Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
saleri

Islamic Punk Rock Music

Salam

I was curious as to how Muslims react to muslim punk rock bands. They have emerged in America mainly but alot in Iran aswell.

here is one called the kaminas

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetmyspace(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/thekominas"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetmyspace(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/thekominas[/url]

PropellerAds

Al-Salaam-Alaykum

Music in Islam is a controversial issue, but the majority of scholare are in agreement that music that go against the teachings of Islam, has curses, make you feel a certain way, have women exposing themselves, influence violence, drinking, gambling is not allowed. Music that goes with Islam, such as beautiful songs of Islam and the prophet is very good. I really don't know what the theme of punk rock is, but if it invokes any of these which i described then it's haram. I actually just looked into this band you speak of, and the first song title i saw was "Blow Sh** Up", i wouldn't advice any muslim to listen to this type of music, and Allah knows best. Hope this helps.

Edited by pujols5

:sl:

Controversial issues like this one, are often discussed repeatedly between Muslims. To save our members' time and minimize the confusion, specially for those new to Islam, we have prepared a centralized topic, where you can read what scholars had to say about it. These issues should only be discussed each in its designated topic (some topics are prohibited to discuss in IF, and so you'll only be able to read what we have for you there).

Please click to see a list of our (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showforum=468"]topics on controversial issues[/url]. That list covers issues that members cannot discuss elsewhere in IF.