Islamic Forum
Skenderbeu

Boxing/mma

PropellerAds
I have heard that boxing/MMA is haram, is this true and what verse in the Quran says so?

Just remember the hadith "deeds are by the intentions"

Why you will do a boxing ? To gain more money? Or you wish to see others beaten? If you say i like to get richier by hitting others and causing them pain and in the other way you pushing people to gamble with the betting on you?

Or let us say you just watchin the box match and you like let say Tyson to win, would you clap your hands while he hits his opponent?

See one answer on this

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetIslam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/en/ref/10238"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetIslam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/en/ref/10238[/url]

Just remember the hadith "deeds are by the intentions"

Why you will do a boxing ? To gain more money? Or you wish to see others beaten? If you say i like to get richier by hitting others and causing them pain and in the other way you pushing people to gamble with the betting on you?

Or let us say you just watchin the box match and you like let say Tyson to win, would you clap your hands while he hits his opponent?

See one answer on this

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetIslam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/en/ref/10238"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetIslam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/en/ref/10238[/url]

I do boxing because I enjoy the acitivity, it's more than just wanting to cause the other person pain, and its certainly not about the money as I don't get paid to box amateur

I have heard that boxing/MMA is haram, is this true and what verse in the Quran says so?

Yes boxing is haraam. The brother above provided a very good link. Do wrestling or something else, you'll live.

If boxing is haraam, what is to be thought of of all the legendary Muslim boxers like Bernard Hopkins, Chris Eubank, Mike Tyson, and Muhammad Ali?

Busting each othesr in the head, and punching your brains out and disfiguring each other can never be allowed between human beings. May Allah forgive us all.

alsalamo alykom brother,

real boxing that mostly will lead to a temporary or in many cases a perminant harm to the others and yourself is defenetly haraam.brother, i believe you will not be happy when causing a serious harm to your brother. there many Ayaas and hadeeths tells so, which is also supported be logic.

Allah tells in the Quran:

004.029Y: O ye who believe! Eat not up your property among yourselves in vanities: But let there be amongst you Traffic and trade by mutual good-will: Nor kill (or destroy) yourselves: for verily Allah hath been to you Most Merciful!

002.195Y: And spend of your substance in the cause of Allah, and make not your own hands contribute to (your) destruction; but do good; for Allah loveth those who do good.

in the hadeeths: (that's my bad translation)

"áÇ ÖÑÑ æ áÇ ÖÑÇÑ"

"don't cause harm to the self or the others, either in direct way or probable indirect way"

"don't point to/refer to your brother with the peice of metal/sord, that the Satan may try to make such action as a cause of dispute and fight. that may lead them to hole in the fire"

Islam not only forbids fight (that may cause harm), but also the probable reasons of it.

i believe the trainings of boxing itself, like runing carring a tree trunk (ROCKY II), jumping with the rope, fighting the air,....., boxing that hanged up billow will be ok. while it will not be OK any more if it led the person to real Boxing again.

Allah knows best,

I don't belive there is boxing and MMA topic here , wow , this forum is fantastic !!!