Islamic Forum
Euthyphro

Strongest Reason For Rejecting Christianity

What, in your opinion, is the strongest reason for rejecting Christianity from an Islamic point of view?

PropellerAds

I would say trinity; associating a son or partner to God. It's called shirk, and is the unforgivable sin.

Edited by mrhyder

I would say trinity; associating a son or partner to God. It's called shirk, and is the unforgivable sin.

You must have a different understanding of the Trinity to me. The doctrine of the Trinity teaches that there is One God, whose Name is YHWH, and there is no other God but Him. Perhaps you are confused about the idea that Jesus was the "Son of God"?

Islam doen't reject Christianity in fact Christ nature is the same thing as Muhammed nature. What we do reject is that God came in the form of a man namely Jesus. And that God died for the sins of the world. And that Jesus is the Begotton son of God. We also reject the fact that Mary was not married and gave birth to God which would make God the basterd son of Mary and Mary would have had a spirtual fornication with God if Jesus was Gods physical son.Thus making Jesus or God the Basterd son of himself...This confusion we reject..and the Bible says that God is not the author of confusion

Now if you say that the trinity means one God then why not desist from saying trinity why not say one God. Jesus said one God never did he say trinity and never did he make his self out to be the personal son of God...never

Islam doen't reject Christianity in fact Christ nature is the same thing as Muhammed nature. What we do reject is that God came in the form of a man namely Jesus. And that God died for the sins of the world. And that Jesus is the Begotton son of God. We also reject the fact that Mary was not married and gave birth to God which would make God the basterd son of Mary and Mary would have had a spirtual fornication with God if Jesus was Gods physical son.Thus making Jesus or God the Basterd son of himself...This confusion we reject..and the Bible says that God is not the author of confusion

Now if you say that the trinity means one God then why not desist from saying trinity why not say one God. Jesus said one God never did he say trinity and never did he make his self out to be the personal son of God...never

Thanks for your reply, twoswordsali. To clarify, by Christianity, I am referring to the way (orthodox) Christianity is defined today, which includes the doctrine of the Trinity.

I agree that God is not the author of confusion, which is why I want to correct a lot of misconceptions that you have about what Christianity teaches. Your two main misconceptions are that Christians believe that "Jesus is God" (where you a using the word is to mean "is identically equal to") and that Jesus was God's biological son. Christians reject both of these ideas, as the first suggests a (heretical) teaching called "modalism" and the second suggests that the Son of God is not eternal.

The reason we say God is a Trinity is because we believe that God has revealed something deeper about His nature - that He is actually not a single person, but a community of three persons perfectly unified in their love for each other, and the word Trinity (Tri-unity) encapsulates this idea. Hints that YHWH is a Trinity can be found throughout the Old Testament, but it is made explicit in the New Testament through what is says about Jesus and the Holy Spirit. If you would like me explain this in more detail, I would be more than happy to do so.

I am a student of the Bible as well and I know that when Jesus says son of God he is not referring to his self as being a personal special son of God, but yes i would like to talk more to you do you have msn, yahoo or google just so the conversation can be a little bit faster

I am a student of the Bible as well and I know that when Jesus says son of God he is not referring to his self as being a personal special son of God, but yes i would like to talk more to you do you have msn, yahoo or google just so the conversation can be a little bit faster

The phrase "son of God" has many different meanings in Hebrew/Aramaic. When it is applied to Jesus in the New Testament the meaning is equivalent to the title "Messiah" or "Christ". Son of God/Messiah has a number of divine connotations, which is why some Jews accused Jesus of blasphemy. However, Christians now use the phrase to refer to Jesus' unique relationship to the Father, which is shown by a number of claims which go way beyond the divine connotations of being the Messiah to imply that Jesus had the same nature as the Father.

It would be good to talk to you individually, but I also think that making these things clear on a public forum would be helpful. My MSN email address is on my profile (I can't access yours yet as I'm still a limited member) if you want to add me.

Right i agree so if Jesus showed them that the language does not mean any special son that it also says we are all sons of God then we should see Jesus as a different Person and not Divine. What did the blind man say of Jesus when they asked him who does he think Jesus is?

Right i agree so if Jesus showed them that the language does not mean any special son that it also says we are all sons of God then we should see Jesus as a different Person and not Divine. What did the blind man say of Jesus when they asked him who does he think Jesus is?

