Islamic Forum
Lethal Injection

How Do You Know Religion Is True?

Salaam

I'm born a Muslim, and I do my duties like pray, fast, etc. The reason I say religion is unfair is that you're born into religion. That means if Islam is the true religion, then there is a predisposed bias towards people born in Muslim nations, as few actually consider changing to a religion other than theirs. Is it possible that all religions could be true? If there is a fair religion and a fair god, I would see it as a religion based on you as a person: good, bad, etc. You are good if you care for others, give charity, help the poor, etc. You're not really good if you spend all day praying and providing nothing for humanity etc. I've been getting lots of questions and doubts lately and you can't just dismiss it with "It's Shaytan." I mean the human brain is made to think and question, otherwise we wouldn't have made breakthrough discoveries like the computers, internet, etc. Is it possible that this is the start of a journey of me getting away from religion and adopting a religion of peace instead. Don't give me Islam is a religion of peace btw, lots were killed in the name of Islam. If you sin, you get lashed and stoned, etc. I'm just looking forward to seeing what you people have to say.

Salaam

PropellerAds

:sl:

Salam dear brother. If you think that people who were born Muslims are privileged over others who weren't born so, you're mistaken. Take yourself as an example, you're on the verge of abandoning Islam, and there is nothing that can stop you from doing so. You're not alone, many Muslims are either not practicing, or neglecting their prayers, or doing the ebadat regularly but find it ok to cheat, bribe, lie or backbite, or even forgot they are Muslims altogether. Compare that to reverts. Most reverts are very pious and close to the spirit of Islam, much more than lots of born Muslims.

What I'm trying to say is that, its up to us to understand and follow our religion in our heart, and live Islam as we should. Being born Muslim never stopped millions from becoming casual, neglecting Muslims. So, in the end, its how we decide who we are, at adulthood age, not how we were born into.

Scientific advances, breakthroughs in computers and the internet was never in clash with Islam. If you study them closer, you'll find that the more advanced we get, the more proves we see that we are on the one true path. Don't take my word for it. Read what western scientists are saying themselves.

My advise is to avoid reading anti Islamic sources. They build their attacks on a vicious circle of lies and dishonest tactics.

Think and question as much as you need. Islam is strong and can withstand all the doubts you can come up with. Just don't get the answers from the enemies of Islam. Always seek them from authentic and credible sources.

May Allah :sl: guide us all and fill our hearts with the beauty of faith in His true path, ameen.

Lethal Injection, of course it's good to think freely and use your mind to question things. I'm an atheist, but in Islam you have the right to analyze and question things; there are many verses that say that attributing the existence of Allah to creation is a sign for people who think, etc etc

I agree with dot as well. Just because Islam started in the desert 1400 years ago does not mean that it is immune to success in the fields of discovery. Many western scientists have converted:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetsunniforum(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/forum/showthread.php?44320-Amazing-clips-of-Scientists-who-converted-to-Islam"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetsunniforum(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/forum/showthread...verted-to-Islam[/url]

You have the right to judge and analyze and think, and nobody can stop you from doing so. But even I, a lifelong atheist, have lately found some sort of comfort in Islam, and I do view it as a major problem solver to world issues.

We do not know which religion is true; that is left up to faith.

So it's up to you really whether you want to accept in your heart what you think is true, or abandon it. All people here can do is warn you not to. But it's up to you.

:sl:

Salam dear brother. If you think that people who were born Muslims are privileged over others who weren't born so, you're mistaken. Take yourself as an example, you're on the verge of abandoning Islam, and there is nothing that can stop you from doing so. You're not alone, many Muslims are either not practicing, or neglecting their prayers, or doing the ebadat regularly but find it ok to cheat, bribe, lie or backbite, or even forgot they are Muslims altogether. Compare that to reverts. Most reverts are very pious and close to the spirit of Islam, much more than lots of born Muslims.

What I'm trying to say is that, its up to us to understand and follow our religion in our heart, and live Islam as we should. Being born Muslim never stopped millions from becoming casual, neglecting Muslims. So, in the end, its how we decide who we are, at adulthood age, not how we were born into.

Scientific advances, breakthroughs in computers and the internet was never in clash with Islam. If you study them closer, you'll find that the more advanced we get, the more proves we see that we are on the one true path. Don't take my word for it. Read what western scientists are saying themselves.

