Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
twoswordali

Atheism Owes God For Its Exeistence

Salaam (peace) to all

I would like it if you gave some input to my topic

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=730619.html&"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=730619.html&[/url]

As for this topic, saying that without God there wouldn't be atheism is the same as saying without religion there wouldn't be God

when you just can't prove something actually exists, it becomes a matter of faith and whether you believe in the unseen

I personally believe in Islam because of the scientific evidence provided in the Koran which wasn't known around the time of the revelation of the Koran

Hence why I do believe in God

But is he a fair God? There starts my questionings

Thanks

And Salaam

PropellerAds
As for this topic, saying that without God there wouldn't be atheism is the same as saying without religion there wouldn't be God

well thats not true because Prophet Ibrahim didnt follow a religion yet there was still God. He rejected all religion and found God because of his searching. So it is not the same because even without religion there still is God.

when you just can't prove something actually exists, it becomes a matter of faith and whether you believe in the unseen

When you cant prove something actually exists then its a matter of searching and studying to come to a reality if that thing does or doesent exist. Belief and faith only enters the picture once you have spent ever fiber of your being honestly researching that which you believe to exist. Rational knowledge would bring you the truth of what your searching for .

But is he a fair God? There starts my questionings

If you believe in God then you know something about God, so why as a muslim would your questioning start with doubting the fairness of God when you believe that He is the most mercyful??

Mercy isn't about fairness. Mercy is about random forgiveness (it cannot be about total forgiveness or no-one would be in danger of hell, and it cannot be about forgiveness according to rules, otherwise it wouldn't be mercy, it would be justice).

Mercy isn't about fairness.

I think you just write just to see that you have said something without really thinking about what your saying. or are you playing the fool and just wish to disagree with anything that is logical. Gods mercy is about fairness for crying out loud wattle this is the stupidess statement made ever made by you(or i could be mistaken). Do you even know the meaning of mercy?? Ever heard the phrase "have mercy on him" its like saying have pity on him or have leniency on someone and you really believe that fairness is not equated with mercy. Allahs mercy is fairness...sheesh wattle no disrespect intended bro but come on

Mercy is about random forgiveness (it cannot be about total forgiveness or no-one would be in danger of hell, and it cannot be about forgiveness according to rules, otherwise it wouldn't be mercy, it would be justice).

Muslims dont debate whether or not Gods mercy is about total forgivness or not because we believe that Gods mercy is total forgiveness and it is also justice as well. If Allah has mercy on a soul and grants him or her paradise then that mercy IS forgiveness, justice,and fairness and we all seek for the mercy of God. Im pretty sure when you die and you find out that there is a God you would hope that His mercy would be applied to yourself and forgive you of your ignorance of Him.

I think you just write just to see that you have said something without really thinking about what your saying. or are you playing the fool and just wish to disagree with anything that is logical. Gods mercy is about fairness for crying out loud wattle this is the stupidess statement made ever made by you(or i could be mistaken). Do you even know the meaning of mercy?? Ever heard the phrase "have mercy on him" its like saying have pity on him or have leniency on someone and you really believe that fairness is not equated with mercy. Allahs mercy is fairness...sheesh wattle no disrespect intended bro but come on

No, 'fairness' is about always following the rules, impartiality and so on. Judges have to be always fair. 'Mercy' is about being lenient even if the rules do not require it. Judges can choose to be merciful or not.

No, 'fairness' is about always following the rules, impartiality and so on. Judges have to be always fair. 'Mercy' is about being lenient even if the rules do not require it. Judges can choose to be merciful or not.

so when a little boy who is playing with a toy and his younger brother is screaming for it and the parents give the younger brother the toy and say share with him is that fairness? The parents mercy shows their younger son how to share with his brother and his baby brother would soon know what sharing is.

Have you ever heard the story of the two women who were arguing over a child in front of a wise judge, one mother said he is mine and so did the other mother, So the judge in his wisdom ruled that the child be cut with a sharp sword into two parts one half goes to one mother and the other half goes to the other. Then one mother screemed out and and said dont do that just give him to the other lady, so the judge ruled that she must be the mother and gave the child to her.