The phrase "son of God" means different things in different contexts. As you've studied the Bible, you will know that the phrase can refer to angels, kings and YHWH's children (israel) as well as being equivalent to the title of Messiah. We can tell when Jesus is claiming the latter because he claims to be the Son of God (as opposed to a son of God). When talking about Jesus' unique relationship with his Father, we need to look at the way Jesus speaks of this relationship, as the phrase "Son of God" was not used at the time to refer to this (it is only used in this fashion later).

Which passage are you referring to involving the blind man?

The phrase "son of God" means different things in different contexts. As you've studied the Bible, you will know that the phrase can refer to angels, kings and YHWH's children (israel) as well as being equivalent to the title of Messiah. We can tell when Jesus is claiming the latter because he claims to be the Son of God (as opposed to a son of God). When talking about Jesus' unique relationship with his Father, we need to look at the way Jesus speaks of this relationship, as the phrase "Son of God" was not used at the time to refer to this (it is only used in this fashion later).

Now when the Jews came to stone Jesus he said that we are all sons of God this pointed to nothing special amongst them and he was referring back to the Torah. And Jesus said that he did not come to Change the law but to uphold it. And by upholding the law means that he continued the practice of Moses of believing in one God. No special relationship to God just a Man of God sent to correct the the corruptness that has slipped into the religion. Jesus said

Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, [The Son] of David.

Mat 22:43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,

Mat 22:44 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?

Mat 22:45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?

Mat 22:46 And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any [man] from that day forth ask him any more [questions].

See the wisdom in dispelling the notion that Jesus is the son of God, Jesus never said trinity or belief in Trinity he only teaches us to believe in God Trinity goes against the Torah and Jesus upheld the teachings of Moses

Which passage are you referring to involving the blind man?

Jhn 9:17 They say unto the blind man again, What sayest thou of him, that he hath opened thine eyes? He said, He is a prophet.

Jhn 9:18 But the Jews did not believe concerning him, that he had been blind, and received his sight, until they called the parents of him that had received his sight.

So here we have one who has been heald from Jesus giving him his rightful position a Prophet, but the Jews did not believe him.

So according to Christianity is Jesus God?

There are 2 major schools of thought in Christianity regarding the Trinity.

1. 3 physically separate members with an identical goal and but different skill (correct me if that is not the proper word choice).

2. 1 God whos personality is often described in and personified as three different people.

Hi Allaway;

Both of these schools of thought that you describe give divinity to Jesus; don't they?

Salam

The strongest reason for rejecting Christianity would be the concept of the Original Sin which rejects the concept of Individual Accountability.

There are 2 major schools of thought in Christianity regarding the Trinity.

1. 3 physically separate members with an identical goal and but different skill (correct me if that is not the proper word choice).

2. 1 God whos personality is often described in and personified as three different people.

That is my strongest reason for rejecting it. That the religion has sects that are so different on major points of the religion.

And the fact that it says that God has to eat,sleep, and is capable of dying.

I studied Christianity at a Catholic school and I think the biggest turn off was when we learned about the great schisms.

The religion just seems so corrupted with the leaders lacking discipline so whenever someone disagreed they formed their own church.

There are 38,000 Christian denominations according to the World Christian Encyclopedia.

A person ignorant of Islam could argue the same thing about Islam as a religion but in reality there are only two movements, Shia (minority) and Sunni (majority). Despite this difference most of the practices are the same and all of the major points in belief are still the same. Many Muslims (particularly on this forum) incorrectly and unintentionally mislead others by labeling every schools and political movements within Islam as a sect. This is incorrect, sects do exist but in reality they are very few and nobody takes them seriously.

Many Muslims (particularly on this forum) incorrectly and unintentionally mislead others by labeling every schools and political movements within Islam as a sect. This is incorrect, sects do exist but in reality they are very few and nobody takes them seriously.

:sl:

I have no idea what you hope to gain by telling new members that Gawaher is filled with misguided people...if you are hinting that you have a problem with the forum rules, which prohibit discussions of sectarian beliefs/ideas, I would advice you to take the issue up with brother dot in a PM. Also, since you say that sects are few, a Hadith speaks about the 73 sects that are all entering Hellfire except one.

On topic: Since all of the other reasons were already given, one of the main reasons I cannot accept Christianity is because it teaches that one being had to die so that all of mankind would be absolved of their sins. The reason given is that God's honor demands retribution of some sort (meaning, he can't forgive people for their sins if they simply seek repentence). Therefore, an innocent being (or God Himself, however you view Jesus) had to give his life so that the doors of forgiveness would be opened, more or less. This ties to the concept of original sin, which was mentioned before. On the one hand, we are guilty because of what Adam and Eve did. On the other hand, we are forgiven because of what Jesus did. We are accountable for something that was not our fault, and we are forgiven without earning the right.