My advise is to avoid reading anti Islamic sources. They build their attacks on a vicious circle of lies and dishonest tactics.

Think and question as much as you need. Islam is strong and can withstand all the doubts you can come up with. Just don't get the answers from the enemies of Islam. Always seek them from authentic and credible sources.

May Allah :sl: guide us all and fill our hearts with the beauty of faith in His true path, ameen.

Brother, I'm not building any of my questions on anti-islamic readings. And I wish we could call every good soul brother and sister, not just those who are Muslims like us. I'd love to call a good Christian brother, a good jew brother, and any good human being brother (and sister). That would be a true universal religion of peace, a religion that binds all religion that's centered around good souls. My questions are those of a soul searching for answers that can never be answered, you just have to have faith (but then, you can say that faith is synonymous with brainwashed etc.). If you think about how sophisticated/complicated human beings are, you would say there has to be a creator, but then we weren't created in a day. It took millions of years before humans were created as studies show, so why did it take God this long? I never seem to get these sort of questions out of my head, even if I say aauuzu bellah mena el shaytan el rajim. It's not shaytan, it's my brain. So even if I firmly believe that there is a God and the religion is Islam, then I see that god is not truly fair. Sure he gave us the gift of life, but it could have been so much better with much less pain. I would just love to have a definite answer that would make me follow Islam truly and religiously, but such an answer isn't/can't be found!

Lethal Injection, of course it's good to think freely and use your mind to question things. I'm an atheist, but in Islam you have the right to analyze and question things; there are many verses that say that attributing the existence of Allah to creation is a sign for people who think, etc etc

I agree with dot as well. Just because Islam started in the desert 1400 years ago does not mean that it is immune to success in the fields of discovery. Many western scientists have converted:

<a href="you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_video.google(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/videoplay?docid=-5789309721856178863#" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_video.google(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/videoplay?docid=-5...09721856178863#</a>

<a href="you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetsunniforum(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/forum/showthread.php?44320-Amazing-clips-of-Scientists-who-converted-to-Islam" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetsunniforum(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/forum/showthread...verted-to-Islam</a>

You have the right to judge and analyze and think, and nobody can stop you from doing so. But even I, a lifelong atheist, have lately found some sort of comfort in Islam, and I do view it as a major problem solver to world issues.

We do not know which religion is true; that is left up to faith.

So it's up to you really whether you want to accept in your heart what you think is true, or abandon it. All people here can do is warn you not to. But it's up to you.

Hello brother. Congrats on finding a religion that brings peace to your heart, I hope I can find peace in Islam as well (between all religions, I'd pick Islam, but now I'm on the verge of becoming a believer in God who wishes religion was more beautiful/fair/attractive.) The Koran is truly great, and you can say it is enough proof that God does exist. But then again, it took 40 years to be written, but there is scientific proof in it, which I was looking for, that wasn't known at the time (like how mountains had roots that held the ground from shaking). I just can't seem to pinpoint my issue/question. I just hope that I can figure it out in the following year and hopefully I'll live the following year (so that I wouldn't die a non-believer; but then, what if you didn't die a non-believer? should you be thrown in hell? if god created us just to worship him, why not just make it known to us and command us to worship him? we were given a choice? but the correct choice is only one, or else you'll burn in eternal hell? argh the questions)

I really hope I can get more input. I would love it if you can point me to beneficial readings/movies/lectures/etc. (other than the Koran of course, I'm already familiar with it).

Salaam (which means peace, which shouldn't be restricted to Islam imo, as some of you now probably consider my questionings that of a "kafer")

Brother, I'm not building any of my questions on anti-islamic readings. And I wish we could call every good soul brother and sister, not just those who are Muslims like us. I'd love to call a good Christian brother, a good jew brother, and any good human being brother (and sister). That would be a true universal religion of peace, a religion that binds all religion that's centered around good souls. My questions are those of a soul searching for answers that can never be answered, you just have to have faith (but then, you can say that faith is synonymous with brainwashed etc.). If you think about how sophisticated/complicated human beings are, you would say there has to be a creator, but then we weren't created in a day. It took millions of years before humans were created as studies show, so why did it take God this long? I never seem to get these sort of questions out of my head, even if I say aauuzu bellah mena el shaytan el rajim. It's not shaytan, it's my brain. So even if I firmly believe that there is a God and the religion is Islam, then I see that god is not truly fair. Sure he gave us the gift of life, but it could have been so much better with much less pain. I would just love to have a definite answer that would make me follow Islam truly and religiously, but such an answer isn't/can't be found!

