Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
thinkingsoul

What To Do? - In Need Of Help

Asalam-a-laikum,

For the past 5+ years I've loved someone very dearly and always had the intention to marry him and so did it he. We both even did Istikhara once (quite at the beginning). Eventually though things became complicated as we couldn't find a way to get rid of the misunderstandings that have occurred between our families. At one stage, I gave up because I didn't want to hurt anyone and at other stage, he gave up because he felt that we are fighting for a lost cause and I am doing myself harm in keeping my hopes so high. It's been almost a year now and I still have very strong feelings for him so that it even at times hinder me to think about any other man. However, I don't want to hurt my family or his or any one for that matter. It is just since last couple of days that I have realized that I still want him in my life, and I simply don't know what to do. I don't have that much courage and I am not good at handling things. Someone suggested me to do Istikhara again. What exactly should I ask for? I am not sure how to ask and what exactly to ask so that I ask for the correct thing.

I am not sure where I am heading towards and I don't have any clue how to deal with this pain of not having him in my life. I do not wish to have any regrets and do not want to make wrong decisions.

I'll be very thankful to you if you could give me some advice.

Please pray for me. I am in need of your prayers. May Allah reward you for your effort and your kindness, Ameen.

Fi ImanAllah

PropellerAds