It was mercy that guided the judge to a fair decision,

If a husband punched you in the face because you punched his wife in the face for no reason, then that my dear wattle is fairness and also mercy. Fair because you would have deserved it and mercy because he didnt kill you

lol

fairness is equated with mercy ok here is the dictionary.coms thesaurus meanings on the two words

Main Entry: fairness

Part of Speech: noun

Definition: justice

Synonyms: candor, charitableness, charity, civility, consideration, courtesy, decency, decorum, disinterestedness, due, duty, equitableness, equity, exactitude, fair shake, fair-mindedness, give and take, good faith, goodness, honesty, honor, humanity, impartiality, integrity, justness, legitimacy, moderation, open-mindedness, propriety, rationality, reasonableness, right, righteousness, rightfulness, rightness, seemliness, square deal, suitability, tolerance, truth, uprightness, veracity

Antonyms: inequity, injustice, partiality, unfairness, wrong

Main Entry: mercy

Part of Speech: noun

Definition: kindness, compassion

Synonyms: benevolence, benignancy, blessing, boon, charity, clemency, commiseration, favor, forbearance, forgiveness, generosity, gentleness, godsend, goodwill, grace, humanity, kindliness, lenience, leniency, lenity, lifesaver, luck, mildness, pity, quarter, relief, ruth, softheartedness, sympathy, tenderness, tolerance

Antonyms: cruelty, intolerance, meanness, uncompassion

NOW YOU WOULD BE A REAL FOOL IF YOU STILL BELIEVE THAT FAIRNESS IS NOT EQUATED WITH MERCY, YOU STILL WISH TO ARGUE THIS POINT?? HEY AND LOOK AT THE ANTONYMS!! I also underlined the words so it would be a little clearer for you, :sl:

But like i said i think you just like to argue for the sake and not really think about what you are saying. So wattle you man enough to admit you are wrong??? ok good lets get back to the topic

Edited by twoswordali

Sorry, but your online dictionary is correct (if pathetically inadequate) in its definitions but incorrect in its choice on synonyms. The words 'fairness' and 'mercy' describe different things.

Sorry, but your online dictionary is correct (if pathetically inadequate) in its definitions but incorrect in its choice on synonyms. The words 'fairness' and 'mercy' describe different things.

So why havent you shown me more dictionary web sites or synonyms that agree with what you are saying, and its not my online dictionary its just one that i looked up. and there is many more, with synonyms. Like i said you just wish to argue no matter what is given to you as proof your statements are very ignorant and it shows your lack of knowledge. How is it wrong in its definitions of synonyms where is your dictionary of synonyms?? You know what this is just stupid im not even going to discuss this with you any more, for one your going off topic two your just disagreeing just to disagree. Im pretty sure whoever reads what youve written will see the stupidity in your statements. It is better to keep quiet and let people assume that your going to say something stupid then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

the dictionary's choice on synonyms is wrong :sl: lol lol i must admit you are very persistent in giving ignorant statements without any back up

Actually, I see that you used a thesaurus, not a dictionary. A thesaurus provides similar words, with varying degrees of similarity. It is a writer's tool, not an authority on meaning.

Here are the definitions from the Oxford:

fair - of a person, argument, etc: just, unbiased, equitable, impartial; legitimate, in accordance with the rules or standards

mercy - forebearance and compassion shown to a powerless person, esp an offender, or to one with no claim to receive kindness; kind and compassionate treatment in a case where severity is merited or expected

Actually, I see that you used a thesaurus, not a dictionary. A thesaurus provides similar words, with varying degrees of similarity. It is a writer's tool, not an authority on meaning.

lol wow they keep coming huh :sl: , no wattle i used a dictionary as well ,no one said wattle that they were an authority on the meaning i established that by telling you that on equates to the other and i also did give you a dictionary meaning please go back and read. And yes its a writers tool are we not writers here on Islamic Forum?? Do we not use words on a day to day bases that have varying degrees of similarity, Even what you said can be said with different words but have the same meaning....will you not understand???