Hello brother. Congrats on finding a religion that brings peace to your heart, I hope I can find peace in Islam as well (between all religions, I'd pick Islam, but now I'm on the verge of becoming a believer in God who wishes religion was more beautiful/fair/attractive.) The Koran is truly great, and you can say it is enough proof that God does exist. But then again, it took 40 years to be written, but there is scientific proof in it, which I was looking for, that wasn't known at the time (like how mountains had roots that held the ground from shaking). I just can't seem to pinpoint my issue/question. I just hope that I can figure it out in the following year and hopefully I'll live the following year (so that I wouldn't die a non-believer; but then, what if you didn't die a non-believer? should you be thrown in hell? if god created us just to worship him, why not just make it known to us and command us to worship him? we were given a choice? but the correct choice is only one, or else you'll burn in eternal hell? argh the questions)

I really hope I can get more input. I would love it if you can point me to beneficial readings/movies/lectures/etc. (other than the Koran of course, I'm already familiar with it).

Salaam (which means peace, which shouldn't be restricted to Islam imo, as some of you now probably consider my questionings that of a "kafer")

Well, I wish you the best.

Perhaps it's a test. In Islam we are allowed to think freely and use our minds; I just hope you will come back to Islam one day.

I wish you all the best brother.

Until then,

Salaam

Good Luck

Salaam

I'm born a Muslim, and I do my duties like pray, fast, etc. The reason I say religion is unfair is that you're born into religion. That means if Islam is the true religion, then there is a predisposed bias towards people born in Muslim nations, as few actually consider changing to a religion other than theirs. Is it possible that all religions could be true? If there is a fair religion and a fair god, I would see it as a religion based on you as a person: good, bad, etc. You are good if you care for others, give charity, help the poor, etc. You're not really good if you spend all day praying and providing nothing for humanity etc. I've been getting lots of questions and doubts lately and you can't just dismiss it with "It's Shaytan." I mean the human brain is made to think and question, otherwise we wouldn't have made breakthrough discoveries like the computers, internet, etc. Is it possible that this is the start of a journey of me getting away from religion and adopting a religion of peace instead. Don't give me Islam is a religion of peace btw, lots were killed in the name of Islam. If you sin, you get lashed and stoned, etc. I'm just looking forward to seeing what you people have to say.

Salaam

Salam alaikum brother

Let me remind you that Islam is not just what you know so far, what we know about Islam is just like a skin on apple, let alone the what is beneath the skin., most of the muslims and non muslims are in this category.

The true nature, beauty, glory, sweetness etc is only discovered when you penetrate through the skin, but that only comes through believing in the Oneness of Allah, and associating no partner with Allah.

Allah gives this gift and mercy to whomever He wills and bless him/her with bounty.

[3.74] He singles out for His Mercy whom He will. And Allah is of abundant bounty.

If a person is truly a seeker of Truth, then Allah will teache him/her the secrect of secrects and expand his/her knowledge.

[6.125] ...He expands his chest to Islam (submission). .....

Peace will not come just by praying, giving charity etc, that comes only after if you strive for the sake of Allah and succesfully go through all the trials (If Allah Wills).

The heart truly finds peace if you remember Allah, but that mean how you remember Him, while fully concentrated and associating nothing with Allah when remembering Him.

[2.152] So remember Me, I will remember you

But the inner peace cannot come by so easily..

[94.5] Indeed, hardship is followed by ease,

[94.6] indeed, hardship is followed by ease!

I recommend that you read more about Quran, translation and tafsir of it.

The only successfuls in sight of Allah are those who have taqwa. You are right, we have been blessed with intellect, which helps us decide what is wrong and what is right, and we have the right to ask questions. If you have any questions, please ask.

Again you are not the one who will ask questions, everyone will ask question one day.

Concerning the realization of Divine Oneness [tawhid].

