Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
multezem

What Do U Think About This Topic?

First Window

If we look, we see that all things and especially living creatures have numerous different needs and numerous different wants.

And those wants and needs

are given them at the appropriate time, in unexpected ways, from places they do not know and their hands cannot reach; succour comes to them. But the

power of these needy beings is not sufficient for even the smallest of those

endless things they wish for; they cannot meet their needs. Consider yourself.

Of how many things are you in need that your hands cannot reach, like your external and inner senses and their needs? Compare all other living

creatures with yourself. See, just as singly they testify to the Necessary Existence and indicate to His Unity,

so too in their totality do they show to the

reason a Necessarily Existent One behind the veil of the Unseen, a Single One of Unity, among titles of Most Generous, All-Compassionate, Nurturer, and

Disposer.

And so, O ignorant unbeliever and dissolute heedless one! With what can you explain this wise, percipient, compassionate activity? Deaf Nature? Blind

force? Senseless chance? Can you explain it through impotent, lifeless causes?[using large font size is not allowed]

what do u think about this topic?? plz write ur comments..i m waiting, my friends..[using large font size is not allowed]

{Moderator note}

This post has violated forum rule #19. Action taken.

For more details, please read our (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?act=boardrules"]Forum Rules[/url].

PropellerAds

And those wants and needs

are given them at the appropriate time, in unexpected ways, from places they do not know and their hands cannot reach; succour comes to them.

[using large font size is not allowed]But isn't it true that more often than not, it is the strong and healthy of the animals whose needs are met, and precisely because they use their strength and health to secure them? And when they fail, due to weakness or ill health or misfortune, then their needs are not met and they perish or suffer some other calamity.

And so, O ignorant unbeliever and dissolute heedless one! With what can you explain this wise, percipient, compassionate activity? Deaf Nature? Blind

force? Senseless chance? Can you explain it through impotent, lifeless causes?[using large font size is not allowed]

I am sorry for being so pessimistic. Your recent posts are very encouraging and uplifting, but I can't help doubting their claims. If, instead it is true that these animals are securing their needs through their own efforts (although these efforts are no guarantee to success), then it seems entirely plausible that we really are witnessing blind force and senseless chance. Apologies from your resident ignorant unbeliever and dissolute heedless one ( :sl: no offense actually taken).

True everything is being maintained and provided for by someone, and that is The Creator.

[/font][using large font size is not allowed][/color]But isn't it true that more often than not, it is the strong and healthy of the animals whose needs are met, and precisely because they use their strength and health to secure them? And when they fail, due to weakness or ill health or misfortune, then their needs are not met and they perish or suffer some other calamity.

If their needs are not met, and they perish, then the appointed term has approached and the needs of other creatures are fulfilled through the body of the one who died. Balance.

Edited by Mercyonmankind

Honestly, I don't know anything about balance or the like (nor am I clear on its relevance to my point, but que sera). Sure, one animal dies and another lives because of it, but there is no guarantee that this status quo will maintain. It is possible for everything to die.

Edited by the sad clown

Honestly, I don't know anything about balance or the like (nor am I clear on its relevance to my point, but que sera). Sure, one animal dies and another lives because of it, but there is no guarantee that this status quo will maintain. It is possible for everything to die.

Well every created being will die and that is how The Creator conquer His creation, by means of death.

You are quite right. I was not clear in my earlier statement. I meant extinction, that they would all die and there be no life remaining.

But isn't it true that more often than not, it is the strong and healthy of the animals whose needs are met, and precisely because they use their strength and health to secure them? And when they fail, due to weakness or ill health or misfortune, then their needs are not met and they perish or suffer some other calamity.

I am sorry for being so pessimistic. Your recent posts are very encouraging and uplifting, but I can't help doubting their claims. If, instead it is true that these animals are securing their needs through their own efforts (although these efforts are no guarantee to success), then it seems entirely plausible that we really are witnessing blind force and senseless chance. Apologies from your resident ignorant unbeliever and dissolute heedless one ( :sl: no offense actually taken).

The OP (as well a similar post by the same member in another thread) is an excerpt from the Thirty -Third Word of the 'Risale-i Nur' by Said Nursi.

What Nursi is alluding to here is his observation that animals who seem to be endowed with higher intelligence, or greater faculties, need to work harder to obtain their needs. Compare a fox, for example, with a dung beetle.

Often, it is beneficial to read the entirety of a given section of Nursi's writing, in order to best understand his point. Unfortunately, the original poster seemed to neglect to reference the work in a way that would have facilitated this. But I'm sure this was merely an oversight. Thanks to the sister who took the time to start the thread.

What Nursi is alluding to here is his observation that animals who seem to be endowed with higher intelligence, or greater faculties, need to work harder to obtain their needs. Compare a fox, for example, with a dung beetle.

Thank you for informing of the context. I hadn't been aware of it.

But what do you think of this observation? Is it really easier for the dung beetle? I mean, how many dung beetles perish each day compared to foxes? The dung beetle's survival strategy as a species isn't to live more successfully, but to simply produce so many dung beetles that it doesn't matter that they die in large numbers ((you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/R/K_selection_theory"]the r/K selection theory[/url]), since there are enough to replace these, and even more if conditions are good. This would indicate to me that on an individual level, the fox has an easier time of meeting its needs than the dung beetle.

I'm not just arguing this to be nit-picking, but because I think it points to the larger issue brought up, as to whether we can detect an intelligent management or planning going on in the observed world.

Edited by the sad clown