Islamic Forum
Hasib

Life Is Short.. (real Life Story)

:sl: all,

Its been a while since I've written anything on here.. so here goes.

AS some of you might know I recently survived a pretty bad car crash :sl: with minimal injuries. The medics and cops at the scene were not expecting anyone to survive the crash much less talk and get back on their feet in a few short days :no:.. It is all by Allah we know this very well.

I can draw many parallels between that incident and life in general as mentioned in the Holy Quran.. and that is "it is but a dream.. a passing phase.." and the after life is forever and ever enduring.. this message is repeated over and over in the Quran.

Let me describe the incident. It was a regular Saturday evening like any other day. We were getting ready for soccer practice and were going to the field to play. There were 2 occupants in the car; myself sitting in the back and another younger male in the front driving the car. So off we left the house.. got on the freeway.. then another freeway and then our exit onto the surface streets.. then since I was in the back I was just looking out the window at other cars and the local scenery etc.. then the last thing I remember was approaching a traffic light which was red color.. the next thing I remember is waking up in the ambulance not sure exactly what is going on.. I'm very out of it.. I can see myself but I can't move.. I'm speaking but nobody is hearing me or if they are and they are replying then I cannot hear them.. there is a police officer next to my head and there are some paramedics trying to do something to me but I don't feel anything.

How best to describe it? For those of you who are late comers to suhoor in Ramadan and your mother or father wakes you up?? You are in deep sleep dreaming and suddenly your parents are waking you up and you are in a state of daze and confusion??. Now think of that x 100000.

So there I was lying very unsure of what was going on. Finally things started to click and the officer asking me what date it is.. I didnt remember what date it was! He asked me what time.. I was recalling a blank.. I asked him where we are and where we are going. I remember asking him about the person in the front who was driving the car and he kept silent. I honestly thought something weird had happened and I didn't think this whole thing is real. I thought I'm in a very real bad dream but its very very real. By the way I didnt feel any pain or anything.

Anyway long story.. finally I wake up again and I'm in the hospital bed.. more fast forward and :j: I'm fine now.. trying to recall the events of that night and how soon it can all end for someone. It is certainly true that Death can come upon you when you least suspect it (4:78, 62:8-10). I'm at a loss for words. Truly I can say it wasn't my time yet. I think with more time I can fully comprehend the gravity of the situation and how close it all came!

Bottom line: please be thankful for what Allah has given you and try to be a good muslim/person because after we die our money will not help us.. but our good deeds will help us substantially.

PropellerAds

Assalamu alaikum, Ya Allah, Hasib, Ya Bunayye, Alhamdulillah you are fine, how is the other person was it your younger brother, I just read the PM. InshaAllah will get in touch.

Salaam and duaas.

Assalamualaikum.

Astaghfirullah..

Seriously, you know I'm reading this now, 2o'clock in the morning, below an air-conditioner and everyone fast asleep. Yes you know how that would feel. I'm already cold then after reading this I was totally frozen. I can't even type properly right now. Yes, how is that younger male driver..?

Assalamualaikum brother

Ya Allah, Alhamudulillah you are fine brother...I have to say brother I am truly speechless when I read your story. Though I have not seen your face, I have always seen your posts in the forum and they never fail to make me smile, or at least laugh inside. I'm glad that you are okay, and I'm thankful and grateful that you posted an important reminder about our life.

May Allah grant you a speedy recovery..

Walaikumussalam warahmathullahi wabarakathuhu

Inna lillahi wa inna ilahi raaji'oon.We often forget the inevitable truth :sl:

Thank you for the reminder brother.jazakallah khair.

May Allah forgive you , the other brother and all of us.

:sl: brother

Inna lillahi wa inna ilahi rajioon.

Alhamdulillah you are well.

May Allah swt forgive us our sins and grant us the hidayat to live life in accordance with Islam.

Assalamu alaikum.

Wow, I'm glad you're well, alhamdulillah. Life's precious and give it your best, thanking Allah for these opportunities and the knowledge to do better. It's definitely a great reminder, thanks for sharing :sl:

:sl:

salam alekum

Alhumdulelah u r fine brother

:sl:

Alhamdulillah youare fine brother hasib. many others have already asked this question before.....where is the other person in whowas driving the car?is he ok?

Assalamu Alaikum, from what I have come to know the other person is much better Alhamdulillah, he is out of the Hospital but is being treated with Physical Therapy and so on. He needs our duaas. May Allah give him full recovery, ameen.

Salaam.

wa alaikum assalam brother,

I am glad you are fine alhamdulillah.

Though this has been asked like several times, how is your younger brother? What happened to him?

If you don't mind tell brother.

Very touching story. JazakAllah khair for reminding us, of something we should always be remembering :sl:

Subhan'Allah Akhi....

I am grateful you are here to share your experience....with Allah's (SWT) strength you are here to continue this beautiful journey he has for you....

Islam is the relegion which abrogates (nullifies) all other relegions....the relegion of truth