When the Shaikh (may Allah be well pleased with him) was asked about the realization of Divine Oneness [tawhid], he said:  

"[It is signified by] the indications of the secret of consciences [dama'ir], and of the hidden content of the secret of the innermost beings [sara'ir], at the advent of the Divine Presence [Hadra].  [It is signified by] the passage of the heart beyond the ultimate boundary of thoughts, its elevation to the highest degrees of connection [wisal], its penetration of the veils of glorification, its progress toward nearness on the feet of detachment, its advance toward proximity with the effort of singular devotion, in combination with the annihilation of the two realms of being, the vacating of the two domains [this world and the Hereafter], the removal of the two sandals, the acquisition of the two lights, and the extinction of all the worlds beneath the radiance of the lights of the brilliant flashes of disclosure, without previous intention."

Edited by Mercyonmankind

Salaam

Salaam

AsSalaamu Alaikum Lethal Injection.

I was born into a Christian family and reverted to Islam 15 years ago. Masha Allah. I had similar questions as I was coming into Islam, and sometimes soon after my Shahada. One thing that convinced me of the Islamic way of life is that it is a way of life, not just a "religion". At first I dumped my mind, holding on to only my belief that there is a God. I believe he sent us human prophets and messengers so that we wouldn't be able to say worshipping Him is unrealistic. So I asked via that same intellect and reason you mentioned, what is their message? Their pure message without interpretation from biased men. Authentic history gives proof to the books of those prophets and messengers. I wanted the true instruction and guidance, but when it became common knowledge amongst those who follow the Bible that the Bible has been changed, it became hard for me to follow any of the faiths that is based on it. I got into the Quran, and one thing stood out to me. And that is when you ask Muslims what does 'Muslim" and "Islam" means, we'll say the general "it means submission to God", or it means "submission to peace", etc. But when you read the Quran (English translation in my case), you read that Allah chose Islam as your religion, or the prophets were "Muslim", or something to that effect. But I wondered why not translate "Islam" and "Muslim" to its english meaning so that the concept is more understood. When you say Islam is a religion, we tend to become like a club or gang. Its because "Submitting to God" is a "Deen", a way of life that has been prescribed by the Creator directly for our own security and peace on an individual, family, and societal level. It isnt some categorized "religion". The Quran argues that Abraham (as) was neither Jew nor Christian, but one who submitted to the will of God. In that sense, Abrahah didnt tag a name of a religion to himself. He showed it in his way of living and worship of the One God. That way would just so happen to match the description and characteristics, the true description of what a "Muslim" is. We are all born on this natural state of submission to the natural state of submission to the Creator of the Universe, the Creator of the air you breath, the Creator of the mind you now ponder with, its just some of us are born to families and cultures more strayed away from that natural state. Allah says truth will smash the brains out of falsehood so if you cant fathom finding Allah via the unseen, then He welcomes you to ponder His creation, i.e., science, technology.

Islam does not promote sitting around praying all day. It is a system to first purify the soul with centering on the Creator of all that is created, then prayer which continually re-focusses us at least 5 times a day, preferrably in unity with mankind, it asks us to pay charity in order to balance our economies, purifying our wealth. We are to fast to remember the next hungry person all over the world, at the same time taming your own lower appetite. We are to make pilgrimage, which also has evidence with prophets before Muhammad (saws), which symbolizes a human brotherhood. These five pillars are only symbolistic means that should carry over into your moral conduct, and it should be motivated by what Muslims call Iman (Faith), the 6 articles therein. Belief in those 6 articles is our motivation, and are the same faith fundamentals of all the true prophets and messengers of God. Previous religions may carry some truth, even Atheism adheres to some common good morals that are in line with our natural state of worship, but Allahu ta'ala, God, the Most High, was merciful enough to send even another prophet in Muhammad ibn Abdullah (saws), with a clear book, an instruction manual if you will, that watches over what people may say about our purpose here. Islam is a way of peace if implemented correctly. Just as you are questioning its validity, that alone proves that men/women, in error of its understanding, can misrepresent Islam horribly. True seekers of a closer relationship with Allah will continually start over with the Quran.

Salaam

Salaam

I just can't seem to pinpoint my issue/question. I just hope that I can figure it out in the following year and hopefully I'll live the following year (so that I wouldn't die a non-believer; but then, what if you didn't die a non-believer? should you be thrown in hell? if god created us just to worship him, why not just make it known to us and command us to worship him? we were given a choice? but the correct choice is only one, or else you'll burn in eternal hell?