Here are the definitions from the Oxford:

fair - of a person, argument, etc: just, unbiased, equitable, impartial; legitimate, in accordance with the rules or standards

mercy - forebearance and compassion shown to a powerless person, esp an offender, or to one with no claim to receive kindness; kind and compassionate treatment in a case where severity is merited or expected

And I would consider one very ignorant if they can say that these two words donot equate each other just based off of Oxfords meanings. Look man just admit you were wrong and that your making stupid statements because of your lack of knowledge. Your problem wattle is that you always choose to argue a point but you dont read or comprehend or try to understand what the other person is saying. I could understand and admit if i was wrong but just this simple example shows not only stubbornness but ignorance as well not to mention the statements are high quality of stupidness.

twoswords, you make a habit of saying something wrong then, when it is pointed out, getting excited and insulting the person who pointed it out. You dig yourself into a hole, then you keep digging.

The definitions from the Oxford plainly show that the words have very different meanings and cannot be used interchangeably. No amount of bluster from you will alter that.

Atheism owes Allah for their existence, Atheism is only possible because of theism, ask yourself a question can an atheist exist without a theist?? No they can’t, can a theist exist without an atheist?? Yes. Without belief in Allah the whole world would be in chaos, societies get its morals from theistic people. We only know of right and wrong based on what scripture tells us what is morally right and what is morally wrong. Murder is wrong because religion says that it is wrong 1st, stealing is wrong because religion says that it is wrong the list goes on and on. Now an atheist denies Allah or says that Allah doesn’t exist yet that same atheist is governed by the laws of God, and uses money with the words in God we trust.

Wrong, atheism is the default position. Everyone is born an atheist - from the Greek "Atheos. A (Suffix - "Without") Theos (God(s)) - Without God(s).

It's only through indoctrination that the young become brainwashed into Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, etc.

No baby is born knowing about God, or Jesus or Allah or Vishnu, they have to be taught and indoctrinated into their religion, so yes, atheism would exist without theism, infact, atheism would thrive if no one believed in any gods because everyone would be an atheist.

A common misconception among the fanatical, uneducated, religious, is that morals come from a higher power, or a holy book. The fact is, that our morals come from evolving as a social species. IOur ancestors had to stick together to survive - Australopithicines wouldn't survive long on their own. In order to maintain a peaceful co-existence, for security and survival, we HAD to develop morals, and these morals became more and more evolved as both our species and society did.

Phirana can strip a corpse in seconds, yet they rarely, if ever, attack eachother. Does religion provide phirana with their morals? Or did they come to arise through having to live together in numbers to survive?

And no, I have Darwin on my £10 note. Having "In God We Trust" on US dollars is also unconstitutional and should, by your own laws, be removed.

Why doesn’t the atheist exist as something else why does he or she stand upon the religious podium and then denies that there is a podium erected (theist..(a)theist). It seems that atheism is a confused people who really don’t know what they are denying. To say that im an atheist confirms that you know about God but you just choose to reject God or go against God. In religious knowledge we ask the question was satan,shaton and atheist?? Yes he was, he stood on top of an angelic podium (or so he thought) and then he denied the very same thing that confirms one to be an angel, obedience to God.

What are you even saying here?

Being an atheist doesn't mean you reject God, it means that you DO NOT BELIEVE in God. Or gods. A - without Theos - God/s. When a child is born... ugh, repeating myself, but when a child is born, do you think it believes in Allah or God or Zeus or Ra or Odin? Of course it doesn't, it has to be raised and taught about them in order to be indoctrinated. All babies are atheists.

By your own fairy tale's standards, Satan was not an atheist, he would've known God existed, albeit in the same way that Frodo knew Sauron existed, but nevertheless.

So satan represents a type, an atheistic type of mind set one who would choose to deny God and believe that he himself is in fact to intelligent to be duped into believing that God knows what best for him. Yet he sees the world of God all around him or herself and he or she sees the laws of morality established by God believing people all around yet they will boast that God doesn’t exist. Yet their belief system needs God 100% in order for them to exist. And we who believe in God will still believe in God if there never was an atheist.

No, as explained earlier, morals do not come from deities, or higher powers, they come from society and our need to live in social groups.

If religion didn't exist, if no one believed in any gods, then EVERYONE WOULD BE AN ATHEIST. Atheism isn't a belief system, it's the lack of belief in a god. Whether you reject the existence of a god, or are just on the fence, so long as you don't believe any gods exist, for whatever reason, you are an atheist.

At least try to learn what something is before you try talking about it, ok? Please?