and moderates, but you can't really tell what these so called moderates are actually thinking miles away behind a computer screen. I'm judging them based on their profiles and how they come across.

you can't really tell what these so called moderates are actually thinking miles away behind a computer screen.

That's why you ask. A simple question goes a long way towards dispelling doubt and misconception. Most of them are just like you. They are generally truthful in their expression of opinion here. The only reason I would have doubts about them is if I was a habitual liar myself online and assumed others were like myself.

Edited by the sad clown

That's why you ask. A simple question goes a long way towards dispelling doubt and misconception.

The whole quote in context says that I can't tell what these people are thinking, so I judge them on how they come across.

Clarification is key, but sometimes I admit I am hesitant to ask.

Radical...

favoring drastic political, economic, or social reforms:

Yep, that is me. I am a radical, want to radically change society, wherever i am i want to call people to Islam, change their behaviours, change everything about society that is unislamic.

But DawudUK, what if people didn't want to convert? Would you force them to? What's wrong with live and let live? Let people choose their own beliefs as long as they don't hurt other people? Why does there have to be conflict over this?

What is your proof of this? Do you have any? Have you been face to face with these people? We've seen their horrible acts - the media puts their own spin on it, but they do what they do. Please provide evidence before you say something like that. Thanks.

Radical...

favoring drastic political, economic, or social reforms:

Yep, that is me. I am a radical, want to radically change society, wherever i am i want to call people to Islam, change their behaviours, change everything about society that is unislamic.

But some people don't want to convert. What will happen to them? It's not up to you, or the Ummah, or your Masjid, or your friends to change people and how they behave. They must do it freely, and any other way is fascist and totalitarian.

You should also know that the Taliban consider the internet as an entity to be unholy. Kind of hypocritical now that they use it all the time to get their message out.

I've noticed that I'll be surfing the net, especially Youtube, and I will come across hundreds of pages and hundreds of posts that are made by apparent jihadists. Now, what bothers me about this, mainly, is:

*There ARE moderate muslims hanging around with them, and they never ever condemn what they say. They just say things like "Salaam" or "Inshallah!" or "Allahu Akbar" to the jihadists.

*I'll notice they have hundreds of friends, maybe even thousands. For all the complaining Muslims do about negative stereotypes and misconceptions in the media, this little point makes me think that they either like to play victim, or just like the attention. Otherwise this point wouldn't be worth posting.

There are dozens of sites I've been to where these jihadists are brutally attack innocent civilians and other targets, and there are hundreds of comments from apparent muslims saying "INSHA Allah" and "ALLAHU AKBAR THIS IS WHAT Allah TEACHES US!!!!!".

Is it really? Is this what your religion teaches you? I have to say, Islam is packaged as something great but when I see the example of it's followers (in virtual and media format, I've never had a negative experience with a muslim IRL), I start to get very negative second thoughts.

I also thought that all that stuff could be staged, but nevertheless, I am quite baffled at the support for these violent jihadist thugs all throughout the Ummah I've observed.

Jihad means struggle or effort. I believe there are two types, greater Jihad and lesser Jihad. Greater Jihad is a inner struggle to become a better Muslim and lesser Jihad is to defend Islam from oppressors. Muslims are allowed to defend themselves if someone attacks them. To understand the violence taking place in the East, you should read a history book.

Now I'm not sure what videos or websites that you are looking at. Muslims when defending themselves are not allowed to harm civilians or damage property, they should try to avoid breaking these ethics. Do not use the internet to determine what the rest of the Muslim population believes, it is better to treat everyone as individuals. I too came across comments on youtube and yahoo answers that presented strong hatred towards Muslims, however that does not mean they represent the western non-Muslim population.

I personally do not care about the negative stereotypes about Muslims. Non-Muslims can say what they want about Islam and Muslims. I'm not going to break a sweat over that.

Jihad means struggle or effort. I believe there are two types, greater Jihad and lesser Jihad. Greater Jihad is a inner struggle to become a better Muslim and lesser Jihad is to defend Islam from oppressors. Muslims are allowed to defend themselves if someone attacks them. To understand the violence taking place in the East, you should read a history book.

Now I'm not sure what videos or websites that you are looking at. Muslims when defending themselves are not allowed to harm civilians or damage property, they should try to avoid breaking these ethics. Do not use the internet to determine what the rest of the Muslim population believes, it is better to treat everyone as individuals. I too came across comments on youtube and yahoo answers that presented strong hatred towards Muslims, however that does not mean they represent the western non-Muslim population.

I personally do not care about the negative stereotypes about Muslims. Non-Muslims can say what they want about Islam and Muslims. I'm not going to break a sweat over that.

Well, from what I've read in the Quran, there are two types of jihad, you're right about that. And yes, I believe Muslims are allowed to defend themselves against attacks and abuses, anyone would. However, what about 9/11? 7/7? Although I have serious doubts about 9/11, and I do think it stinks to high heaven of a false flag terrorist attack using Bin Laden, Al Qaeda and Muslims as the patsies and scapegoats, it WAS Islamically influenced and caused horrible deaths and misery.

I am visiting mainstream websites, as I said above, in the first post, when I see these posts being made. Rarely, a jihadist forum will pop up, but it's usually just the same 3 or 4 members trying to make it look like there is a lot of people registered on that forum. It's called propaganda.

It's interesting to note that you are making vague references to history books and who caused violence in the east. When I was registered here before, every word that came out of my mouth required to be validated by a source, and it had to be approved by them on this forum, so that it could pass as legitimate evidence. It doesn't matter if what you're really saying is true, they control reality and the facts be damned.

I've read plenty of history books, thank you. But tell me, what books would you recommend so I can read further into your claims? That would be really helpful, instead of just a post with empty substance.

I also never claimed that the extremists represented the entire Muslim population. However, forum regulars on here posting Bin Laden videos does not help your cause and you as a people are portrayed at all, and I am not to be blamed for that.

I never noticed your reply before now.

If Islam denounces terrorism, why are there so many acts of terrorism being committed and influenced by Islam?

I do fight with the word. I tried to have intellectual discourse the last time on this forum (under my 2 previous usernames), but it was the outspoken forum regulars who attempted to define reality. Like I said before, the facts be damned, they feel they can dictate what is right and wrong and what the facts are, when they cannot do such. The facts still stand tall.

My mind is sharp, and getting sharper by the day. However, as much as you want to paraphrase motivating quotes from Islamic figures of the past, you cannot deny that suicide bombing, public beheadings and attacks on civilian targets are almost out of control these days, and it is all influenced by Islam.

My conclusion is this: Either everyone on here who espouses this Islamic pride and glory in Jihad are wrong, or are lying, or the accused who use Islam for their political gains are indeed not following Islam correctly. It's one or the other, take your pick.

M4a1,

This is not what our religion teaches us. In fact, it is the complete opposite of that. These people have deviated from the Sunnah of our beloved Prophet.

And yes, I believe Muslims are allowed to defend themselves against attacks and abuses, anyone would.

Would you find just defending oneself from the attacks and abuses of Muslims?

It sickens me that only when a misguided person, who happens to be muslim, commits an act of violence his/her religion is the blame and not the individual. But when someone who adheres to some other religion like ooohhhh i dont know, Timothy McVeigh commits a large scale terrorist attack, the individual is to blame and not his religion. Very unfortunate double standard these days :sl: