Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
zebanoor

The Quran And My Fear

Ok i dont know if this should be in the councelling section so forgive me, i'd like to think i dont need councelling lol

To make this short and sweet, its been a while and im struggling with myself and my way of life. Holding the Quran is a mission for me let alone reading it.. I look at it and i get amazing vibes from it but the problem is im scared to hold it, even though im in a state of purity.. just dont want anything bad to happen and im scared to read incase i pronounce anything wrong and something bad happens. I've been praying and my faith has been increasing my fear has been increasing in Allah swt so i dont want to make any mistakes and get punished. Thinking about it now im geting hot sweats and goosebumps. I havent told my mum because i dont think shes going to take me seriously.

Hm.... maybe this should have been in the councelling section looking at it. Please forgive me i just want to know if this has ever happend to anyone else and what they did to overcome this problem

PropellerAds

Salam sis

Thanks for posting this.

I think that sometimes we don't give enough time to our emotions as we should do so what happens is that they pile up and begin to overwhelm us at a certain point. What these emotions need is introspection to help us get on with what we have to do. Find your personal space and try to connect with your surroundings and other stuff so these emotions can be exercised and prepared to read the Quran. Your intention is to explore the verses in hope of attaining wisdom.

Lastly, fear is natural and it can prevent you, however, let your love for something get on with what you must do with an open heart and clear mind.

:sl:

There is no need to worry about making mistakes when you read the Quran. Actually, you get double the rewards, as our prophet :sl: told us:

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said:

‘Such a person as recites the Qur'an and masters it by heart, will be with the noble righteous scribes (in Heaven). And such a person as exerts himself to learn the Qur'an by heart, and recites it with great difficulty, will have a double reward.’ (narrated by Bukhari)

Start reading from the Quran sister. Here is a suggestion: select a small surah, and try to read it in low voice while listening to how a sheikh recites it properly here:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/show.php/showforum/577.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/show.php/showforum/577.html[/url]

That section of the forum insha'Allah will help you read the Quran properly. Just select the surah in both your copy of the Quran and the corresponding topic, and play the sound of the reciter as you read along.

i'm going to go out on a limb and say that this is a good thing. i've noticed also that when my faith increases so does my fear of Allah. that's the way it should be! we are His servants, remember? He holds our lives and souls in His hands! but when the anxiety gets to be too much, remember that He is also the best of those who show mercy and He soothes us when we need it most. you can also use your fear of Allah to learn patience for the trials we face in this life.

don't stop reading your qur'an! that book, insha'Allah, will make you a better muslim everday and strengthen your relationship with your Creator. the words don't change but the meanings of them will. so read it and recite it and don't let your fear keep you away from what is best!