Brother, your questions are valid and you have every right to seek answers to them. Never consider that you are a Kafir or Unbeliever just because you have these thoughts. A believer is one who believes in Allah and the Prophethood of Muhammad (peace be upon him). You have said you accept the Quran, that you find it miraculous. You are believer, no doubt at all.

It seems that there are several questions on your mind. These can generally be categorised as relating to Justice. You rightly assume that Allah ought to be Just, which He is. But if He is Just, why do we see things that seem unjust? The key to understanding this is to know that what seems just to us, may in reality be unjust. What seems unjust to us, may in reality be totally just. Allah is Adl, The Most Just, and His justice is perfect. But human justice is imperfect. It is tainted by self interest and imperfect knowledge.

For example, a judge in court makes a decision on the basis of the evidence available to him. An alleged thief, for example, is tried on the evidence of a certain witness. That witness is somehow discredited in court, so the judge acquits the accused thief. Has he acted justly? Maybe not. The judge can only decide on the basis of what evidence the police can gather. Allah, on the other hand, sees and knows all things, all at once. When He deals justice, He does so on the basis of perfect knowledge of all the relevant matters.

The fact that humans experience pain or suffering in no way means that Allah is unjust. The reasons for human suffering are numerous. Primarily, hardship is a means to knowing and loving our Lord, and a way of building character and maturity. How do we come to love Allah through hardship? When we are sick for example, we wish to be healed. When Allah heals us, we come to know His Name of Shafi (The Healer). If we are aware, as we should be, that Allah is the One who heals us, we then come to love Him. If there was no sickness, we would not understand the value of being well, and would not know Allah's attribute of being The Healer. If there was no cold, we would not understand the value of being warm. And so on.

Remember that Allah has honored us humans with a rank above even the angels. The angels do not experience the hardship that humans do. Through enduring hardship, we come to know our Lord more comprehensively, and become strong and mature. It is a rule in nature, isn't it, that all achievement comes through striving, through enduring difficulty? If you wish to score well in an exam, you must endure hard study. If you wish to get fit, you must endure hard training. Similarly, if you wish to develop good character, you need to endure difficulty.

Allah tell us in many places in the Quran (such as 29:2-3) that we will all be tested. We are tested with illness, poverty, stress, doubt, temptation. Allah wishes for us to pass these tests. When confronted with the temptation to do something forbidden, Allah wishes for us to resist that temptation. It is through the endurance of this kind of difficulty that we gain character. Difficulty should therefore be embraced, not despised.

Brother, I pray that Allah guides and assists you to maintain your faith, and assists you to endure all difficulties. If you would like us to try to answer any other specific questions or doubts you may have, please let us know.

Peace.

Salaam

Salaam

First off brother did the Prophet Muhammad follow a religion? and what is religion? The Prophet Muhammed was the Quran walking meaning that he lived the words that God wants for us to be. So Islam is a way of life more than just a religion, and worship is how you live your life. How you live your life tells what you worship. Remeber that Allah says in the Quran that on that day your going to see people going into paradise and then he is going to turn to you and say ARE THESE MY DEVOTEES YOU SWORE WOULD NOT ENTER INTO MY PARADISE. So who is Allah talking to?? He is talking to those ignorant people who think that they know whos going to hell and whose going to paradise, the question is are we amongst those type of people and is the Quran talking to me. So how are we not those type of people? By seeing and saying that as long as you are a good human being then you stand a chance just like anybody else to be welcomed into Allahs paradise.

Islam is the best way and Muhammad is the best example for the human being to follow, now its up to an individual whether or not they choose to accept that. But if they follow another way and they are good people then Allah will judge them and paradise is for all good people period!! However if one is a constant rebel and works against the way of life that God wants for the human being then they are living a life of hell.

If one chooses to reject God and work hard in trying to get others to reject God then they are working in direct opposite of what those who believe in God do. Those who have respect for God are the ones who have set laws in place if we remove God then we start to remove laws and soon morality slips into corruption. Look at a seperation of church and state now people are free to open up strip clubs and in some countries the use of drugs is leagal and so is prostitution. However the way of life that God wants for us is far better, so if you reject God then you reject everything that God stands for and thus you reject Muhammad and all of the other Prophets and you reject what they all stood for. It is Unfair to choose a life of destruction and rejection of God and His messengers rather than to look at religion as unfair. Religion is very fair