Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
umAhmad

Know The Facts First:

THINK ABOUT IT!!

An old man is sitting with his 25 year old son on the train.

The train is about to leave the station.

All passengers are settling down in their seats.

As the train starts the young man is filled with lots of joy and curiosity.

He is sitting on the window side.

He places his hand out the window and feels the passing air. He shouts, "Papa look! all the trees are going backwards".

The father smiles and admires his sons feelings.

Besides the young man, sat a couple, who hear the whole conversation between father and son.

They feel a little awkward with the childlike behaviour of the 25 year old man.

Suddenly the young man again shouts,

"Papa look at the pond and animals!"

"Clouds are moving with the train".

The couple are watching the young man, embarrassingly.

Now it starts to rain and some water drops touch the young man's hand.

He fills with joy and closes his eyes.

He shouts again,

" Papa it's raining, water's touching me, look Papa".

The couple cant help themselves and ask the old man.

"Why don't you visit the Doctor and get treatment for your son."

The old man replies, "Yes, we're just returning from the hospital and only today my

son got his eyesight, for first time in his life".

Moral:

"Don't draw conclusions until

you know all the facts".

PropellerAds

Great story, and a very good lesson about drawing conclusions from inadequate information. We could all do with a bit of humility with regard to what we think we know versus what we actually know.

:sl: Um Ahmed. That's a very good lesson. I will share this friends and family.

:sl:

A very humbling story. :sl: for sharing it.

Wahhh... what a touching story. :sl: And I thought something bad was going to happen lol :sl: I'm going to share this yea!

Assalamu Alaikum, the main source is the one and only UmEesaa (on the Forum) and a couple of Sites. She doesn't come on Gawaher much now a days because of Internet connection problems.

The story got me teary eyed and emotional for the rest of the day.

Salaams.

Assalamu alaikum, I could have made another thread, but the incident that I wanted to post could fit perfectly here so here it is............

My best friend just called me and related to me that ........... She and couple of her friends (they speak urdu) were returning from downtown by bus and saw this very very old White lady on the opposite seat, apparently the lady was dressed very prim and prop and had a beautiful hat on her head, seemed very friendly but in her own world.

Like we women are used to, my friends started talking about her amongst themselves in Urdu, things like........ look at her at this age she is trying to show off, does she thinks she is in her 30's, she doesn't really look that pretty either and things like that (Remember this is the month of Ramadhan, and we have to be very careful in what we say)this continued until they had to get off the bus at the last stop.

The lady got off at the same place and was walking with the aid of her walking stick, once she was off the bus she said Assalamu alaikum, all three of my friends turned towards her shocked, then the lady smiled and explained to them IN PERFECT URDU that she is not a Muslim but knows about Islaam and Muslims and is very familiar with the Urdu language because she had lived in Pakistan for 8 years and was fascinated with Urdu so made sure to learn it while she was there, and she has many Urdu speaking friends and she speaks to them only in Urdu, saying that she smiled and left.

My three friends were in shock and so embarrased that they did not even apologise to her, and by the time they gathered themselves together the lady had taken the connecting bus and was waving at them from the window.

My friend called me told me the whole story as soon as she came home that is 15 minutes ago.

I laughed and laughed while she was basically cursing herself. I told her I am going to post the incident on Gawaher and she agreed saying it is a lesson for her and maybe others could not get into these kind of situations if they read the post.

Now that my laughing and teasing fit is over I am thinking, Really it is so important to keep a hold on our tongues and thoughts and mind our own business.

Salaams.

OOOOO MMMMMMMM G. Wow...

JazzakAllahu kahyr