Salam.

:sl:

Jus to summarize, some teachings of christianity that we reject are

The divinity of Jesus

That he is the begotton son of God as some says

That he died on the cross

The concept of original sin

The Current bible to be the word of God

Salam

I would consider the doctrine about the Original Sin the root of the falsehood, from where the other falsehoods derived.

The concept that an innocent had to die because of the sin of the first human being, Adam alayhissalam is unjust, but God Almighty is Al-Adl, The Just.

Adam and Eve committed a sin, but their descendants are responsible. We are responsible for a sin that someone else did, but the innocent has to pay the price by being executed. What kind of justice is that?

There was a Christian sect who did not believe in the original sin. Check out the Pelagians or Pelagianism.

Assalamu alikum wr wbr... watch how a christian missionary responds to the question of Jesus (PBUH) BEING ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE SINS OF MANKIND.... :sl:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetyoutube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch?v=RNV9XwBHEy8"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetyoutube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch?v=RNV9XwBHEy8[/url]

I reject Christianity because I don't believe Prophet Jesus P.B.U.H was the son of God.

So said Jesus ( alaihi salaam)…[using large font size is not allowed]

“My Father is Greater than I…….(John 14:28)

“My Father is Greater than all……(John 10:29)

“…I cast out devils by the spirit of God……(Mathew 12:28)

…with the finger of God cast out devils……(Luke 11:20)

“I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge; and my judgment is just; because I seek not my own will, but the will of the Father, which hath sent me.[using large font size is not allowed]

 Mission of Jesus Christ (pbuh)……

“Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the Prophets; I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

“ Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the Kingdom of heaven; but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be

called great in the Kingdom of Heaven……….(The Bible, Mathew 5: 17-20)[using large font size is not allowed]

 The Bible mentions the prophetic nature of Jesus mission in the following verses:

“… ….and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father’s which has sent me…. (The Bible, John 14:24)

“

…And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou has sent….(The Bible,John 17:3)

Jesus refuted even a remote suggestion of his divinity. Consider the following incident mentioned in the Bible:

“….And, behold, one came and said unto him, “Good master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?â€

And he said unto him, “Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God; but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.â€

The above statements from the Bible refute the Christian dogma of divinity of Jesus and of salvation through the sacrifice of Jesus (pubh). Jesus (pbuh) exhorts keeping the commandments as the means to achieve salvation…..( The Bible, Mathew 5: 17-20)[using large font size is not allowed]

 Jesus (pbuh) of Nazareth ….. a man approved of God:

The following statement from the Bible supports the Islamic belief that Jesus (pbuh) was a prophet of God.

“….Ye men of israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, A man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know.â€[using large font size is not allowed]

 The Bible does not support the Christian belief in trinity at all. One of the scribes once asked Jesus (pbuh) as to which was the first commandment of all, to which Jesus (pbuh) merely repeated what Moses (pbuh) had said, namely:

"]“Shama israelu Adonai Ila Hayno Adna Ikhat.[/color] This is a Hebrew quotation, which means:…….Hear, O israel: The Lord our God is one Lord……(Mark 12:29)[using large font size is not allowed]

How much research have you guys done before drawing your conclusions? What were your sources or references? Were they anti-Christian biased?

God bless,

I read a bit about Christianity at school and from the BBC. My knowledge is not vast.

I disagree with the idea of Prophet Jesus (P.B.U.H) is the son of God.

There are some things I like about Christianity.

My source: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetbbc.co.uk/religion/religions/christianity/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetbbc.co.uk/religion/religions/christianity/[/url]

What do you like about Christianity?

God bless,

Well I like the following:

- The religious buildings, they look nice.

- Christians respect for Prophet Jesus (P.B.U.H)

- Christian concept of morality (similiar to Islam)

- How Christian make emphasis on forgiveness.

The last point, is truly hard for me to achieve. In general, I find it very hard to forgive, not the forgiving type.

What, in your opinion, is the strongest reason for rejecting Christianity from an Islamic point of view?

Before accepting Islam I was a Christian for 63 years. Comparing the two is easy. Christianity is very complex. Islam has the purity of simplicity.

JamesYaqub